Liberty Tech

gohawks

We had a very good game with Liberty last season. Looking forward to Week 0.

Things aren't quite like it normally is at Liberty, despite what you read in newspapers and see in the polls. They lost their entire starting backfield along with top defensive player, Tyler Taylor. They will be well coached but that may not be enough. Having a brutal schedule in early games is going to hurt, because district schedule on second half of season will be even more brutal this year. Jackson Northside, Ripley, Haywood, Covington and probably district favorite JCM, will probably mean at best a 5-5 season for the Crusaders.

• Upvote 1

Things aren't quite like it normally is at Liberty, despite what you read in newspapers and see in the polls. They lost their entire starting backfield along with top defensive player, Tyler Taylor. They will be well coached but that may not be enough. Having a brutal schedule in early games is going to hurt, because district schedule on second half of season will be even more brutal this year. Jackson Northside, Ripley, Haywood, Covington and probably district favorite JCM, will probably mean at best a 5-5 season for the Crusaders.

Haywood and Ripley will be a cakewalk for Liberty. Northside and Covington will not be near as good as they were last year as a majority of their starters and their best players Adam Craig (N. Side) and Carlos Williams (Covington) graduated. And I am still not sold on JCM. No doubt they will be improved but I don't know that I would put them as the district favorite. As I have said before, I wish JCM well and hope they have much success, but no one (polls or sportswriters) are putting them as the district favorite. I think Liberty has a good chance to go undefeated in this district.

It seems like Liberty was very young in the trenches last season, unless I am greatly misremembering.

If that is the case, and if those guys are back up front, then that should make replacing their skill position players a less daunting task. Athletes are one thing Hookfin doesn't have to worry about at Liberty. They will have guys who can run and catch.

They aren't out of the running for a letdown, but I'd be shocked if they went 5-5.

It seems like Liberty was very young in the trenches last season, unless I am greatly misremembering.

If that is the case, and if those guys are back up front, then that should make replacing their skill position players a less daunting task. Athletes are one thing Hookfin doesn't have to worry about at Liberty. They will have guys who can run and catch.

They aren't out of the running for a letdown, but I'd be shocked if they went 5-5.

I don't think you should be shocked if they end up 5-5. While their district schedule is doable.... their non district schedule is brutal. It includes trips to Brentwood Academy and Henry Co. Also, they have MUS and Millington at home. They will get spanked by Brentwood and MUS and will be the underdog against Henry Co and Millington (although they may slip up and pull off an upset here.) They have Covington and North Side in the district. Also, JCM is going to be very talented. So we will see how it goes. I think they are looking at 6-4, but 5-5 is not out of the question. One thing is for sure... if they make the playoffs.... they will be ready!!!

I don't think you should be shocked if they end up 5-5. While their district schedule is doable.... their non district schedule is brutal. It includes trips to Brentwood Academy and Henry Co. Also, they have MUS and Millington at home. They will get spanked by Brentwood and MUS and will be the underdog against Henry Co and Millington (although they may slip up and pull off an upset here.) They have Covington and North Side in the district. Also, JCM is going to be very talented. So we will see how it goes. I think they are looking at 6-4, but 5-5 is not out of the question. One thing is for sure... if they make the playoffs.... they will be ready!!!

Ouch! I knew they had HC and MUS, but I was unaware they played Brentwood Academy and Millington. I didn't even know they had that many open dates. They must have really shuffled these districts around.

That is brutal indeed. Not nearly as much room for error in district play as I had thought.

Once again, I know you said JCM will be talented, which is a total insult. When someone makes a statement like that it usually mean they are fast and talented but have no teamwork or coaching, which is totally untrue about this group( I see statements like this about Fayette Ware-big difference). I question your knowledge of the teams in this district by saying Covington and Northside as stout teams this year, did you know both were depleted of their senior class. It's a shame that some teams from inter-city or not so nice neighborhoods can only just be called "talented". Don't forget this is a team that has Terrance Kinnie, Rodney Clark, Jr, Kris Todd and many, many others ready to go. Check this link about the real JCM team this year.

Edited by specialed

Once again, I know you said JCM will be talented, which is a total insult. When someone makes a statement like that it usually mean they are fast and talented but have no teamwork or coaching, which is totally untrue about this group( I see statements like this about Fayette Ware-big difference). I question your knowledge of the teams in this district by saying Covington and Northside as stout teams this year, did you know both were depleted of their senior class. It's a shame that some teams from inter-city or not so nice neighborhoods can only just be called "talented". Don't forget this is a team that has Terrance Kinnie, Rodney Clark, Jr, Kris Todd and many, many others ready to go. Check this link about the real JCM team this year.

I have seen the video before on another thread. I will not comment on your remarks. I think everyone that has read my comments and yours can see where the "insults" are coming from. Once again, as I have said many times before, I wish JCM the best this year!!! We shall see where the chips fall in a few weeks.

I have seen the video before on another thread. I will not comment on your remarks. I think everyone that has read my comments and yours can see where the "insults" are coming from. Once again, as I have said many times before, I wish JCM the best this year!!! We shall see where the chips fall in a few weeks.

Nothing personal, BIGPURPLEMACHINE, I just don't like for kids to be labeled wrong. Nothing against you, I respect that you post all over the board with great commentary at times. Just looking out for the kids at the J. Not insults just facts that have seen over the years.

Nothing personal, BIGPURPLEMACHINE, I just don't like for kids to be labeled wrong. Nothing against you, I respect that you post all over the board with great commentary at times. Just looking out for the kids at the J. Not insults just facts that have seen over the years.

Ed... please understand that I say what I mean and I mean what I say. When I say that kids are talented.... I mean that they are talented. That is a compliment not an insult. Please don't compare me to what "other" people may or may not have stated in the past.