Middle Tennessee Dream Team

rasslinlite

I have had the good fortune to spend some time with young Mr. Cyree and i can honestly say that i promise you Devan has no concern with making a dream team or any other team that is not determined by pure personal accomplishment. [ i.e. state title ] . Devan is a hard working, well mannered young man who doesnt say much at all about anything. anyone who knows him..... knows exactly what im talking about. I respect the opinion of others but it is a little crazy to put together a "dream team" without bringing your best man at each weight. absolutely no disrespect to the other wrestlers involved as every individual has their own story and every one of these kids deserve credit for having the courage to work at the hardest sport known to man. However, the fact is: Devan is the best guy at 106 period. There is alot of conversation on coach T. about representing the state of tennessee and comparing us to the rest of the wrestling country. Why not take the state winners to represent? Just a thought and an opinion. Also, I find it hard to compare individual football accomplishments with wrestling. For sure apples to oranges. I believe cyree [ at 113] has pinned the #2 through #6 ranked individuals in the state and did so in the first period. I also believe he weighs 108. My prediction is the Devan will pin his way through the state tourney.

I am devans father and appreciate the vote of confidence for him...and you obviously do know devan cause you hit the nail on the head...he is very quiet and a bit shy and really doesnt get concerned about alot of stuff...nor i for that matter...i am a proponent of mid tn wrestling and try to keep my boys in mid tn for the sake of building this area...but these kinds of decisions really reiterate why chatt area remains the hot bed in tennessee for wrestling...good luck to all this weekend and the next two weeks

Yes Austin got 3rd at Ryan. Austins loss was also a match he shoud have won. I believe he was leading by 9 or 10 points when he made a mistake and the Hendersonville kid capitalized. Richard wins the rematch 10/10 times. He is the best 138 in the mid state and will make his case to be the best 138 in the state in a couple weeks

Should he have won also against Cleveland last night when he got pinned again ?

• Upvote 1

Please tell me your not comparing Ezra Taylor to a Hendersonville kid no one has heard of. That would be a disgrace to Ezra.

Ezra Taylor lost to the Father Ryan 126 lb wrestler. I believe the criteria used for the selection of wrestlers on this team is head to head and common opponents. The Wilson Central and Father Ryan wrestler did not wrestle each other; however, they did have 1 common opponent. Wilson Central got pinned by Hendersonville and a couple of hours later, the Hendersonville wrestler got pinned by Father Ryan. Case closed. Father Ryan should have gotten the 138 lb spot. I understand Pierce Olsen was not eligible because he wrestled most of his matches at 145 and 152 lbs. It does not matter if Wilson Central got pinned by a fluke or if he could beat the Hendersonville wrestler 10 x's out of the next 10 x's. He got pinned by a wrestler who turned around and got pinned by the next guy. Losing does have it consequences.

Edited by facenthecrowd