Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

I really didnt want to get into this, but well, I couldnt resist. Dugger was a very successful coach for Eliz boys for a number of years, but he couldnt follow rules, and was forced out as coach. He stayed out of coaching for about ten years and returned to coach the freshman boys for a couple years when his kid played, then back out of coaching again until Eliz was pretty much forced to turn to him in the fall of 2007 when the prior coach (Weams?) left them just before school started. The Supt didnt want Dugger but after being turned down by several (including one from my school), he took Dugger as a last resort. Make no mistake, Dugger is an outstanding coach, but he still skirts the rules every chance he gets. I have it from a reliable source that he practices his teams when its only supposed to be open gym.

And of course he will "encourage" a good player from the county to "come on down"!!

This is to take nothing away from this years team; they have done a great job of recovering from the loss of their point guard. The players deserve all the credit, so lets give it to them, and not their coach. Dugger gets too much credit IMO.

My speculation is that you couldn't beat CAK either, especially on their home floor. It will literally be a tall order for Grainger to beat them. I think CAK is probably the favorite with it being at their place and all the size that they put on the floor. Would be an upset for Grainger, if they pull it off. But, the great thing about it is that my predictions and your predictions don't mean a whole lot. Grainger will show up and give it their all, that I can assure you. We will see what happens. Best of luck to your PLAYERS the rest of the way. I hope they win in spite of their coach and some of their fans.

Well let’s see we have played Alcoa already this year and beat them by 21 points. They handed a loss to CAK a couple of times this year. Getting that Home Court Excuse ready again I see, Don't blame you.

Edited by CyclonePrider

Right, and I hate to burst yours, because you didn't win over 20, you won exactly 20 last year. And you did finish 2nd to Unicoi in both the regular season and district tourney and you lost in the first round of the Region on your home floor to District 2's 3rd place team. That is a down year by the standards that you guys have laid out on here. That is a down year for a program with the proud tradition and esteem that you guys said you have. That is a year that Dugger's ego just couldn't handle and he left after 4 games. Amazing that you can blame that on the superintendent. Wow.

No, what is amazing is that you have gone off the deep end over our coach simply because on the floor Wednesday night, Elizabethton was the best team and outplayed Grainger from start to finish!

And 20 wins while going through one thing after another was fantastic for these girls. In the end, everyone knew 20 wins was an underachievement because he had the same starters then as this year! Same great team, just handed a tough hand to play with.

Just get over the fact that Grainger is not undefeated anymore.

I would like for the Lady Grizzlies to win over CAK Saturday -- for the girls, not for fans like you. Since you know so much about Elizabethton, I suppose you know we already played Alcoa in our gym once this season and won 82-61, but whatever the outcome, we are fine because we know we have had the best season possible. Losing two of our best players was hard to overcome, but we have and people like you will not change that.....nor will it change the fact that we won big Wednesday night!

Oh, one more thing ...... better luck next year if you make it to the regional final. Seems you guys have a problem with that.

I really didnt want to get into this, but well, I couldnt resist. Dugger was a very successful coach for Eliz boys for a number of years, but he couldnt follow rules, and was forced out as coach. He stayed out of coaching for about ten years and returned to coach the freshman boys for a couple years when his kid played, then back out of coaching again until Eliz was pretty much forced to turn to him in the fall of 2007 when the prior coach (Weams?) left them just before school started. The Supt didnt want Dugger but after being turned down by several (including one from my school), he took Dugger as a last resort. Make no mistake, Dugger is an outstanding coach, but he still skirts the rules every chance he gets. I have it from a reliable source that he practices his teams when its only supposed to be open gym.

And of course he will "encourage" a good player from the county to "come on down"!!

This is to take nothing away from this years team; they have done a great job of recovering from the loss of their point guard. The players deserve all the credit, so lets give it to them, and not their coach. Dugger gets too much credit IMO.

Hmm. And those good players from the County Schools are Whom? Name One? Bet you can't.

Well let’s see we have played Alcoa already this year and beat them by 21 points. They handed a loss to CAK a couple of times this year. Getting that Home Court Excuse ready again I see, Don't blame you.

