Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

This is the whining I was talking about. Grainger is fine as long as they're winning but have them lose and they're calling out opposing coaches, fans, facilities and the refs!! Face much adversity?

I havent called out a coach, fan , or a ref. Just a facility and location discussion for me. Edited by boxn1

No one said your team wasn't up to par. I think they said exactly the opposite, in that your team played well and deserved to win. Before you get too cocky, keep in mind that this was one game on one night in on your home floor. You guys were the best team last night. I don't think anyone would say that Unicoi is a better team than you guys, even though they beat you on their home floor the last time you played them. Upsets happen, especially to teams on the road. That's why you play the game. Again, hats off to your girls, they won and played better than Grainger for most of the game. They were great competitors, and handled themselves with class. Now on to your coach.....that's another matter. That was a low class, jerk move to call a full time out for no reason with 34 seconds left and a 15 point lead and then act as if he was drawing up a play. Give me a break, that was for no other reason than to rub the other teams' nose in it. No team deserves that. I've seen him do it to other teams, and I've heard coaches from other schools talk about him doing that to them. The night before in the semis he slams a full bottle of water down on the floor in front of his bench and sprays water all over the playing floor all for the purpose of saying, hey everyone look at me and how mad I get at my players. The game is about the players and not you Coach. Draw attention to your players and not to yourself. He's a first class A hole. Kudos to any coach who can shake his hand after a game, cause if I were coaching I would want to wait outside for him after the game. Now on to your facilities......... I gave credit where credit was due and that was to your team and the girls on it, but not to your facilities or to your coach. I've been in your gym and in Grainger's and Grainger's is much better. I'm not saying that's anybody's fault, but fact is fact. It is better. Maybe someday You guys can come down and play Grainger on their home floor. And maybe the result would be different or maybe it would be the same, but we will never know unless you guys come down and try it sometime. I for one would like to see Grainger play You guys in the regular season.

First and foremost our coach is a teacher and if he saw a opportunity to teach our players something that may help them in the future during the game then that is his call not yours, even if there is .1 sec left in the game. How can you be so conceded to think it was about you or making you mad, maybe he just wanted to hear our student section Cheer “OVER-ER RATE-ED†a little while longer? It sure beat having to hear more cuss words from the Grainger Students then you would hear at a Rap Concert. You should have taken that time to take a bar of soap up there and wash out their little mouths. Your coach was the one to show no class. He was the one that refused to shake hands because his wittle team gots their tails whipped, poor thing…Boo Who Who

Edited by CyclonePrider

I've read all the posts in this thread, and have a few comments of my own. First, I won't take one thing away from the Lady Cyclones. They played a good game. Lots of talent on that team, well coached, and hard players. My hat goes off to the Lady Cyclones, and I wish you the best of luck. Someone posted the final score between the Lady Cyclones and the Lady Grizzlies back in the discussion. A question to the poster.....how come you only posted the results of only one game? Why didn't you post the overall season record of BOTH teams, instead of the results of only one game. I guess we all know the answer to that one. I'll have to tip my hat to the Cyclone fans for the "standing" support they gave their girls. Wish Grainger had done the same...could have affected the outcome of the game. I'll agree also with the calls for the officials to pose with the Lady Cyclones. Maybe if the Grainger students had been allowed to sit down on the floor with their team instead of up top, that would have been different. Something about the students standing up and blocking the view of others. Funny, I believe the Lady Cyclone fans were on their feet all night. Not complaining, just sayin. As far as the Lady Grizzlies losing the game, and their record....let's see. They have had a perfect season up until last night. Only game they lost all season. Would someone learned in statistics please post a comparison between the Lady Cyclones and the Lady Grizzlies. Let's let the TRUE numbers speak instead of us flapping our jaws. Lady Cyclones have a fantastic team with great players. But I don't think their season record comes anywhere NEAR the Lady Grizzlies record. I do believe we both played some of the same teams, or teams of the same caliber, so that issue is moot. You just can't argue with numbers and facts. AS FAR AS THE FACILITIES GO.......NO ONE in this region has facilities that can compare with those of Grainger High. Halls are wide enough for at least 20 people to walk side by side. I heard one unknown fan complaining in the Men's rest room that it was more like the women's with the wait we all had. You'll all have to agree it was way too small for that size crowd! Dressing room opportunities......again numbers and facts speak loudly and are irrefutable. As far as seating goes, again Grainger win's hands down. Comfortable bench seats with plenty of room for skinny or fat people! Parking.....eh......not bad at Elizabethton. Ease of access to the campus of both schools is good. BUT...to say that Elizabethton or Chunkey Doke are in the "middle" of the Region is just hilarious! Every year, we either play at Elizabethton or that cracker box at Chunkey Doke. Chunkey Doke is the biggest joke for a Region game, let alone a District game! CD has NO parking! Now, to be FAIR, let's play the Region in a rotating location each year. Stick with the TSSAA size/facility requirements and allow EVERYONE to host. Now don't tell me any of our Region schools would refuse to host either the District or the Region. My final words. Fans need to cheer for their team and not heckle/disrespect the opponent. That includes before, during, and after the game at hand. No excuses. Officials are not perfect, and we've all had several who were substandard even for less than perfect. Do their calls change the outcome more so than the player's performance? Good question with a lot of answers. TSSAA could do a little better with these "protectors of the game". All in all we've had a good season. For one I am darn proud to be a loyal fan of the Grainger Grizzlies Men and Ladies....win or lose. Great games men, and great game last night Ladies! Just wasn't in the card for us to win. But what did we lose? We lost one game....ONE game. Don't forget the rest of the season....it's been a great accomplishment! We have one less plaque to hang in the trophy case. Again, we lost only ONE game. NO ONE ELSE in the District or Region can make that brag! Shucks...who else in the State can compare to our record? Good coaching from our coaches! We certainly have the best....in my humble (but correct) opinion. Learn from last night, bear down, and let's show CAK what the other teams in our district and region have seen on the hardwood all season! Love my Grizzlies, and thanks to all our opponents as well! As someone has already posted....we live in the MOST beautiful part of the State of Tennessee! On to Murfreesborough! GO LADY GRIZZLIES!

