Friendship Christian on FIRE

VandyFan7

Friendship should cruise to Friday, the brackets were set up for them. ALL the other good teams are in the oposite bracket.

Friendship is in the easier bracket for sure but it doesn't matter in the end. You gotta beat the other best team (whomever it may be in the end.) I think Scotts Hill is right on par to give a really strong challenge to them. I think FC is probably the 4th or 5th best team left in, behind Siverdale, D C , Summertown and maybe Scotts Hill. The FC vs Scotts Hill will be probably one of the most competitive games, Scotts Hill has no standout pitchers but they are hard to score on they don't make many errors. F C will have to have top notch hitting and base running to beat them. You need HR hitters to beat SH. Edited by dcriverrat

We don't have top notch hitting. We have above average hitting and very good pitching. We have some speed also. This years pitching is the second best friendship has ever had behind the 07 team that won state. Nobody will throw harder than 90, and only one will occasionally hit 90. They know how to throw though so hopefully we do well

If Scott's hill is no good then riverside isn't either right?

That's right, we're not any good...lol, Scotts Hill has to manufacture runs, their hits are bloops over the infield and bunts. They are very good at what they do but once you figure out how to defend that, you can shut them down (regional champioship 11-1). Just look at the records in each bracket, should be FCA on Friday. Teams in our bracket are 111-20, the other bracket 81-44, take FCA out and they're 52-38, that says it all!

I agree we got a good draw but I also don't think records mean a thing once you get to this point in the season. The year we won it we played much better that last week than the whole year, and last year we just didn't show up after playing great for most of the year. Also getting to the championship means nothing if you don't win it that being said since we are just the fourth or fifth best team up there we will have to meet our makers come Friday anyways.

Edited by classof82

Is someone from Scotts Hill (or the west) really going to play the "the AAA teams you played are crud" game? Let's talk about who Scotts Hill lost to:

1. McNairy Central - twice
  2. Henry County
  3. Camden Central
  4. Riverside (3 times - and this one is the only really heavy hitter)
  5. Lexington
  6. Trinity Christian

They are all AAA world beaters! Only if you are partaking of the that backwoods crystal meth from down in those west TN hills. :thumb:

I may have played the AAA card and I only play it because I have seen what playing those teams can do to prepare you if they are top notch AAA teams. I have seen how it can help tremendously! Btw, I am not a Riverside fan but am old school when it comes to winning tradition in that the best is considered best until beaten. After seeing the brackets seems the bracket was stacked against Riverside this year so lets play ball and let the chips fall where they may.