Forums

jboro

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it when I post a new discussion it gets deleted?

As moderator I have that 'power'.

Your last two posts do absolutely nothing to promote or support high school baseball in the state of Tennessee.

They were the rants of a parent/fan/player/??? who typically make comments of those sorts for one of three reasons;

1) Playing time

2) Playing time

3) Playing time

I have been involved with high school baseball in Tennessee since 1996 and I can tell everyone that high baseball coaches in Tennessee are not only great coaches but great men (and some women), who do a lot of things that most parents/fans never see or even know about, much less acknowledge.

Let's keep these forums about who won what game, who pitched well, who is getting looks from colleges, and other INFORMATION about high school baseball.

That is not the case here. I understand where you think it could be, but I stated facts.

So it’s fine to come on here argue about stealing signals or Blasting umpires, who I’m sure are all good men as well. I talked about Coaching ability

I’m stating facts. We’ll agree to disagree on this one, because you don’t know the facts. I didn’t mention anyone. I didn’t ask for anyone to agree, just a way to vent.

Many opinions on the way things are

That is not the case here. I understand where you think it could be, but I stated facts.

So it’s fine to come on here argue about stealing signals or Blasting umpires, who I’m sure are all good men as well. I talked about Coaching ability

I’m stating facts. We’ll agree to disagree on this one, because you don’t know the facts. I didn’t mention anyone. I didn’t ask for anyone to agree, just a way to vent.

Facts include two things:

The NAME of the person stating them.

The NAME of the person they concern.

You do not offer either.

If you had offered YOUR name others would know how much weight those facts carry.

If you had offered the coach's name then others would know how true those facts are.

I know a lot of coaches, from Unaka to Memphis, from Clarksville to Huntsville, Alabama, and points in between and

far away. If you had mentioned a coach I know I could have then rebutted your 'facts'.

I have been known to comment about umpiring here :) Even naming games/teams/the umpires. They know me. I use my name. I also talk to them about the comments I make. Stealing signs is as old as the game itself.

Ripping a coach is not venting. Umpires kick calls. Kids boot 6-3's. Sometimes hitters strike out. Questioning a coaching decision could be venting. I question my coach's decisions sometimes. My last two coaches and I have had many discussions over to bunt or not bunt :) Baseball is like The Bible, no two people read it exactly the same way - that is what makes it great.

I have been known to comment about umpiring here :) Even naming games/teams/the umpires. They know me. I use my name. I also talk to them about the comments I make. Stealing signs is as old as the game itself.

Ripping a coach is not venting. Umpires kick calls. Kids boot 6-3's. Sometimes hitters strike out. Questioning a coaching decision could be venting. I question my coach's decisions sometimes. My last two coaches and I have had many discussions over to bunt or not bunt :) Baseball is like The Bible, no two people read it exactly the same way - that is what makes it great.

You’re right maybe I shouldn’t have come on here and complained about a coach. As I said, I understand where you could think it may be about playing time, but it’s not. It’s about more than that. I’ve been around baseball many years as a coach and parent, I still coach today. I know coaches have a tough job.

I look at the way these young men have been handled, that’s what the original post was all about. These are young men that are willing to give up the greatest game of all …Baseball, because it’s not fun to them anymore.

I don’t name names because in the end, these young men will be hurt, not me or anyone else. It could all be taken out on them. They have enough to worry about. I apologize if I came across the wrong way, but I’m compassionate about the game and the way it should be taught.

Thanks David for your reply. I'm friends with many high school coaches. Most parents have know idea what these men put up with to coach high school baseball from parents and boosters. They do it for the love of the game and to help promote their players. I often think how much better this game of high school baseball would be if the coaches could coach without the distractions that parents and boosters cause. Let the coaches coach, the players play, and parents support the teams where we can enjoy this great game.

Just my thoughts!

Thanks David for your reply. I'm friends with many high school coaches. Most parents have know idea what these men put up with to coach high school baseball from parents and boosters. They do it for the love of the game and to help promote their players. I often think how much better this game of high school baseball would be if the coaches could coach without the distractions that parents and boosters cause. Let the coaches coach, the players play, and parents support the teams where we can enjoy this great game.

Just my thoughts!

thank You 'T' Town guy! Speaking of umpires I know, how is Binns doing? I have not heard?

Edited by davidlimbaugh