Elizabethton cyclones

BigBama42

the one team i don't like in the tournament is a shocker, but its only cause i have watched them alot this year and that is CPA, they are the defending champs, but last year i had said they were going to win it and be tough, this year however, they are not hot going in and even though they have alot of their better players back, they have just been alot more vulnerable this year. lipscomb should have gotten in if not for that 4o foot buzzer shot by legate for cpa to send it to double OT where they pulled out the win. That does not mean that they can't get hot though, i am just saying that they seem alot different then last year and not in a good way.

I noticed Macon handled them easily in the Region. I have watched 13 AA all year and their are two good teams there. Covington is really good, but I can see them getting rattled due to not being there in a while. Westview has Boro experience and will be tough. I seen the tournament last year and have kept up with the rest of the state on the internet this year. I feel like the rest of the teams are good as well. Elizabethton is playing as good as anyone right now. Are they that good or is the competition not that good? Edited by pioneer42

I noticed Macon handled them easily in the Region. I have watched 13 AA all year and their are two good teams there. Covington is really good, but I can see them getting rattled due to not being there in a while. Westview has Boro experience and will be tough. I seen the tournament last year and have kept up with the rest of the state on the internet this year. I feel like the rest of the teams are good as well. Elizabethton is playing as good as anyone right now. Are they that good or is the competition not that good?

i think elizabethton is good because when i look at who they beat i see a couple of good teams there, although there is hardly anyone who has been as battled tested as westview (except for a few) i could see either team winning, but IF there was to be a blowout i would say it would be westview over elizabethton, although i don't think it will be a blowout. and with the earlier mentioned battle tested thing i can't see westview being blown out. Edited by knightsfan

hey pioneer42 you said you have been watching 13AA all year. so could you answer me this question please? i understand obion lost macy and all, but is covington and westview better than they were last year, or is it just obion is not as good as they were last year. (but are still good of course). because i watched 10AA all year and think CPA has lost their edge from last year even though their best players are still there.

<p>Obion for some reason just kinda was going through the motions this year. They are just not a well coached team. They are always as talented as anyone in the state, but always come up short. They don't play defense. Covington is the best man to man defensive team in 13 AA. They are an average three point shooting team, but are very good in the low post and create a lot of offense with their full court press. They have beat Westview three out of four, but all but one went to the wire and one of them Westview missed FT's to put it away. I just think Westview is more experienced for M'boro. Covington has been playing well, but I have seen them struggle shooting. But Dyersburg and Obion from 13 AA were very good teams. Westview put Obion out in the Region in OT. Westview is just a grind it out team. They play very well in the 2nd Half. They beat Obion in the District Tournament and was down by 11 at half and was down by as many as 14. They beat Obion in the Region and was down by 7 at half and was down by as many as 11. They seem to play better as the game goes on. But, talent wise Obion is as talented, but don't seem to leave it on the floor.

Edited by pioneer42

<p>Obion for some reason just kinda was going through the motions this year. They are just not a well coached team. They are always as talented as anyone in the state, but always come up short. They don't play defense. Covington is the best man to man defensive team in 13 AA. They are an average three point shooting team, but are very good in the low post and create a lot of offense with their full court press. They have beat Westview three out of four, but all but one went to the wire and one of them Westview missed FT's to put it away. I just think Westview is more experienced for M'boro. Covington has been playing well, but I have seen them struggle shooting. But Dyersburg and Obion from 13 AA were very good teams. Westview put Obion out in the Region in OT. Westview is just a grind it out team. They play very well in the 2nd Half. They beat Obion in the District Tournament and was down by 11 at half and was down by as many as 14. They beat Obion in the Region and was down by 7 at half and was down by as many as 11. They seem to play better as the game goes on. But, talent wise Obion is as talented, but don't seem to leave it on the floor.

Thank you for your help! right now the obion of last years state finals would have beaten this years CPA team by 10 to 15 points in my opinion so that is why I don't think they will go near as far as they did last year. and you view on westview is why i think they will beat elizabethton. and i can't remember if Macon has any tall girls ( i want to say no, but unsure) so if not then i would have to give covington the edge although i personally want macon to win. and i feel CPA is just going through the motions too, at least until the game against page Edited by knightsfan

Thank you for your help! right now the obion of last years state finals would have beaten this years CPA team by 10 to 15 points in my opinion so that is why I don't think they will go near as far as they did last year. and you view on westview is why i think they will beat elizabethton. and i can't remember if Macon has any tall girls ( i want to say no, but unsure) so if not then i would have to give covington the edge although i personally want macon to win. and i feel CPA is just going through the motions too, at least until the game against page

So, basically you are saying CPA didn't lose that much but kinda underperformed like Obion. I thought before the season started hands down Obion would be back in the Boro probably running into CPA again. But, I haven't seen CPA play. I know that Macon beat them in the Region Finals. But I seen where they handled Paige, which was supposed to be pretty good. I consider all eight including CPA to put on their A game in M'boro. CPA really played well last year in a pretty tough bracket. They beat Manassas, LA and Obion. That was three pretty good teams. We will see. They might be the team to beat.

So, basically you are saying CPA didn't lose that much but kinda underperformed like Obion. I thought before the season started hands down Obion would be back in the Boro probably running into CPA again. But, I haven't seen CPA play. I know that Macon beat them in the Region Finals. But I seen where they handled Paige, which was supposed to be pretty good. I consider all eight including CPA to put on their A game in M'boro. CPA really played well last year in a pretty tough bracket. They beat Manassas, LA and Obion. That was three pretty good teams. We will see. They might be the team to beat.

naw they didn't really handle page they just got the lead in the 4th after trailing the rest of the game. in that game they showed toughness of the old (finally) but before then i had not seen it and watch macon because they have been here before too, and i think livingston is looking for revenge from last year. and unlike page (no offense) they are use to holding leads late in tournament situations. and remember last year CPA had won 20 straight coming into the bracket.I'm not the only one around here thinking this either. others around here say they have noticed CPA is not as good this year and thinks that they will get beat. now its just 1 straight and they got lucky to even get here (should have been put out by macon in semis instead of lipscomb) but i give them credit. they have gotten their way back here no matter the situation. this tournament sure looks fun though! :popcorneater::D Edited by knightsfan