Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

I just wish you could of came to our first practices at the beginning of last year and this year and you would of said no way this team wins the district much less gets to state. I love each and every girl on this team but we drop way off after our first 5 just like other teams but because those young girls who actually I promise couldnt catch a routine fly ball or hit a cut off played good competition they get better and it helps later in the season. I also coach travel ball for a very well known team here in TN. So I get the differce between the schools but play the teams in your district regardless who knows David may slay that Giant and what a feeling that would be!!

I think if I were a parent in a county where my superintendent had such little confidence in any sport other than the all-mighty-football, I would think about electing another superintendent or moving to a county with better opportunities. How sad to think if your kid can't compete for a place on the football team they will only get nominal support by the administration.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

I just wish you could of came to our first practices at the beginning of last year and this year and you would of said no way this team wins the district much less gets to state. I love each and every girl on this team but we drop way off after our first 5 just like other teams but because those young girls who actually I promise couldnt catch a routine fly ball or hit a cut off played good competition they get better and it helps later in the season. I also coach travel ball for a very well known team here in TN. So I get the differce between the schools but play the teams in your district regardless who knows David may slay that Giant and what a feeling that would be!!

Trousdale drops way off after number 1. No comparison. I know about your travel team. Small county schools should not be made to play private schools that recruit and offere free tuition. You don't want to take this any farther on a public forum. I know a girl on the softball team that did not pay tuition last year. Leave it at that.

Edited by Ace1

Right... what is it 16000 a year for 2 kids...my kids can pray when they get home...as far as academics TC is rank VERY high in the state and has won numerous academic achievement awards in the last several years...

YOURS AND 90% of all other parents chose that school because of the Athletics...i personally know two families with kids @ GP...who are there because the parents had issues with coaches at there public schools...i do not blame any parent or kid for wanting to put there kid in an environment where they will have better coaching and better exposure to college recruiting...i blame T$$AA for letting them compete for championships with publics and for calling themselves christian schools when in fact they are just sports academies...and the GP administration for "playing down".

:popcorneater:

Okay I tried to be logical with you but you are out of touch with reality and yes it's about 16,000.00 a year for my two kids and on a public service salary I manage to get it done. So don't act like it takes someone rich to do it. It's called sacrifice and giving up alot so they can have opportunities I didn't. Academic wise my daughter who is a junior when she graduates will actually be in her sophomore year in college due to the dual enrollment classes she can graduate and have her freshman classes finished. Not to mention the teacher to student ratio in each class, and as far as the athletics my daughter earned her athletic scholar ship playing travel in the summer. I do admit its nice playing for such a great coach at GP and a team with such tradition. I guess to each their own but for me and my family we choose GP for the total package. If this is what it is like before we even play then I thank Satterfield for his decision because I would hate to see how you act at a real game. Maybe your other sports should join a local rec league so you are happy!!!

Trousdale drops way off after number 1. No comparison. I know about your travel team. Small county schools should not be made to play private schools that recruit and offere free tuition. You don't want to take this any farther on a public forum. I know a girl on the softball team that did not pay tuition last year. Leave it at that.

Well I can't leave it at that, because if that's the case there is about 14 other parents who would like in on this free tuition, and if its out there and free how come we don't field this dominant team that everyone speaks of??? I agree we are prob way better than Trousdale Co at softball but don't think we can't be beat just ask Sycamore High school. I always hear of this phantom player who gets free tuition but nobody ever comes up with a name and I ask parents and admins about its availability and its definitely not there in softball and if it is come out with it please so I can make it across the board for every player because that would be a easy law suit to win!!!

I think if I were a parent in a county where my superintendent had such little confidence in any sport other than the all-mighty-football, I would think about electing another superintendent or moving to a county with better opportunities. How sad to think if your kid can't compete for a place on the football team they will only get nominal support by the administration.

Its a size thing...we don't have the population to support a competitive youth league like say...Mt Juliet or some of the other places ya'll recruit your 6th graders...

we are lucky to get enough kids to have 5 teams in any youth sport...

except in football...

we don't have enuff to support even 2 teams like say... Macon Co.

So we pool them and have a travel team that plays maybe 7 or 8 games a year.

GP had 65 kids on there Football team last year...you know the last time TC had 65 on a team...never!!

