Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

Well, not in basketball. And softball was pretty close to 500. The scores don't all seem to have been posted. But you probably only went 500 in the district, too. I know FC and Gordonsville beat you twice. Not sure about Watertown. I'm sure you beat RBS.

Is Friendship Christian still in the hunt for a State Championship? Did they beat Trousdale County or is Trousdale moving on?

Is Friendship Christian still in the hunt for a State Championship? Did they beat Trousdale County or is Trousdale moving on?

I'm guessing you know the answer. But give credit where it's due. TC beat FC 2-1. They played very well. It was the best season we've had in a while, but ended much too soon. Congratulations to the Lady Jackets on a big win.

I'm guessing you know the answer. But give credit where it's due. TC beat FC 2-1. They played very well. It was the best season we've had in a while, but ended much too soon. Congratulations to the Lady Jackets on a big win.

I am a little suprised at the outcome. You never know what can happen on any given day. Both teams have some quality players but I would have figured Friendship had more of them.

The next year after alot of hard work and support those girls won every national title out there against the biggest names in the country. So dont say cant or too little or whatever. Its dont wont to.

Coach, if you have a teaching degree, and think you can get us there...come on down...i'm sure we have an opening...just know that our teacher pay is some of the lowest in the state...and well...you'll only have a hand full of athletic girls to pick from...i'm sure you would have us whooping GP in no time...i mean they're only a 9 time AA champion team, 6 time runner -up.

I am a little suprised at the outcome. You never know what can happen on any given day. Both teams have some quality players but I would have figured Friendship had more of them.

We were shocked. No thoughts of winning the state championship. But based on the season we were having I thought we could get to the state tourney. It actually proves my point. Don't sell your girls (or coaches) short. They can win (on any given day" given the chance. But telling them they "have no chance so we're just not going to play" is cowardly and embarrassing for the state. Clint is trying to push TSSAA to do something (get the privates out) he can't get them to do through normal, accepted channels. I really hurt for Cecelia and the other coach (sorry I don't remember her name). They are working hard getting these girls to improve every year.

We were shocked. No thoughts of winning the state championship. But based on the season we were having I thought we could get to the state tourney. It actually proves my point. Don't sell your girls (or coaches) short. They can win (on any given day" given the chance. But telling them they "have no chance so we're just not going to play" is cowardly and embarrassing for the state. Clint is trying to push TSSAA to do something (get the privates out) he can't get them to do through normal, accepted channels. I really hurt for Cecelia and the other coach (sorry I don't remember her name). They are working hard getting these girls to improve every year.

A little history reveals that the publics overwhelmingly voted the privates out in 2002...somehow they negotiated there way back in, with the multiplier....Now the with the new cant jump 2 football class rule the multiplier is null and void....why didn't we just say NO multiplier GET out!!

Quote:

"According to public school advocates, offering financial aid to student-athletes was at the heart of the original dispute in the mid-1990s. The year the split went into effect, 52 percent of TSSAA member schools supported a complete split of public-private schools. By 2002, five years later, that had risen to more than 70 percent.

In November of that year, school administrators voted overwhelmingly in support of Collinwood High's proposal to force the remaining 26 private schools out of Division I. Because of that vote, the two sides eventually compromised by implementing the 1.8 multiplier, which is the highest in the nation."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/oct/07/public-schools-wanting-full-split-TSSAA/

Edited by slimshady

One other question Shady. I understand you dont like private public competition. But, why havent you complained about Friendship Christian?

Ask that question to any of the uFCa faithful...i'm sure they are all tired of hearing me complain...fortunately they did the right thing and went D2 before they got caught. :roflolk:

uFCa has gotten very good the last few years but they ain't no GP...they only got half the recruited smart athletic kids GP got...

Edited by slimshady

the fact of the matter is this, Private and Public schools should NOT be competing against each other for championships in any sport plain and simple. Its fine if its a reg season affair but they just shouldn't be in the same category no matter what the numbers... If you don't agree Private schools have a huge advantage you're either delusional or dumb...probably a little of both

• Upvote 1

the fact of the matter is this, Private and Public schools should NOT be competing against each other for championships in any sport plain and simple. Its fine if its a reg season affair but they just shouldn't be in the same category no matter what the numbers... If you don't agree Private schools have a huge advantage you're either delusional or dumb...probably a little of both

How are "open-zoned" publics any different than privates if they can take kids from out-of-zone, even out-of-county, for tuition much much lower than any of the privates? In your view, should these schools play agains the privates or the publics for championships?