I've read all the posts in this thread, and have a few comments of my own. First, I won't take one thing away from the Lady Cyclones. They played a good game. Lots of talent on that team, well coached, and hard players. My hat goes off to the Lady Cyclones, and I wish you the best of luck. Someone posted the final score between the Lady Cyclones and the Lady Grizzlies back in the discussion. A question to the poster.....how come you only posted the results of only one game? Why didn't you post the overall season record of BOTH teams, instead of the results of only one game. I guess we all know the answer to that one. I'll have to tip my hat to the Cyclone fans for the "standing" support they gave their girls. Wish Grainger had done the same...could have affected the outcome of the game. I'll agree also with the calls for the officials to pose with the Lady Cyclones. Maybe if the Grainger students had been allowed to sit down on the floor with their team instead of up top, that would have been different. Something about the students standing up and blocking the view of others. Funny, I believe the Lady Cyclone fans were on their feet all night. Not complaining, just sayin. As far as the Lady Grizzlies losing the game, and their record....let's see. They have had a perfect season up until last night. Only game they lost all season. Would someone learned in statistics please post a comparison between the Lady Cyclones and the Lady Grizzlies. Let's let the TRUE numbers speak instead of us flapping our jaws. Lady Cyclones have a fantastic team with great players. But I don't think their season record comes anywhere NEAR the Lady Grizzlies record. I do believe we both played some of the same teams, or teams of the same caliber, so that issue is moot. You just can't argue with numbers and facts. AS FAR AS THE FACILITIES GO.......NO ONE in this region has facilities that can compare with those of Grainger High. Halls are wide enough for at least 20 people to walk side by side. I heard one unknown fan complaining in the Men's rest room that it was more like the women's with the wait we all had. You'll all have to agree it was way too small for that size crowd! Dressing room opportunities......again numbers and facts speak loudly and are irrefutable. As far as seating goes, again Grainger win's hands down. Comfortable bench seats with plenty of room for skinny or fat people! Parking.....eh......not bad at Elizabethton. Ease of access to the campus of both schools is good. BUT...to say that Elizabethton or Chunkey Doke are in the "middle" of the Region is just hilarious! Every year, we either play at Elizabethton or that cracker box at Chunkey Doke. Chunkey Doke is the biggest joke for a Region game, let alone a District game! CD has NO parking! Now, to be FAIR, let's play the Region in a rotating location each year. Stick with the TSSAA size/facility requirements and allow EVERYONE to host. Now don't tell me any of our Region schools would refuse to host either the District or the Region. My final words. Fans need to cheer for their team and not heckle/disrespect the opponent. That includes before, during, and after the game at hand. No excuses. Officials are not perfect, and we've all had several who were substandard even for less than perfect. Do their calls change the outcome more so than the player's performance? Good question with a lot of answers. TSSAA could do a little better with these "protectors of the game". All in all we've had a good season. For one I am darn proud to be a loyal fan of the Grainger Grizzlies Men and Ladies....win or lose. Great games men, and great game last night Ladies! Just wasn't in the card for us to win. But what did we lose? We lost one game....ONE game. Don't forget the rest of the season....it's been a great accomplishment! We have one less plaque to hang in the trophy case. Again, we lost only ONE game. NO ONE ELSE in the District or Region can make that brag! Shucks...who else in the State can compare to our record? Good coaching from our coaches! We certainly have the best....in my humble (but correct) opinion. Learn from last night, bear down, and let's show CAK what the other teams in our district and region have seen on the hardwood all season! Love my Grizzlies, and thanks to all our opponents as well! As someone has already posted....we live in the MOST beautiful part of the State of Tennessee! On to Murfreesborough! GO LADY GRIZZLIES!

