2013 Summer Wrestling Camps

wrestlingelite

southern champions @ houston in mid-june is noted in an earlier post in this forum.

I've heard Arlington will be doing their camps for beginners and experienced wrestlers.

Not sure about Eagles, or Agoge.

I think we're all anxious to hear more about the resident camp full of super stars (Jordan, Pat, and Dan). Wasnt EWA working with the Memphis Sports Council and Christian Brother to put this together?

There was no "mess" to pick up. My recollection is that EWA was one of a few parties from different clubs trying to find an adequate venue for the top 100 in Shelby County. Not fair to single EWA out nor is it fair to imply they left anyone with a bad situation. Circumstances being what they were, things just fell through.

With respect to the camp, more power to them for being ambitious.

NAINTEN- It's always good to have a secure location in mind AND at least 1-2 back-up locations in your pocket when you come to the table.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to remember it next time I come to the table. WE, you seem to carry definite opinions about EWA (and JS). I don't care to sway you one way or another. I am simply stating that they did not drop the ball or create a mess for anyone to pick up as it relates to the top 100 tournament. It's not like anyone was depending on EWA to bring the tournament to Memphis. Again they were one group, among others, who were looking to possibly take the lead on it by securing a venue. They didn't, but neither did the other folks who were trying to do likewise. Only when it was clear that no one could secure a venue did Arlington step up to the plate.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• And yes, in 2010 Clary/Scott Monger got into it with a R’dale fan. Well, mostly Monger lol. I think the fan took a swing at him. It’s funny as all get out listening to it on the replay. Scott told the guy to sit his a** down. Lol. That wasn’t the only time SM got into it with an opposing team. Seems like he got into it with someone at William Blount one year. He was an OG lol
    • Nope, they knew lol. He was just one tough hombre. Played right up to near the end of the Powell game like that and we almost won. I think they beat us, 21-17. Was a valiant effort on his part though.
    • No, that was in 2010. We played them in the quarterfinals in ‘11 the year I’m talking about, but we got hammered 35-14. 2010 was a fun year though. Played Maryville in the semis and gave them a really tough game for the majority of that game, but their depth eventually wore OR down, 38-21. Bradley had a few awesome runs in that game. He was a stud. Nothing fancy, but like I said, a mini Tebow. Would keep that read option up the middle and pound that tater in there. He was hard to bring down. Probably went for 195 lbs, if that.
    • Gibson County will be good next year as well. The five girls that didn't start last year are all solid and we have Micah Hart's sister coming up this year. We  will be very competitive especially late in the year. May lose some this summer getting girls reps and trying to figure things out but we are going to be good. 
    • Dyersburg will be really good for a while. Their JV is loaded as well. South Gibson ought to be much better with four really good players coming up from an undefeated  Jr. High Team. Also will have 3 players back from knee injuries last year. They will be a handful especially late. Dyersburg District right there with the Upperman District with quality teams.