EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES 2013

You will find the Hooterville is a great place to play, lots of seating, and the fans are roudy but will treat you good. At East Ham, you will find the same, they have good parking, but be for warned there is hardley no seating only 450 seats on the away side, the stadium is only 2 years old. get there early there is only one way into the place and its a two lane road to get there. If the game starts at 7:30 and you plan to arrive at 7:15 you are screwed its not easy to get in and out of.

You can expect the Indians to bring about 1000-1500 fans for most all road games. We travel well and the majority will be in the stadium an hour before kick-off. Those will be days I take half a day off....good road trips. Speed up summer.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no money @ all for any upgrades. I understand that the base baseball field, playable, (no lights) should star this summer, heck next 3 weeks what I have been told. The track will cost 300k. I do not think no I know the football booster club is not going to play for that. The 1st thing up is restrooms and conssion stand combo, 2nd would be addition to the stands. 3rd would be a field house, i have a guy that is going to build it for us, so it might move to #1, I think I can build it to include public restrooms and a conssion stand. But he nor I can move forward till the baseball field is playable. I will not fight that at all kids HS and middle school climb in cars and drive 8 miles to practice everyday, that's insane, what happens if a HS Jr has a wreck with a 7th grader in the car, it is bad.

Wait 'til the Hamilton County Waste Water Treatment AUTHORITY gets involved, and believe me, they will. You can't get a sewer tap permit until HCWWTA signs off on your plans. They made us install a 1000 gallon grease trap and a heavy duty grinder pump. (Both of which could only be purchased from a specific company designated by them :rolleyes: $20,000) Then they said that the building code required us to install 42 commodes, based upon the occupancy of the finished stadium. I'll grant you that we're pretty full of it on the Mountain, but show me any high school football stadium in the state with 42 commodes. We finally got them to sign off on a three phase plan ;) so we could get the concession stand built. 16 in the first concession stand. 14 in a field house. And 12 in a visitors' concession stand.

P.S. What'd y'all do with that money the county gave you from the sale of the old Signal Mountain Middle School? :evil:

Edited by MountainTroll

Wait 'til the Hamilton County Waste Water Treatment AUTHORITY gets involved, and believe me, they will. You can't get a sewer tap permit until HCWWTA signs off on your plans. They made us install a 1000 gallon grease trap and a heavy duty grinder pump. (Both of which could only be purchased from a specific company designated by them :rolleyes: $20,000) Then they said that the building code required us to install 42 commodes, based upon the occupancy of the finished stadium. I'll grant you that we're pretty full of it on the Mountain, but show me any high school football stadium in the state with 42 commodes. We finally got them to sign off on a three phase plan ;) so we could get the concession stand built. 16 in the first concession stand. 14 in a field house. And 12 in a visitors' concession stand.

P.S. What'd y'all do with that money the county gave you from the sale of the old Signal Mountain Middle School? :evil:

I have no idea Troll were that money went.... It did not go into our booster account. I do not think it went to football stadium, I got a pretty good read on were that money came from, the only county dollars came from Larry Henry county comm who gave some of his 100k funds, most came from us and MAPCO mart. I know it did not go towards the baseball field. I can understand your fustration about the sale of the Signal middle school and the funds being spit, I would be hot also, you should have gotten all of it. But we will take it, if we got it, and if we did I hope it went to something worth wild. I will make some calls and see were it went and post it on here.

See ChattaCane. I told you so....5aaa travels well.... :popcorneater:

Oh we are well aware of the crowds we hosted Bradley, and you guys, Signal also travels very well, and everybody knows we travel well.

I am going to ask the principal and AD to pre sell tickets at Kingsport so they do not have to wait in that line to get in it might make it easier if I set up a speed lane for them. It would also be a good idea for you guys (Owls) to do the same could cut down on some fustration at your gates. I will be tail gateing at the Owls nest, and I am going to invite you and your misses to dinner.

Update from spring practice form Canetown. The D looks very good and should be as good as last year, some new guys at LB need to step up. The O is very good at QB, and recivers, a lot smaller in the backfield, but much faster. The line is bigger then last year, but has some new starters can they get to were they were last year????? Lot of hype and lot of fudgeing but these are real numbers. Projected 1st teamers on the line:

TE -240, T-305, G-265, C-365, G- 263, T- 350, my public school educations tells me thats an avg of 298, we will be very huge up front, All 6'3 to 6'5, one kid a gaurd is 5'11.

Edited by chattacane

I have no idea Troll were that money went.... It did not go into our booster account. I do not think it went to football stadium, I got a pretty good read on were that money came from, the only county dollars came from Larry Henry county comm who gave some of his 100k funds, most came from us and MAPCO mart. I know it did not go towards the baseball field. I can understand your fustration about the sale of the Signal middle school and the funds being spit, I would be hot also, you should have gotten all of it. But we will take it, if we got it, and if we did I hope it went to something worth wild. I will make some calls and see were it went and post it on here.

OK troll got a pretty good source, the money from the sale of old Signal Mountain middle was split 3 ways 1/3 to Signal money used to help build football field, 1/3 to East Hamilton, used for the football bleachers, and a 1/3 to Soddy for girls softball field. If anyone can shed light, please jump in.

Update from spring practice form Canetown. The D looks very good and should be as good as last year, some new guys at LB need to step up. The O is very good at QB, and recivers, a lot smaller in the backfield, but much faster. The line is bigger then last year, but has some new starters can they get to were they were last year????? Lot of hype and lot of fudgeing but these are real numbers. Projected 1st teamers on the line:

TE -240, T-305, G-265, C-365, G- 263, T- 350, my public school educations tells me thats an avg of 298, we will be very huge up front, All 6'3 to 6'5, one kid a gaurd is 5'11.

As you know things are pretty tight lipped coming out out spring ball everthing is closed, the above statement is what I got thru some players and a few coaches. The key is can the new starters step up. I spoke with some Bradley folks at a summer baseball game and we all agree no one should go untouched in the district. Also the folks up in McMinn are playing possum, they will be good the TB is very good.

Oh we are well aware of the crowds we hosted Bradley, and you guys, Signal also travels very well, and everybody knows we travel well.

I am going to ask the principal and AD to pre sell tickets at Kingsport so they do not have to wait in that line to get in it might make it easier if I set up a speed lane for them. It would also be a good idea for you guys (Owls) to do the same could cut down on some fustration at your gates. I will be tail gateing at the Owls nest, and I am going to invite you and your misses to dinner.

You will be on my turf so the meal is on me.....The best ribs your taste buds will ever enjoy :popcorneater:

Yea I thought I was looking at a herd of.....Cattle that will be hard to push around....they are even bigger this year....which will help your backfield's quickness were the defender cant spot them and once they do its too late...nothing but dust.....now let me continue to get these pine needles, bird crap, sapp, splinters off of me......it was fun up so high with my binoculars...but napped a few minutes and was prepared to fall safely on your front line :lol: Edited by PassiveAggressive

As you know things are pretty tight lipped coming out out spring ball everthing is closed, the above statement is what I got thru some players and a few coaches. The key is can the new starters step up. I spoke with some Bradley folks at a summer baseball game and we all agree no one should go untouched in the district. Also the folks up in McMinn are playing possum, they will be good the TB is very good.

I was told by some reliable sources that UTC is heavy on a few players and the top 2 are from 5aaa and one wears black n green :mrgreen: and the other scares wood peckers away.... :oops: