Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

Good luck to the Lady Cyclones tonight against a very strong Grainger Co. team. They are undefeated which is an awesome feat. Some might question the strength of schedule. While there is some merit to that argument; there is no doubt it takes talent, guts and strong will to go out and win every game. The same kind of things were said about the 2011 Lady Cyclones who lost in the first round of the state tournament. Regardless, that was an awesome Betsy team and this Grainger team is awesome in their own right. That being said, It will be a very tall order, but I too believe the Lady Cyclones have a chance tonight. They will have to avoid a slow start, play up to their potential and likely get a little help from the Lady Grizzlies to win. Go Betsy!

As for the venue for the regionals, I believe there are several factors. I do believe the standard practice is to alternate between districts each year. However, there are other factors to consider. First, the venue must meet the TSSAA requirements for seating capacity to qualify. Secondly, the venue must be willing to host. I believe there are other considerations as well, i.e. the centrally located criterion mentioned before is another example. I don't believe there is any limitation placed on whether a participating team can host, at least not by the TSSAA. For the record, this is the first time in several years that D1 has hosted the AA regionals and it's been even longer since Elizabethton hosted. As far as the facilities, I believe Elizabethton is a good fit. The court is full-size (college standard), well-maintained, well lit (which is not the case in most high school gyms) with adequate parking. Additionally, the gym seats 2000 with the pull-out bleachers up top and the seats on either side are fully-backed individual seats (which not that many gyms have). Just a note: I missed the semi-final games on Monday, but I was told by a Cyclone fan that a Grainger fan (possibly even a Grainger parent) made the following comment upon entering the EHS gym the first time: "What a s%!+hole to play in." I thought that comment a bit ironic. First, the EHS gym is far from a s%!+hole!!! Secondly, I realize Grainger has a big, nice, new school with presumably a nice gym (I have never been inside); however, that has not always been the case. If I'm not mistaken, Grainger Co. replaced the old Rutledge High that was old as Methuselah. Maybe the Grainger folks would rather play at CD Middle School where the R1-AA was held a few years back.

Ok guys I had a funeral and missed this game and we one 70-55 and we must have played a great game.so would someone give me a recap of the game please.

Congrats Lawman and Lady Cyclones. I told you I thought you had a good chance,but I never dreamed it would be like this. Enjoy and get ready for the big one.

Pujo we have to meet sometime at a ball game and I enjoy talking to you on here and those bulldogs bout beat our boys earlier this season. I also keep up with all our teams.

Enjoy you're comments as well. Would love to meet you also. If you attend alot of ballgames,I'm sure we've crossed paths before.

Our Bulldogs can play a little also. They've just struggled to win several close games. I think its mainly mental toughness,maybe this last one has helped some. I've got a feeling my oldest is gonna play on some very sucessful teams in the next 3 years.

Enjoy you're comments as well. Would love to meet you also. If you attend alot of ballgames,I'm sure we've crossed paths before.

Our Bulldogs can play a little also. They've just struggled to win several close games. I think its mainly mental toughness,maybe this last one has helped some. I've got a feeling my oldest is gonna play on some very sucessful teams in the next 3 years.

I agree and Hampton is always tough to play and usually a very physical team.

Grainger County ran into a Betsy buzz saw tonight. The Lady Cyclones came out hot with Reazyn DeMoss and Kelci Marosites lighting it up from beyond the arc. They built a double digit lead and then held off repeated attempts by Grainger to get it close. Taylor Hodge pretty much singlehandedly kept the Grizzlies in the game. She is a very good player. Whitney Roberts and Kayla Marosites picked up their games in the second half to complement the still hot Region MVP Reazyn DeMoss. DeMoss certainly got some sweet satisfaction after being left off the all District team. Sarah Bradley also made some nice offensive and defensive plays from the point. Alcoa will come in Saturday and a Betsy win will send the Lady Cyclones back to the state tournament for the 4th time since 2005. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Congratulations to Grainger on the 32 game winning streak and good luck against CAK on Saturday.