Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

Eliz. was never competitive till they started the recruiting.From the Petrowskis right on down. Didn't they live in the Happy Valley zone? And them playing at home always had the ref advantage as over half the refs were from Carter County. And wasn't Rikki's father over them? So don't say they have never recruited because we all know that is a crock. There are at least 2 players every year that live outside Eliz. school zone.

Man you are soooo jealous and If we have the refs in our pocket why did our boys lose at home Thursday night.We just played better than Grainger and that's the bottom line.

Eliz. was never competitive till they started the recruiting.From the Petrowskis right on down. Didn't they live in the Happy Valley zone? And them playing at home always had the ref advantage as over half the refs were from Carter County. And wasn't Rikki's father over them? So don't say they have never recruited because we all know that is a crock. There are at least 2 players every year that live outside Eliz. school zone.

Elizabethton girls basketball has been competitive for some time even before any of the Petrowski girls started playing. Someone else has already addressed their living in Elizabethton and attending city schools and we are very glad to have them. As far as playing at home, I am assuming you mean during this regional tournament since that has been a huge topic. Those refs were from Region 3 so that's a bit out of Carter County. Also, if you have ever attended an Elizabethton game whether home or away you would know that we are much less than easy on refs and their performances. Based on what we had during the tournament though, it does appear local refs do a better job than I previously thought. Since you claim to be so knowledgeable on area girls basketball info I would have thought you were aware of both of these things. Now if by Rikki you mean Baughman, her father has a business in Hampton and has to my knowledge never been a ref or been in any way involved with refs.

Now, if a child and their parents make a choice to come to Elizabethton, whether for academic reasons or because they want to play ball in a solid, proven and successful basketball program we will welcome them with open arms. But it is just that - the choice of parents and their children.

You are very persistant in your quest of degrading Elizabethton. Perhaps you would be better served taking that persistance and recruiting for your ball team.....then you could spend your time improving your ball program so you can compete rather than trying to cut down another program to have an excuse why you can't beat them......

Edited by CycloneMom

This thread has gotten so off base it is ridiculous. First, it's obvious that both Grainger and Elizabethton have passionate fans. Secondly, it's apparent there are trolls that are all to willing to take shots at both, e. g. this 'tired' recruiting and 'refs are EHS homers' BS. Consequently, I suggest the Lady Grizzly and Lady Cyclone fans focus more energy on supporting their respective teams in their quests to get to Murfreesboro. Likewise, I suggest the trolls/detractors crawl back under the rocks they slithered out from under. Go Cyclones!

This thread has gotten so off base it is ridiculous. First, it's obvious that both Grainger and Elizabethton have passionate fans. Secondly, it's apparent there are trolls that are all to willing to take shots at both, e. g. this 'tired' recruiting and 'refs are EHS homers' BS. Consequently, I suggest the Lady Grizzly and Lady Cyclone fans focus more energy on supporting their respective teams in their quests to get to Murfreesboro. Likewise, I suggest the trolls/detractors crawl back under the rocks they slithered out from under. Go Cyclones!

Agree! No more posts from anyone! Lets end it here.

Ok - all teams have fans with different personalities who support them in different ways. Some support is good for teams and some may be embarrasing. I'm sure the Grainger players would agree. It is a really big deal that your team had a long stretch of being undefeated through the season and into the post season. We had a team not so long ago who was blessed and fortunate enough to do the same and yes, they lost in the first round of the state tournament. It broke their hearts as well as us parents/fans. Did it take away from their accomplishments in our eyes? Absolutely not - we were still just as proud of them. And I'm sure the Grainger parents/fans feel the same about their team.

Now please stop putting pressure on these teenagers by talking about how things would be different or the same at the next meeting and let them enjoy the experience of their success. Sometimes adults cause more hard feelings between the kids than would be there without these type remarks. I can tell you for sure that one particular girl that was on our undefeated team now goes to college with some of the very players who played for our biggest rivals and there certainly was no love lost between the players. Now they have good relationships and respect each other and what they all accomplished. They've even played some intramural ball together.

Elizabethton's players are some of the best kids with lots of heart and commitment to what they are working for that you'd ever meet and I'm sure the same could be said of Grainger's. Hopefully if they get to meet again each team will respect the other and not let the things talked about in this thread influence their opinions of the other.

