Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

Kristin, Lauren and Cara all came to Elizabethton because they wanted to play in a good program. Certainly nobody invited Lauren to come. And the Bowers kid left Elizabethton, the system she went to school in all her life for Hampton. What does that make Leon? You think he wasnt talking to her before she left EHS? Right

Ask Leon about what Dugger did to try and get the Dugger girl to come to Eliz several years ago----yes THAT Dugger that is a senior at Hampton this year. Dugger did his best to try and get her to come to Eliz.

I know all about the pgs and their injuries. I know those two girls and both are really nice and sweet little gals. But to say the cyclones are better off without the three they lost is not correct. Better off without McCurry - true, but Hodge was a force underneath and Depew is a true pg who can also score big points and was the team leader. She would have been great with the twins so don't begin to badmouth those two girls! EHS is better having the twins in the lineup, but not because of loving Depew and Hodge. They would have been awesome together!

Nope, you are wrong. Elizabethton led by 17 at one point....before all the intentional fouling began!

Since when did we go from the win to earlier in the game. My comments were at the end. Who led when is mute in the game. It's the final score only that matters. You can't dispute the FACT that the end score was inflated....AS ARE ALL END OF GAME SCORES...by intentional fouls to change possession or extend the game. You've done it, we've done it, common practice! All these posts from up there seem to be centered around ONE GAME ONLY. The Lady Grizzlies had, and still has, the better record. That is unless the Lady Cyclones have been undefeated all season and ranked number one in the state. Not throwing at you, but at all the posts in general.

Since when did we go from the win to earlier in the game. My comments were at the end. Who led when is mute in the game. It's the final score only that matters. You can't dispute the FACT that the end score was inflated....AS ARE ALL END OF GAME SCORES...by intentional fouls to change possession or extend the game. You've done it, we've done it, common practice! All these posts from up there seem to be centered around ONE GAME ONLY. The Lady Grizzlies had, and still has, the better record. That is unless the Lady Cyclones have been undefeated all season and ranked number one in the state. Not throwing at you, but at all the posts in general.

I'd trade rankings and records for championship trophies any day. Keep your cupcake, trophyless, undefeated season... Edited by Cody

Wow! You all have beat this dead horse into oblivion....lol! Elizabethton beat a good Grainger team. Both teams have elimination games tomorrow night. I hope they both win as I have no love for CAK and Alcoa....lol! I want to go to Murfreesboro next week. Go Cyclones!

Amen brother!!!

I'd trade rankings and records for championship trophies any day. Keep your cupcake, trophyless, undefeated season...

Wow...you really told me on that one. I guess I'll cower under my bed for a while until I stop shaking! Why is it you Betsys can't stay on one line of talk for more than one post. No one has dissed Elizabethton's past record, but a lot of you Betsy's sure have tried to trash ours. I'll take the high road and be the mature one here and just let it go. I REALLY hope we meet again in Murfreesboro. How much do you want to put on our next meeting? Show us just how confident you are.

Wow...you really told me on that one. I guess I'll cower under my bed for a while until I stop shaking! Why is it you Betsys can't stay on one line of talk for more than one post. No one has dissed Elizabethton's past record, but a lot of you Betsy's sure have tried to trash ours. I'll take the high road and be the mature one here and just let it go. I REALLY hope we meet again in Murfreesboro. How much do you want to put on our next meeting? Show us just how confident you are.

Ok - all teams have fans with different personalities who support them in different ways. Some support is good for teams and some may be embarrasing. I'm sure the Grainger players would agree. It is a really big deal that your team had a long stretch of being undefeated through the season and into the post season. We had a team not so long ago who was blessed and fortunate enough to do the same and yes, they lost in the first round of the state tournament. It broke their hearts as well as us parents/fans. Did it take away from their accomplishments in our eyes? Absolutely not - we were still just as proud of them. And I'm sure the Grainger parents/fans feel the same about their team.

