McMinn Central Football (good or not)

TFH1968

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Defense is strong up front and is the strong point of this 2013 version of the chargers 2) Loss of Josh Scudder to injury will hurt secondary 3) Offensive skill positions are as good as they come even with the loss of Scudder who might be back, who knows 4) Offensive line is young with a couple returning starters. My opinion from what I have heard and some of what I've seen is that this season's success will rely on the defense. Expect to see the chargers in some old fashioned one touchdown defensive battles (they may even shut a team or two out) but will still have to score. The offense will have their lumps early on because they are young up front and at the QB position, but should improve as the season continues.

1) Defense is strong up front and is the strong point of this 2013 version of the chargers 2) Loss of Josh Scudder to injury will hurt secondary 3) Offensive skill positions are as good as they come even with the loss of Scudder who might be back, who knows 4) Offensive line is young with a couple returning starters. My opinion from what I have heard and some of what I've seen is that this season's success will rely on the defense. Expect to see the chargers in some old fashioned one touchdown defensive battles (they may even shut a team or two out) but will still have to score. The offense will have their lumps early on because they are young up front and at the QB position, but should improve as the season continues.

Is the Barnett kid back or did he graduate?

The Barnett kid did not graduate but is not playing this year. Scudder may make it back by midseason at best, but may sit out the year with broken neck. I think the Chargers will be able to put points on the board and if they can hold teams to one touchdown a game, will have a great year. The league will be tough and the non league schedule is tough as well.

Strong fast defense. Young inexperienced offensive line with good talent at skill positions

The defense looked "strong" against a horrible Red Bank offense. South Pitt moved the ball pretty well.

Offensively, Central has good talent at tailback. The other skill positions looked tentative and unsure of themselves, but it is early.

Hey CM.  Looks like a couple of kids from South Pitt could be in a little trouble.  That is what I understood from the official that was closest to me.  One of the kids started the mess, and the other had his helmet off slinging it around with bad intentions.  He did strike one of the MCentral kids putting a small scratch on his head.  Lucky it was not as bad as it could have been.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents.  Defense looks really good!  Strong front line and LB are big hitters.  Defensive End is a man-child.  Offense is improving on the O-line which will be the key.  Skill positions a RB are an A+.  Schedule is brutal, which leads me to my next point.  This team will be much better than their record may indicate.  Will know much more after scrimmage against Hixson this Friday.