No excuse. It's a fact. You wouldn't match up with CAK either. If you can predict, so can I. If you think home court doesn't matter, then why did you lose to Unicoi County on their home floor? The same Unicoi County team that we beat by 18 on our home floor. See your argument doesn't hold water. You will or should beat Alcoa. CAK beat Alcoa 3 out of 4 times. Alcoa beat them once on Alcoa's home floor. Anybody can beat anybody once. Especially on their home floor. Just like you did to us. Pretty naive if you think home court doesn't matter.

Amen Brother, Amen!

Prider, you've ridden this home court garbage enough on here. Posting in other discussions on how you guys will have home court advantage over Alcoa tomorrow night. Get over it. You make all this garbage over winning one game. Shucks, Grainer has been #1 in the state for weeks, and undefeated until Wednesday night. If anyone has anything to crow about, it's Grainger, not Elizabethton. The only bragging on here is coming from you and a couple more from Elizabethton, and it comes from one game. It is certainly sad that your life has been so devoid of successes that you have to base everything on ONE game! Grow up kid. You aren't ready for the big boys yet.

McCurry was from Unicoi County. The state tourney team from a couple years ago had the little point guard from the Roan Mtn area. That same team got Bowling from Happy Valley.

There's three in the last three years. Im sure there's more. I hear he is trying to convince the Bowers girl to leave Hamtpon and come back to Eliz next year.

Right, and I hate to burst yours, because you didn't win over 20, you won exactly 20 last year. And you did finish 2nd to Unicoi in both the regular season and district tourney and you lost in the first round of the Region on your home floor to District 2's 3rd place team. That is a down year by the standards that you guys have laid out on here. That is a down year for a program with the proud tradition and esteem that you guys said you have. That is a year that Dugger's ego just couldn't handle and he left after 4 games. Amazing that you can blame that on the superintendent. Wow.

We did beat Unicoi last year something Grainger could not do.

No, what is amazing is that you have gone off the deep end over our coach simply because on the floor Wednesday night, Elizabethton was the best team and outplayed Grainger from start to finish!

And 20 wins while going through one thing after another was fantastic for these girls. In the end, everyone knew 20 wins was an underachievement because he had the same starters then as this year! Same great team, just handed a tough hand to play with.

I would like for the Lady Grizzlies to win over CAK Saturday -- for the girls, not for fans like you. Since you know so much about Elizabethton, I suppose you know we already played Alcoa in our gym once this season and won 82-61, but whatever the outcome, we are fine because we know we have had the best season possible. Losing two of our best players was hard to overcome, but we have and people like you will not change that.....nor will it change the fact that we won big Wednesday night!

Oh, one more thing ...... better luck next year if you make it to the regional final. Seems you guys have a problem with that.

Oh I've been waiting on the injury excuse about how you've lost 3 starters to injury. Truth is.... you're better now than you were when you had the seniors. Losing those 3 freed Dugger up to play the 2 Freshmen twins. They are better players than any of the 3 you lost, and should've been starting from day one. The injuries were the excuse that he needed to play them. If he tried to play them in front of any of those 3 injured players he would've had a senior mutiny on his hands and team turmoil. You guys are better with the lineup that's playing now than you were before. FACT! Now back to injuries. Grainger's starting PG tore her ACL in the last regular season game. Another back up point guard had knee surgery before the 1st week of the season and hasn't played at all this year, and the PG that they started against you the other night is just coming back from ACL surgery and is about 60%. That's 3 PG in one year. Grainger doesn't have two 6 foot freshmen twins to step in and fill that role. Kudos to Betsy for having that kind of depth. It's just not a luxury that most schools have waiting in the wings when the injury bug comes calling. But, don't try and act as if the injuries have devastated you, they made you better.

Won big Wednesday night? Give me a break! Won by 15, but at lease 8 of those came from our intentional fouls at the end of the game giving scores from the bonus line...NOT from play on the court. You need to get YOUR facts straight. Not taking anything away from the Lady Cyclones, but your arrogance is only exceeded by .....................