35 if we are lucky. RBS has less than that...Hows that for stepping down...guess we all know who the real COWARDS are!!! :popcorneater: Go Cowardugers...

I think your on the wrong message board this is spring sports softball, not fall sports football. Anyhow I get it you think we cheat and we need to join the cheaters league, but then when public schools started winning championships again at sports like with Trousdale Co football they all wanna play again. This issue is always going to be disagreed on. You think coach Satterfield would not want to know who is the best football team in the state regardless of private or public, because with the segregation of public and private you would never know who was really the best 1A team. I just don't understand your logic we will play you in football but nothing else why is that?? If you have good explanation to why it's ok for football but nothing else I will shut up and say sorry your right, but if its just about not being as good well that's life. If you were AD would you really on play a school at one sport because that's the only thing your school is great at??

I think your on the wrong message board this is spring sports softball, not fall sports football. Anyhow I get it you think we cheat and we need to join the cheaters league, but then when public schools started winning championships again at sports like with Trousdale Co football they all wanna play again. This issue is always going to be disagreed on. You think coach Satterfield would not want to know who is the best football team in the state regardless of private or public, because with the segregation of public and private you would never know who was really the best 1A team. I just don't understand your logic we will play you in football but nothing else why is that?? If you have good explanation to why it's ok for football but nothing else I will shut up and say sorry your right, but if its just about not being as good well that's life. If you were AD would you really on play a school at one sport because that's the only thing your school is great at??

90% of our sports budget for all sports comes from Football...we support it so well because it pays the bills.

And football is a little different sport than the rest...a big ugly strong dumb kid could be an impact player....baseball, softball, volleyball, etc...takes more skill...our town of 7000 can't seem to get enough of these skilled kids to compete with schools that are set up specifically for sports like GP.

But we do hold our own against other publics our size and larger. After ya'll see how bad we are...you'll be glad we didn't play.

Edited by slimshady

You know where you can put your lawsuits. Its called a hardship. Enough said. Don't push it. I won't reveal it here but will turn it in to the TSSAA if pushed.

Well I can't leave it at that, because if that's the case there is about 14 other parents who would like in on this free tuition, and if its out there and free how come we don't field this dominant team that everyone speaks of??? I agree we are prob way better than Trousdale Co at softball but don't think we can't be beat just ask Sycamore High school. I always hear of this phantom player who gets free tuition but nobody ever comes up with a name and I ask parents and admins about its availability and its definitely not there in softball and if it is come out with it please so I can make it across the board for every player because that would be a easy law suit to win!!!

Its a size thing...we don't have the population to support a competitive youth league like say...Mt Juliet or some of the other places ya'll recruit your 6th graders...

we are lucky to get enough kids to have 5 teams in any youth sport...

except in football...

we don't have enuff to support even 2 teams like say... Macon Co.

So we pool them and have a travel team that plays maybe 7 or 8 games a year.

You're full of it Slim. You play AA football not A. It's not a size thing. It's a total disrespect for your kids. Your Superintendent could not care less about other sports. You need more players for your football than any other sport. You just don't care about the "minor" sports. And last I checked there were no girls on your football team. Girls play softball, Slim. Pretty sure you have enough to field a softball team...and Basketball and volleyball, etc. And everyone from GP can forget logic from Slim and his kind (like JustinCase). There is none. TC recruits football players and has been successful at it over the years.

You're full of it Slim. You play AA football not A. It's not a size thing. It's a total disrespect for your kids. Your Superintendent could not care less about other sports. You need more players for your football than any other sport. You just don't care about the "minor" sports. And last I checked there were no girls on your football team. Girls play softball, Slim. Pretty sure you have enough to field a softball team...and Basketball and volleyball, etc. And everyone from GP can forget logic from Slim and his kind (like JustinCase). There is none. TC recruits football players and has been successful at it over the years.

A = 1A and 2A -AA=3A and 4A AAA = 5A and 6A....Now tell me again we play AA Football...our Football team has less than 35 players on an average year, yes occassionally we get a transfer from Sumner County...but its not us begging him to come, its usually a player that doesn't make the cut at the bigger schools. Parents get mad, decide to relocate...happens about 5 times every 10 years.Been happening since 1920's.

Unlike you privates who hang out at the Little League parks recruiting parents of the all-stars.