Doc Shelton at MLK what is his deal is he a good c

snoopy26

It was 15 years ago that Doc Shelton was my assistant at Maplewood. In the two years he was with me, we went to the State one year and won the District 12AAA the next. Can he coach? You better know he can! He is one of the hardest workers and intelligent coaches in the state. He also, stands for discipline and respect -- something some coaches have forgotten or just are too scared to tackle. He also, has won a couple of State Championships - not bad, huh? Yes, Doc Shelton is the REAL deal! :)

Coach Shelton is a very good coach. I like his "old school" style of coaching, which some coaches have gotten away from. He demands respect and instills discipline in his players and his program. His teams always play with class. He stands firm in what he teaches and doesn't give into parent/fan critizism. Every coach has their own philosophy or style of coaching........and Doc has his own unique style. It's not what the coach looks like during or after the game......it's the success of his team and the results he gets from his players. I think his past success speaks for itself. He should have, yet again, a very good team this year......and the next few years. He has some very talented young players.

Basketball wise a very good coach. He knows the game but his ego can get in the way. A prime example is the state tourney two years ago. Everyone thought that it would be a great game with Brainerd but King really put it to them. With a twenty point plus lead in the forth quarter the team has everyones attention. Shelton rips the buttons off the dress shirt he is wearing to draw attention to himself. The way he looked, you would think he had just survived a crash landing on a seven forty seven. I think he has the little man syndrome.