Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

Trousdale Superintendent Satterfield informed Goodpasture yesterday that they will not be playing them in any sport but football. How cowardly of an act is this? It is not like Goodpasture is a CPA or Ensworth type school. Plus the fact that Trousdale has no issues playing smaller DII schools they think they might be able to hammer. This is a pathetic and weak showing by a community that prides itself on its athletics.

They are sore because FC got out of DI and they thought they had it made. TC doesn't really compete in anything but football. It is their god. I'm a little surprised if they care about whether they get beat in the "minor" sports. Just let Goodpasture beat them in football and you'll hear cries of cheating that make FC look like they were perfect. If you can't beat them, accuse them of cheating. Welcome to District 8A. Oh by the way, be sure you buy food from the concession stands in Gainesboro. Apparently, as we learned, it is a sin to bring your own food.

Trousdale Superintendent Satterfield informed Goodpasture yesterday that they will not be playing them in any sport but football. How cowardly of an act is this? It is not like Goodpasture is a CPA or Ensworth type school. Plus the fact that Trousdale has no issues playing smaller DII schools they think they might be able to hammer. This is a pathetic and weak showing by a community that prides itself on its athletics.

Thank God if this is true, because I really wouldn't want to drive all the way to Trousdale county for them not to give us a game. But I am pretty sure that they would still have to compete in the district tourney. But if he really dont want to play better competition his program will never get better.

Trousdale County should play all 8A opponents in all sports in which they participate, if Mr. Satterfield has made that call, then he has made a very poor and shortsighted decision in my opinion.

As for GeorgeBailey's comment about Jackson County and concession stands, no one in the Jackson County softball program has told you or any other school that they could not bring their own food.

It's awful hard for a school that gets 350 non discriminite kids from all poverty levels in a county with a population of 7000, to compete with a school of 300 handpicked little league all star athletes...and pulling from several counties with a population of about 100,000 - 150,000.

I guess that's Clint's way of giving GP and TSSAA the bird. I hope ya'll choke on it... :popcorneater:

It's awful hard for a school that gets 350 non discriminite kids from all poverty levels in a county with a population of 7000, to compete with a school of 300 handpicked little league all star athletes...and pulling from several counties with a population of about 100,000 - 150,000.

I guess that's Clint's way of giving GP and TSSAA the bird. I hope ya'll choke on it... :popcorneater:

Hand picked? Our softball team had 12 players last year two of which that started never really played softball at all. This year we have a whopping 15 players from that 100,000 to 150,000 you speak of and 5 are 8th graders with three 8th graders starting. I think you should know your facts before you speak. These girls work hard and get better because they are well coached I assume just like your football team does right??? So is finger to the TSSAA just shows he don't wanna compete against good teams lets try to win against teams who are not very good. I hope we don't have to play you so we can actually play AAA teams like Beech and Riverdale so we can get better and add another banner up there on our fence that says Class A state champs! See we welcome the better competition because we wanna get better regardless if we get beat we still get better. So Slimshady stick with the thug rap music and we will try to stick to winning state championships!

Hand picked? Our softball team had 12 players last year two of which that started never really played softball at all. This year we have a whopping 15 players from that 100,000 to 150,000 you speak of and 5 are 8th graders with three 8th graders starting. I think you should know your facts before you speak. These girls work hard and get better because they are well coached I assume just like your football team does right??? So is finger to the TSSAA just shows he don't wanna compete against good teams lets try to win against teams who are not very good. I hope we don't have to play you so we can actually play AAA teams like Beech and Riverdale so we can get better and add another banner up there on our fence that says Class A state champs! See we welcome the better competition because we wanna get better regardless if we get beat we still get better. So Slimshady stick with the thug rap music and we will try to stick to winning state championships!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but there is a huge difference between softball players in private schools that have parents from multiple counties that can afford private lessons for their daughters and parents from the smallest county in Tennessee that have very limited resources to provide the same for their daughters. Just saying.............

You say that like we've never won any...we'll see ya'll on the football field...ya'll can have the rest.

PS...ya'll should be thankful he informed ya'll...i would have let you show up in those fancy buses and then shut it down. :roflolk:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but there is a huge difference between softball players in private schools that have parents from multiple counties that can afford private lessons for their daughters and parents from the smallest county in Tennessee that have very limited resources to provide the same for their daughters. Just saying.............

If you only knew the sacrifices that I make and half the parents on that softball team make to put our children in this school you wouldn't make that statement. Softball is a blue collar sport and there is alot we have to give up so they can go to school here. I thought this post was about not wanting to play us because we recruit and it's not fair. Now it's we our rich and and have all the money to give them such quality lessons. Hitting lessons 25 for half hour it's pretty much the same in rich ole Nashville as the sticks. I could care less if we played the richest school or the poorest. We just wanna play good competition every year to get better win or lose. I just don't understand why you wouldn't wanna play better competition?? I mean I am a rich Cheatham co graduate and when I played football I loved when we got to play Brentwood academy and Goodpasture, oh and by the way we beat Goodpasture and it was awesome for a public school team to beat a power house but we would never back down because of better competition. I guess it's not about the underdog any more, but on any given day any team can be beat!!

If you only knew the sacrifices that I make and half the parents on that softball team make to put our children in this school you wouldn't make that statement. Softball is a blue collar sport and there is alot we have to give up so they can go to school here. I thought this post was about not wanting to play us because we recruit and it's not fair. Now it's we our rich and and have all the money to give them such quality lessons. Hitting lessons 25 for half hour it's pretty much the same in rich ole Nashville as the sticks. I could care less if we played the richest school or the poorest. We just wanna play good competition every year to get better win or lose. I just don't understand why you wouldn't wanna play better competition?? I mean I am a rich Cheatham co graduate and when I played football I loved when we got to play Brentwood academy and Goodpasture, oh and by the way we beat Goodpasture and it was awesome for a public school team to beat a power house but we would never back down because of better competition. I guess it's not about the underdog any more, but on any given day any team can be beat!!

I made those sacrifices for 25 years between sending two daughters to private schools. I am by no means rich but sent them to hitting and pitching lessons for years on top of this. I stand by my post. Trousdale is the smallest county in Tennesse and almost none of these parents can afford private lessons with their very limited resources. Maybe you can't see the difference but I can.

I made those sacrifices for 25 years between sending two daughters to private schools. I am by no means rich but sent them to hitting and pitching lessons for years on top of this. I stand by my post. Trousdale is the smallest county in Tennesse and almost none of these parents can afford private lessons with their very limited resources. Maybe you can't see the difference but I can.

Not disputing that its a small school but why not play better competition?? East Robertson is a very small 1A school but they will play anyone and it makes them better. Just don't understand the play you in this sport but no others??? Can you explain this??

You don't think Goodpastor backed away from competition when THEY CHOSE to move DOWN!!

Maybe you should re-evaluate that school...sounds like your against that kinda stuff. :popcorneater: