Alcoa at Elizabethton Winner goes to State

CyclonePrider

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Lady Cyclones can bring the same intensity and execution on Saturday as they did last night. Betsy got the better of Alcoa early in the season at Elizabethton. That was a long time ago and I'm sure both teams are better now. We'll find out which packs the biggest punch on Saturday, a Cyclone or a Tornado...

Both are big winds! Sorry etownsparky....I just had to. Couldn't pass that opportunity up. Good luck to all tomorrow night!

If the cyclones play and shoot the ball like they did against Grainger they should win the game.I know we beat them in November by 21 but these teams are different now and I believe it will be a good game because we all know when you make it this far all the teams are good.Go Cyclones

Edited by lawnman

Home cooking has always helped Eliz. How many state games they won away from home?

Things must be pretty slow over in Unicoi Co. This idea that Elizabethton somehow gets preference from the refs is ridiculous. Everyone knows the refs for Regionals and beyond come from out-of-region parts of the state. As for the number of state games won away from home, I would have to say "probably more than your team." BTW, when's the last time your team has been to state?

Sparky I dont think Buki is a Blue Devil fan. Our fans know that Regional and Sectional refs come from outside Regions (3 or 4), and are "supposed" to be the better refs from their area.

As you know, I dont care for your coach, but I will be pulling for your team tonight. If Eliz does not come in too overconfident, they should take care of business against Alcoa. Alcoa is capable of keeping it close though.

Sparky I dont think Buki is a Blue Devil fan. Our fans know that Regional and Sectional refs come from outside Regions (3 or 4), and are "supposed" to be the better refs from their area.

As you know, I dont care for your coach, but I will be pulling for your team tonight. If Eliz does not come in too overconfident, they should take care of business against Alcoa. Alcoa is capable of keeping it close though.

Sparky has to blame everything on Unicoi County.I've lived around Eliz. all my life and I know how they operate. They have always been so jealous of Unicoi County in basketball and softball they had to resort to recruiting to beat them. You know that is why they have boundries is to stop the teams from recruiting. If Eliz. is going to play off of all of Carter County then they should move up in classification. But they can't because they know they can't compete with the larger schools. So they just play their one middle school and stress to the kids how much better off they will be if they keep their team together through high school. I know I've been through it with them and I've heard every excuse in the world not to break up their middle school and aau teams.So there sparky deny that.