2013 Summer Wrestling Camps

wrestlingelite

southern champions @ houston in mid-june is noted in an earlier post in this forum.

I've heard Arlington will be doing their camps for beginners and experienced wrestlers.

Not sure about Eagles, or Agoge.

I think we're all anxious to hear more about the resident camp full of super stars (Jordan, Pat, and Dan). Wasnt EWA working with the Memphis Sports Council and Christian Brother to put this together?

There was no "mess" to pick up. My recollection is that EWA was one of a few parties from different clubs trying to find an adequate venue for the top 100 in Shelby County. Not fair to single EWA out nor is it fair to imply they left anyone with a bad situation. Circumstances being what they were, things just fell through.

With respect to the camp, more power to them for being ambitious.

NAINTEN- It's always good to have a secure location in mind AND at least 1-2 back-up locations in your pocket when you come to the table.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to remember it next time I come to the table. WE, you seem to carry definite opinions about EWA (and JS). I don't care to sway you one way or another. I am simply stating that they did not drop the ball or create a mess for anyone to pick up as it relates to the top 100 tournament. It's not like anyone was depending on EWA to bring the tournament to Memphis. Again they were one group, among others, who were looking to possibly take the lead on it by securing a venue. They didn't, but neither did the other folks who were trying to do likewise. Only when it was clear that no one could secure a venue did Arlington step up to the plate.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• And can you tell me who those two quarterbacks were, and every kid that was put into college from Bearden is a Bearden kid? It’s kind of why they graduated from Bearden.   and I would definitely not consider ETSU “waste”…
    • Most of this is complete gibberish. But the one part I could decipher is putting kids in college. This coaching staff hasn’t put a single Bearden kid in college. They completed wasted one of the best WRs in East TN and have ruined two talented QBs. All because they’re in over their heads. 
    • Well, I’d hope the new coaching staff thinks they are all that because they can always walk around the school, anytime they want, thinking that, especially for what they’ve done for the student athletes and the players, putting more kids in college in his first season than the old coaching staff did in numerous years combined, but we will just sweep over that because I know you don’t like facts. But trust me, nobody wanted Mr. Big britches, made the star player switch to quarterback, which is ultimately the reason he ended up transferring to play the position. He loved, but unfortunately, had to be at another school because Mr. Big Britches doesn’t like when a teenager knows more than him, but can’t expect much coming from a guy who used all class throwing pencils up into the ceiling and making fun of football kids who were failing class right to their face, and in front of numerous students, even projecting on the board most of the time.
    • After that first paragraph, I can see why you’re a TA and not a teacher. Have you made the move from South Knoxville to Bearden yet?    Maybe he left because he is an actual teacher and coach, and didn’t want to be associated with a group of foul mouthed middle school coaches who like to pretend they’re big time. 
    • Yeah and the coach is gone. Whole bizarre situation here. We played them a couple of times at MTSU last few years. She was a player for sure.