Cutting weight at 50lbs. Really Murfreesboro Elite?

knuckles1975

Salter,

First of all, thank you for all the sacrifices you have made and time you have given to our state! You sir deserve the Congressional Medal of Honor! Really??? You jackwagon!

You come on here as a representative of TN AAU and act like a thug running off your mouth about ALL you have done to better the state, well guess what man, there are tons of others who are working their butts off just like you behind the scenes that take away time from their families and teams for the betterment of the state. I'm sorry, but you are not the state savior! You created the Top 100, well big deal. I never thought it was the best idea anyway, but great job, kudos to you. And you introduced the paperless system to TN? HAHAHAHAHAAA You may have suggested that we use it in the one state tournament (and it was not good). Others in the state have been running a paperless system far longer than when you "introduced it to TN." I guess you & Al Gore must have also invented the Internet?? You are the reason we were slow to transition to track because your love for the paperless tourny. Just because you send out an email with selection criteria doesn't mean you have reinvented the wheel.

Thank you for finally quitting. Have fun coaching your team. Stay in your corner and thank god we don't have to listen to your mouth on the pa any longer.

I hope the state can survive without you. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your feedback truthsquad. Glad to see you are still alive. None of us ever saw you at Memphis; I guess you were sick from the Deer Stew in Pigeon Forge.

I am not a representative of AAU. Nor did I ever claim to be the savior of wrestling. I am the farthest thing from it. I only claimed that I am tired of people like you who get on here and bash the volunteers who step up trying to better wrestling for the state.

Lastly, I guess you are confusing me with Satterfield. Last month you were complaining about him on the PA and now it’s me you don’t like on the PA. Truthsquad, you are a joke. As long as you hide behind your screen name nobody will ever take you seriously. However, your complex is starting to show trough on your posts and I am pretty sure we know who you are.

billthebutcher, I mean truthsquad, you're back... I will be the first to admit that I have disagreed with Salter on a number of things but he has never hide behind an internet identity spouting off garbage. Rather has continued to volunteer his time for our great sport. That of course is something I cannot say regarding you. I was more than available for conversing with you at the Arlington Top 100 Tournament, so that you could share your ideas of how we can better AAU Wrestling in Tennessee. Large in part because all you want to do is bash those giving of their time on a message board. Unfortunately, you chose not to show. I will give you the benefit of the doubt given it snowed that weekend somewhere in the state and invite you to share your ideas once again Sunday during the duals... All you have to do is find YOUTHCOACH16, he will point you in my direction.

That hurts me that you would say we disagreed on a number of things. I would like to think that we agreed to think each other was wrong. I know there is one thing we do agree on; what an idiot the so call “truthsqud†is.

John, thanks for stepping up as always. Now you see what I have had to deal with all these years trying to put together the state team. The multiple age groups on one team really confuses people. I had an hour long argument with a tot parent about why his undefeated very large tot more than likely would not make the team over a very small junior . It was totally escaping his grasp that the novice was almost 5 years older and his tot would probably get hurt in a challenge match.

Maybe a k-5 all star team isn't a very good idea. Have we ever had a kindergarten age kid beat out a 5th grader at any weight? Maybe team tennesse should be labeled grades 3-5. That might help with the confusion

Thanks for your feedback truthsquad. Glad to see you are still alive. None of us ever saw you at Memphis; I guess you were sick from the Deer Stew in Pigeon Forge.

I am not a representative of AAU. Nor did I ever claim to be the savior of wrestling. I am the farthest thing from it. I only claimed that I am tired of people like you who get on here and bash the volunteers who step up trying to better wrestling for the state.

Lastly, I guess you are confusing me with Satterfield. Last month you were complaining about him on the PA and now it’s me you don’t like on the PA. Truthsquad, you are a joke. As long as you hide behind your screen name nobody will ever take you seriously. However, your complex is starting to show trough on your posts and I am pretty sure we know who you are.

Why do my posts get you so fired up? Hmmmm TRUTH hurts?

My name is Shaner Gobbell and I am the father of the wildcat wrestler that this thread pertains to. Those who are aware of the situation obviously know what went on and how the events played out. Salter, I did not start this thread and have not even mentioned the situation to anyone except our Club coaches and Don Barnett via ONE email, not "EMAILS" as you stated in a previous response. This whole situation is due to a communication breakdown regarding the rules for state dual qualifications. Our Club did not receive an email prior to the region 4 tournament outlining the rules for qualification. Thats unfortunate because if we had, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. I UNDERSTAND the rules but was not aware of them prior to 3/2/13.

