District 14A as of Spring!

Big Purple, the folks in Humboldt are saying that the new coaching staff will be the difference. You have not seen offense like you will see from their OC. He is the REAL DEAL!

Don't get me wrong. I wish Humboldt nothing but the best.... except when they are playing Milan. I think Jr. Reid is going to be a fantastic coach, he just have to prove it on the high school level. And it is hard for me to think of coaching being the difference. We have a coaching staff that has been together for 17yrs and been to the state championship game 6 times in that time period.

Did you guys get a new OC? I am assuming you did since you got a new DC with Driggers leaving. Who is it and who is the new DC. What kind of experience do they have???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will anybody be attending this scrimmage if so can you post the results & how both teams looked? I've heard a lot about the offensive coordinator & wonder if he can improve there offense! Past Humboldt teams just ran the ball & never spreaded the field & utilized their speed & passing game! BIGPURPLEMACHINE talked about how we got mercy ruled was because we were one dimensional & MILAN was to good of a team! MILAN also got mercy ruled in championship game because they played a team that could run & pass so hopefully Humboldt will get the passing game to go with the rushing game that they already have, only time will tell with almost the entire team returning!!

No we did not get mercy ruled in the championship this past year. Score was 48-14... 1pt shy of the mercy rule. But my comments were not intended to be disrespectful. I was just stating that there was an awfully big gap to close in 1yr. Just liked if we played CAK again this year. They lost everyone. Several D1 players included. We may very well play them closer this year, but I think that is too big of a gap for us to close in 1year.

Will anybody be attending this scrimmage if so can you post the results & how both teams looked? I've heard a lot about the offensive coordinator & wonder if he can improve there offense! Past Humboldt teams just ran the ball & never spreaded the field & utilized their speed & passing game! BIGPURPLEMACHINE talked about how we got mercy ruled was because we were one dimensional & MILAN was to good of a team! MILAN also got mercy ruled in championship game because they played a team that could run & pass so hopefully Humboldt will get the passing game to go with the rushing game that they already have, only time will tell with almost the entire team returning!!

I do agree with you though. Humboldt has too much talent and athletic ability to just run the ball so much!!!

Joe Joe Shepherd, former quarterback for HHS, is the new OC. Humboldt had two offensive coordinators in the last 5 years, Adam Yates and Brian Lane. Yates took over as head coach at Lexington Middle and was undefeated last year. Lane resigned from coaching in late April. He was only able to win 9 games with a Senior-laden team in 2011. He won only 6 games in last year's rebuild and depended heavily on the run with Nick McLilly (2200 yards). Shepherd has proven as the Freshman coach for the past 3 years that he is an offensive genius. He will throw the ball as much as he runs it. If he had been the OC the past two years, HHS would have won 2 state championships. They definitely had the defense to do it. Since QB Montague has been held back by the coaching staff, I think he will have a breakout all-state year. Montague made all of the throws in practice for the past two years and showed a great pocket presence. The head coach just obviously didn't understand the type of talent he had or was stuck in the past. Two years ago, Montague threw 13 passes against Milan and they only lost 10-0, so more passing will probably put the Vikings on top.

Had to stop it early. A Camden player had to be flown out due to compound leg fracture. It was tied 2-2.

I hate to see any kid get injured. So I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but it wasn't the qb was it??? Camden has had bad luck over the last decade or so with the qb's having serious injuries. But like I said... I hate to see it happen to any kid.