soddy daisy

active8

They're not going anywhere. A few weeks back I saw the all-star middle school team in the paper, of about 25 at least half of them were from Loftis or Soddy. My guess is it's been like that most every season, I've seen the yearly picture and listing before but I don't remember specifics. East Hamilton will continue to be strong and will challenge in the district starting next year making it a four team race instead of the usual two or three. Rhea could have been in that group in future seasons if they keep improving but they're changing districts.

Assuming the post means how will Soddy do with a new coach, they should be fine with Coach Skiles taking over. The biggest question is how will they fair without Nunley in the circle?

I have heard Coach Skiles is already not dealing with disciplne issues the way he should. If he does not deal with that now it could be a long season.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Soddy will always be near the top. But I cant agree wirh the middle school All Atar reasoning. 3/4 of the states middle schools play in the spring not the fall. Therefore this is not a true All Star team. I can name at least 6 different 8th and 9th grade pitchers from middle Tennessee that can compete with anyone in the Chattanooga area in that age group.