Ken Colquette and the 2013 Sequatchie Co Indians

98nationalchmps

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they stay excited, but in all reality it's not going to happen. They have no idea what they are in store for when pads come on. I have seen coach Colquitt coaching style up close. Only kids that will be dressed out on Fridays will be those that absolutely eat and breathe football or whose parents make them play. Right now Ken seems all lovey dovey. Come spring, the kids will learn names and cuss words they did not know existed. Ken will win, but it won't be with 80 plus players.

Edited by indian623

I hope they stay excited, but in all reality it's not going to happen. They have no idea what they are in store for when pads come on. I have seen coach Colquitt coaching style up close. Only kids that will be dressed out on Fridays will be those that absolutely eat and breathe football or whose parents make them play. Right now Ken seems all lovey dovey. Come spring, the kids will learn names and cuss words they did not know existed. Ken will win, but it won't be with 80 plus players.

I was going to say something like this but I'm giving Ken the benefit of doubt. The sign of a good coach is the ability to adapt you system and coaching style to suit ability and personality of your team. Ken is a good coach. There is no way in the world the old Ken could survive in today's world. The pussification of America has gotten to the point where parents don't want little Johnny's feelings to be hurt. I promise, the old Ken could hurt some feelings among other things. The parents and players at Seq couldn't handle his old style. Not many, if any, places could. To see how bad it has gotten one only has to look at what happened at Rutgers with the basketball coach and AD. And he only threw basketballs at them and used homophobic slurs. I'm sure Ken has mellowed in his old age but his competitive spirit is still there. I still will be suprised if 65+ are dressed for the first game. I consider Ken a friend and this is nothing that I wouldn't say, and haven't said to him since he left MC.

Who is going to be the QB this year?

Was told it would likely be Reed (Sophomore). He is smaller unless he has hit a growth spurt since last fall. Did see some action at RB last season has quick feet and a nice burst. A lot (non-coaches) thought despite his size and being a Freshman that he should have seen more action and a few more carries than he did.

Was told it would likely be Reed (Sophomore). He is smaller unless he has hit a growth spurt since last fall. Did see some action at RB last season has quick feet and a nice burst. A lot (non-coaches) thought despite his size and being a Freshman that he should have seen more action and a few more carries than he did.

In every program, most "non-coaches" have those thoughts. More times than not, that's why they are "non-coaches".

There is a lot of excitement building but I think a lot of people are taking a wait and see approach the team has one of the toughest schedules in the area IMO adding Boyd Buchanan to a schedule that already has South Pittsburgh & Signal Mountain They know Coach Colquette's credentials and his reputation.

The traditional gold helmets are back. The field house has recently been renovated with fresh paint, new flooring all new weight room equipment plus plans are underway for adding a new team meeting/multi-purpose room on to the home side end of the field house this summer.

If I heard right Spring Practice starts May 9.