Baylor @ Webb

Vols12345678

Mitchell (#43) did play against Baylor. He is very impressive, and I am pretty sure he is a junior.

Mitchell did not play against Baylor. He was out with an injury. That killed Webb late as no one was there to shut down the run in the second half. Had Mitchell played that game would have been a lot different. Mitchell is one of the best linebackers in the state if not the best.

Tell me how it would have been different ?

Mitchell did not play against Baylor. He was out with an injury. That killed Webb late as no one was there to shut down the run in the second half. Had Mitchell played that game would have been a lot different. Mitchell is one of the best linebackers in the state if not the best.

I just looked him up ... Looks like Tennessee and Vanderbilt have offered. Good size kid who has speed. Looks like Clemson and Georgia are showing interest as well

I knew he was big and Strong I just didn't realize how quick he was between tackles ... might not run a great 40 , but he closes fast and brings the hammer ... I can't remember the last Middle linebacker I was more impressed with , and he's just a JR !

I though the Webb team played a very good game and just got worn down due to so many players going both ways. As a former high school and D1 football offical, that was one of the worst called games that I have seen in a long time. Unfortunately, the TSSAA is moving to a 7 man crew like college football but they do not have the talent to field a 7 man crew. It is a very hard job to get enough qualified officials to field a good 5 man crew and when you add officials that aren't ready to be on the field, you get what you had on Friday night. You would never see a competent offical let the the game get to the point where you are having to eject the head coach for this game and the next game due to sideline warnings. It is the officials job to manage the game not just call fouls. Another example of how bad this crew was was on a first down after the ball was marked ready for play Baylor jumps offsides, so they move the ball back 5 yards and then they move the chains back 5 yards to give Baylor a 1st and 10 not 1st and 15 like it should have been. The same thing happened a few quarters later to Webb and they got it correct and made them start 1 and 15. While I do not know the exact rules of ejection in high school but Todd Kelly's penalty for blatently targeting a defensless player probably should have resulted in a ejection like close a dozen ejections in the NCAA games this past weekend. Once again the TSSAA does not need to move to a 7 man crew until they have the talent to field 7 competent officials.

He broke his finger pretty badly and had surgery on Thursday before the Baylor game. He wanted to club it up and play but they said one day out of surgery was just too soon. He should be back for the game against CAK. He is one of the most impressive players to ever go through Webb. Was at Clemson on Saturday for the Georgia/Clemson game. SEC player for sure.