I will have to agree with you 100%, but discussions like this one are NEVER one-sided. It takes two for an argument, so here's hoping the Elizabethton and Grainger posters/fans will follow your excellent advice. Guilty as charged, but, most doors I've seen swing both ways and not just one. I'll join you on the "high road" and clean it up a bit on my part. I won't even go back to the first posts and see who started the heckling and got all this started. Good luck tonight Lady Grizzlies....WIN BIG! Good luck tonight Lady Cyclones...WIN BIG! I do so hope we get to meet next Saturday night down in Murphy Center.

I don't know why you'd cower under your bed because of what somebody said online. That'd be just silly. The comment was in direct reaction to you telling everybody about how you were ranked #1 and undefeated with nothing to show for it. You just sound ridiculous. I'm not a 'Betsy' as you so put it. Just passing through reading a butt hurt fan's efforts to not look like a jerk after getting beaten. It would probably be best if you just kept quiet until Grainger gets that championship. You're losing credibility with every letter you type. I'm from southeast Tennessee where we have to go through the Livingstons and Cannons and Uppermans every single year just to get to state, not Loudon and a nearly .500 Chuckey-Doak. Btw, we've been to state 5 straight years. It doesn't get any easier once you finally break through and get there. I sincerely hope Grainger does well unless we run into them. Grainger has beaten "that other team" from McMinn County. I'd like to see how they'd do against THE team from McMinn County. Good luck against CAK. They have a girl from this area who is heck of a player but tore her ACL earlier in the season. Just a freshman. You'll probably be seeing her more than you want to in the coming years.

Nothing to show for it? Undefeated until Wednesday night! Ranked #1 in the STATE for weeks! Nothing to show! Arrogant bunch of "windbags"! Please, keep passing on through and don't stop! I believe it was a couple of Elizabetsyton windbags who started the ragging on Grainger earlier in the discussion. I think it's funny that so many of you keep saying in one post that it was only one game, and then turn right around and start touting all your past accomplishments. Sounds more like bragging and arrogance than anything else. I'll be pulling for Alcoa and Grainger tonight over here on the north side of the mountain. Since Grainger beat us we know what they can do. Betsy got lucky Wednesday night...lucky! Yes they outplayed Grainger, but my money says it won't happen again this season. Go Grainger and Goooooooo Alcoa!

Edited by agitator53

Nothing to show for it? Undefeated until Wednesday night! Ranked #1 in the STATE for weeks! Nothing to show! Arrogant bunch of "windbags"! Please, keep passing on through and don't stop! I believe it was a couple of Elizabetsyton windbags who started the ragging on Grainger earlier in the discussion. I think it's funny that so many of you keep saying in one post that it was only one game, and then turn right around and start touting all your past accomplishments. Sounds more like bragging and arrogance than anything else. I'll be pulling for Alcoa and Grainger tonight over here on the north side of the mountain. Since Grainger beat us we know what they can do. Betsy got lucky Wednesday night...lucky! Yes they outplayed Grainger, but my money says it won't happen again this season. Go Grainger and Goooooooo Alcoa!

I'm pretty sure Cody is from closer to the Grainger and Alcoa area - I believe he stated so in another post on one of these discussions. You sure are a very unhappy person. Makes me feel sorry for you. But I promise you I nor anyone else is really concerned with who you pull for tonight or any other time. Win or lose, we are very proud of our girls and what they have accomplished. I'm sure the Grainger fans feel the same about their girls and they have every reason to be proud. Best of luck to whatever team it is that is unfortunate enough to have you supporting them - so much negativity......

I will have to agree with you 100%, but discussions like this one are NEVER one-sided. It takes two for an argument, so here's hoping the Elizabethton and Grainger posters/fans will follow your excellent advice. Guilty as charged, but, most doors I've seen swing both ways and not just one. I'll join you on the "high road" and clean it up a bit on my part. I won't even go back to the first posts and see who started the heckling and got all this started. Good luck tonight Lady Grizzlies....WIN BIG! Good luck tonight Lady Cyclones...WIN BIG! I do so hope we get to meet next Saturday night down in Murphy Center.

You're absolutely right the problem is fans from both sides and some "agitators" who have nothing to do with either team - I couldn't agree more. And I agree on both teams winning and meeting again - would make for an exciting championship game and an awesome and very deserving 1st and 2nd place team....but let's just get there first - one game at a time....