Ok, with that being said,

Salter, who are you and what gives you the right to bash my character and my child's work ethic? I simply wanted a copy of the rules from TNAAU, not YOUR rules. I sent an email to Don Barnett presenting the situation and informed him of my thoughts and concerns. In no way did I bash you or question your character as a parent, coach or anything else. I don't know you enough to provide that type of information. I just got a brief glimpse of it by reading you response though. I do not have a problem now that I have a copy of the rules sent to my by our Club coach since he received them today. You stated that you have seen "EMAILS" that I have sent to AAU, no you have seen "ONE" as in singular EMAIL that I sent AAU. You stated I FLAT OUT LIED by when I stated in the email that we ask you to weigh the wrestlers right then. That is FLAT OUT FACT!!! I have multiple witnesses that can attest to that. You simply stated "We don't have time for that and you have to wrestle off today or you can not be a part of the dual team!" You also stated in the coaches meeting that "Region Champs would get to challenge" Once again FLAT OUT FACT!!! I personally don't care if my kid wrestles on the dual team or not. I am for the rules being consistent throughout all regions. I don't want to see other kids be taken advantage of either. As noted above, this is simply a communication breakdown in the rules process. Had we obtained the rules prior to the tournament then we wouldn't be conversing via a message board. The rules are the rules, we will move on. I'm sure you have done a lot with AAU. In your original response you stated that I only focus on my kid, which is not true. Do I have a open invitation from you to help with AAU because if so, sign me up. I would be glad to volunteer with AAU. Tell me how and what I need to do and I will do it. I have never been approached about volunteering. I also have never ran anyone out of any sport! I did not make the sport "WEAKER' either. You statements make you look like you are a little butt hurt over the situation! Why get so defensive if this is a non-issue? Your profile says your 32 years old, I believe its about time to act it! I have never visited this board and would never publicly present my concerns, that not how mature people conduct themselves.

Last and not least, If I ever feel the need to call someone a "WHINNEY #### PARENT", I will get up off my #### and go tell them myself and not hide behind my computer screen! I guess its unfortunate that you will not be working with AAU next year, don't let the door hit you in the #### on the way out. Have a good day! See you at State!

Why would we label it 3-5th? That's not what the national tournament is. It's hard to find a 40 lb 3rd grader. Usually we have kindergartner and 1st graders in the first few weights. Every now and then there will be an older kid who is small. We have some kids this year that if they make the team it will be their 6th time to be on it.

Maybe a k-5 all star team isn't a very good idea. Have we ever had a kindergarten age kid beat out a 5th grader at any weight? Maybe team tennesse should be labeled grades 3-5. That might help with the confusion

Rarely does a K wrestle a 5th grader. Usually, the weight classes match up within 2 years of age of the participants.

I urge all of you on here to please stop this type of discussion/banter on this public forum. It is accomplishing nothing and is not deserving of quality of men that I know some of you are. Discuss it in person. Make a phone call. Email each other.

I have known and worked with John Salter for many years. Most things we agree on and some we did not but we always could discuss it like men (not on public forums). He has done many things for the sport in his area and the state.

• Upvote 1

I do not have an email address for him nor a phone number. I agree that this did not have to be displayed on this board or any other board for that matter. I did not address this publicly but I will not sit back and let someone bash me in this manner. I didn't even know this board existed until someone brought it to my attention that Mr. Salter was posting about me on this board.

I do not have an email address for him nor a phone number. I agree that this did not have to be displayed on this board or any other board for that matter. I did not address this publicly but I will not sit back and let someone bash me in this manner. I didn't even know this board existed until someone brought it to my attention that Mr. Salter was posting about me on this board.

I understand shaner, what I suggested is that its time to end this discussion on here and get together in private and discuss this matter. It does not do any good for anyone involved or not involved to air this type of discussion on a public forum. john Salter's contact info is out there, just google his name and a wrestling flyer will come up with the info.

I sent you my phone number and email on FB. Feel free to email me or give me call. I have no issue discussing this with you. If not I will see you at state.

Gasp! Airing AAU dirty laundry on a message board. Why, the nerve!!! Please, please don't let the word get out that something is not perfect in the land of TN AAU.

You're right Darrell, lets keep it hush hush since Salter has now publicly showed his character.

I wish Coach T had a like button