Now please stop putting pressure on these teenagers by talking about how things would be different or the same at the next meeting and let them enjoy the experience of their success. Sometimes adults cause more hard feelings between the kids than would be there without these type remarks. I can tell you for sure that one particular girl that was on our undefeated team now goes to college with some of the very players who played for our biggest rivals and there certainly was no love lost between the players. Now they have good relationships and respect each other and what they all accomplished. They've even played some intramural ball together.

Elizabethton's players are some of the best kids with lots of heart and commitment to what they are working for that you'd ever meet and I'm sure the same could be said of Grainger's. Hopefully if they get to meet again each team will respect the other and not let the things talked about in this thread influence their opinions of the other.

I don't know why you'd cower under your bed because of what somebody said online. That'd be just silly. The comment was in direct reaction to you telling everybody about how you were ranked #1 and undefeated with nothing to show for it. You just sound ridiculous. I'm not a 'Betsy' as you so put it. Just passing through reading a butt hurt fan's efforts to not look like a jerk after getting beaten. It would probably be best if you just kept quiet until Grainger gets that championship. You're losing credibility with every letter you type. I'm from southeast Tennessee where we have to go through the Livingstons and Cannons and Uppermans every single year just to get to state, not Loudon and a nearly .500 Chuckey-Doak. Btw, we've been to state 5 straight years. It doesn't get any easier once you finally break through and get there. I sincerely hope Grainger does well unless we run into them. Grainger has beaten "that other team" from McMinn County. I'd like to see how they'd do against THE team from McMinn County. Good luck against CAK. They have a girl from this area who is heck of a player but tore her ACL earlier in the season. Just a freshman. You'll probably be seeing her more than you want to in the coming years.

You're taking the high road? How, by whining incessantly since Elizabethton beat Grainger???? Get over it.....whining won't change a thing about that 15 point loss. Being undefeated during the season doesn't impress people. Doing it in Murfreesboro will.

Haha. McCurry's dad still works in Erwin; he never left his job. They rented a place in Eliz.

Kara Bowling (who plays for ETSU now) went all through county schools till the 11th grade; she was a Happy Valley Warrior her whole career until Dugger got her playing on his AAU team the spring/summer before her junior year and she switched teams as a junior.

The point guard played for Cloudland through Junior High and came to Eliz the year Dugger started coaching the girls. Get your facts right before you make such bold statements. Coachh17 knows these facts are true, but likely will stay out of this as he was a Eliz coach for many years.

Close, but not all these so-called facts are true. Your statement about Cara is not completely accurate. Dugger didn't get her playing "on his AAU team" as she played for her father's AAU team throughout high school. She did move before her junior year, but what you fail to mention (and probably didn't even know) is that she was planning to attend EHS as a freshmen. Her family decided not to make the move at that time after the EHS coach told her father that he likely would not be staying at EHS. The coach left a few months later. Cara later decided to make the move to Elizabethton to get better coaching and be on a better team. Edited by etownsparky

Just saying, I was at the Elizabethton and Grainger game and it was total domination. Elizabethton is the better team. They rebounded, shot, and defended better than Grainger. I hope that they get to play each other again on "neutral grounds" so that all these Grainger fans will have to admit who the better team and coach is. Records mean very little now. Every game must be played like it is your last game of the season. Maybe we will have us a little rematch soon if neither team overlooks their next opponent! Go Cyclones!

Close, but not all these so-called facts are true. Your statement about Cara is not completely accurate. Dugger didn't get her playing "on his AAU team" as she played for her father's AAU team throughout high school. She did move before her junior year, but what you fail to mention (and probably didn't even know) is that she was planning to attend EHS as a freshmen. Her family decided not to make the move at that time after the EHS coach told her father that he likely would not be staying at EHS. The coach left a few months later. Cara later decided to make the move to Elizabethton to get better coaching and be on a better team.

Eliz. was never competitive till they started the recruiting.From the Petrowskis right on down. Didn't they live in the Happy Valley zone? And them playing at home always had the ref advantage as over half the refs were from Carter County. And wasn't Rikki's father over them? So don't say they have never recruited because we all know that is a crock. There are at least 2 players every year that live outside Eliz. school zone.