I gave the score and it was not to down anyone and its what happens now that matters not a week ago and that's not taking anything away from the great season Grainger has had they are a good team and good kids but don't try to read my mind when you have no clue what I'm thinking or saying just because I give a score.

I havent called out a coach, fan , or a ref. Just a facility and location discussion for me.

Well i can tell you for a fact in district and region 1 its up to the league to set were its going to be playing the Big 8 it moves to a differant team every year the region moves every other year.So you need to get on your Coach @ AD for letting the same site have it every year when you guys come up here in 2 years it will be at another home site so next year you have a year off of crying Edited by jeffs

The facilities argument is moot because you don't have an argument. That's the way you guys operate. Only show up when you've got a good case to make, and when you don't....well then everyone else is just being silly and childish to even claim such a thing. Your players are credit to your school, unlike your coach and lot of your fans. Seems that you and most of your people that post on here seem to be a direct reflection of your coach! And I stand by my statement that he is a classless jerk. I think you could quickly gather a big crowd of people from the East TN area that would join that opinion. Follow your leader, I suppose. And as for me, I really don't care what kind of day that you have.

If you weren't so closed-minded you would understand that I do have a perfectly sound argument. For the record, I will concede Grainger has a better facility. With that said, you missed the whole point. The argument is still moot because this year was D1's turn to host. I haven't disagreed with anyone that the current system is best or always fair. However, it is the system we have and have had. You make it sound as though poor Grainger is the only team that has had or will have to deal with it. Next year, D1 teams will have to deal with whatever D2 venue is picked. If it's Grainger, sobeit. As for our coach, you can have whatever opinion you want. He's like all people that I know in that he is imperfect. Heck, we all are. As far as being a "classless jerk," that he is not. I'm sure there are detractors - many of which are tired of getting routinely beaten by him and our teams. But as far as having a big crowd of haters, I don't see them except for those from Grainger Co. Have a great rest of the day because I know I will... :popcorneater:

I gave the score and it was not to down anyone and its what happens now that matters not a week ago and that's not taking anything away from the great season Grainger has had they are a good team and good kids but don't try to read my mind when you have no clue what I'm thinking or saying just because I give a score.

Lawnman, my intention was NOT as you see it. I was merely pointing out that the score from ONE game does not define a great team. Lady Cyclones nor Lady Grizzlies.

Well lets talk about the season and who you guys played. If you total up all the points Elizabethton in the four games Elizabethton lost it would not have been by 15. They were just a 2 point loss (48-46) to the number one team in SC. Dorman who is playing for the 4A state championship tomorrow night in the Colonial Life Arena.

http://www.schsl.org/2012Brackets/gbt4.pdf

The Lady Grizzlies are to be commended for their great record. However, to say the Lady Cyclones record is "nowhere near" Grainger's is over-stated. If you want to look at the numbers, then look at all the numbers. First, if we look purely at wins and losses, then Grainger obviously gets the nod. But, what about out of conference competition? The two teams that Elizabethton lost to in SC would have beaten Grainger as well. These were teams that I'm sure will compete in their respective state tournaments. It's hard to compare conference schedules, but D2 was as weak overall as I've seen. D1 was not as strong at the top as sometimes in the past, but there was more parity than in a while. Consequently, I think the strength of schedule check goes to the Lady Cyclones. Betsy did lose two regular season games they shouldn't have. Regardless, I would conclude that both are quality teams with great records, that are having outstanding seasons and hopefully will have more than one game of basketball remaining. Peace... :rolleyes:

Well lets talk about the season and who you guys played. If you total up all the points Elizabethton in the four games Elizabethton lost it would not have been by 15. They were just a 2 point loss (48-46) to the number one team in SC. Dorman who is playing for the 4A state championship tomorrow night in the Colonial Life Arena.

http://www.schsl.org...ackets/gbt4.pdf

Now, what was the Lady Cyclone's record up until last night as compared to the Lady Grizzlies? Take a look at what the Lady Grizzlies did to Middle Tennessee in the Christmas Tournament in Smith Co. Woo hoo! You played a good team in South Carolina. ONE GAME! The number of points anyone scores is mute compared to WHO GOT THE WIN! We have waaaaayyyyyy more of those than the Lady Cyclones. Check your records on that one!