Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

Now, what was the Lady Cyclone's record up until last night as compared to the Lady Grizzlies? Take a look at what the Lady Grizzlies did to Middle Tennessee in the Christmas Tournament in Smith Co. Woo hoo! You played a good team in South Carolina. ONE GAME! The number of points anyone scores is mute compared to WHO GOT THE WIN! We have waaaaayyyyyy more of those than the Lady Cyclones. Check your records on that one!

At this time of year , I am pretty sure that the score of the one game is really all that matters.

The Lady Grizzlies are to be commended for their great record. However, to say the Lady Cyclones record is "nowhere near" Grainger's is over-stated. If you want to look at the numbers, then look at all the numbers. First, if we look purely at wins and losses, then Grainger obviously gets the nod. But, what about out of conference competition? The two teams that Elizabethton lost to in SC would have beaten Grainger as well. These were teams that I'm sure will compete in their respective state tournaments. It's hard to compare conference schedules, but D2 was as weak overall as I've seen. D1 was not as strong at the top as sometimes in the past, but there was more parity than in a while. Consequently, I think the strength of schedule check goes to the Lady Cyclones. Betsy did lose two regular season games they shouldn't have. Regardless, I would conclude that both are quality teams with great records, that are having outstanding seasons and hopefully will have more than one game of basketball remaining. Peace... :rolleyes:

While you are browsing all those wins and losses, what do you find from the Christmas Tournament in Smith County this year down in Middle Tennessee and the Lady Grizzlies performance? No losses until last night...lost to a well prepared and ready to play team...and let's see......how many weeks were you guys rated NUMBER ONE in the state? You are correct. The facts do speak for themselves.

At this time of year , I am pretty sure that the score of the one game is really all that matters.

For the Lady Grizzlies, the loss last night only means two things. We lost one game all season, and we didn't bring home another plaque to hang in the trophy case. That's ALL we lost last night. Hopefully we'll meet again in Murfreesboro on a neutral floor and see if the Lady Cyclones can perform a "repeat" of last night.

Lawnman, my intention was NOT as you see it. I was merely pointing out that the score from ONE game does not define a great team. Lady Cyclones nor Lady Grizzlies.

Ok sorry and I do thank you have a great team and you should be proud of them and I try not to disrespect anyone on here because I realize we're talking about high school sports and its not all about winning because we all know you have to be a good loser also and I wish your team the best of luck and hope you make it to state.

Now, what was the Lady Cyclone's record up until last night as compared to the Lady Grizzlies? Take a look at what the Lady Grizzlies did to Middle Tennessee in the Christmas Tournament in Smith Co. Woo hoo! You played a good team in South Carolina. ONE GAME! The number of points anyone scores is mute compared to WHO GOT THE WIN! We have waaaaayyyyyy more of those than the Lady Cyclones. Check your records on that one!

If you put it that way I guess they would have put up 30 against you guys.

Nothing that happened prior to last night matters at all. Now , what happened last night doesn't matter. The only thing that matters now is the upcoming games for both teams

We'll disagree on all that happened before last night, and on what happened last night. Both are VERY important to BOTH teams. You can't weaken nor take away what got both teams to where they were/are. What we WILL agree on is the importance of the upcoming games both will face. I will end by saying Good Luck to BOTH the Lady Grizzlies and the Lady Cyclones.

Congratulations, records are great! BTW, check the records for Wins/Losses, District Championships, Regional Championships, substate championships and state appearances over the past 10-15 years and see how they compare. However, I would not trade places with Grainger right now, i.e. have the better record and be traveling to CAK or have the lesser record and host Alcoa. I'd pick the Lady Cyclones' position every time... :rolleyes:

Congratulations, records are great! BTW, check the records for Wins/Losses, District Championships, Regional Championships, substate championships and state appearances over the past 10-15 years and see how they compare. However, I would not trade places with Grainger right now, i.e. have the better record and be traveling to CAK or have the lesser record and host Alcoa. I'd pick the Lady Cyclones' position every time... :rolleyes:

That's a pretty darn good record the Lady Cyclones have there over the last 10-15 years. Nothing to sneeze at. But as far as this season goes....and I thought that's what we were all discussing, they fall short of the Lady Grizzlies Yes, records are great!