Cane Ridge @ Smyrna

Cane Ridge has some speed. #2 is quick as lightning. Their Qb play is shaky at times. We are going to have to wrap up better than we did against Lavergne. We cant give the kick return a lane to run in. We struggled against Lavergne with this phase of the game. I do believe we have the upper hand in this game. Should win by a couple of Tds if we play to our potential. They did lose against their rival and I believe that will be motivation for this game. We can't use the results from the Lavergne game as a measuring stick to how much we have improved. That really doesn't matter. If we don't bring our "A" game then it will be a long night.

Good win for the Bulldogs. 34-20. Special teams stepped up big. Defense struggled a bit. Offense killed it on the ground. O-line played extremely well. Cane ridge played pretty dirty. Fuqua is a beast he gashed us all night. Got to get better on stopping the run. On to Antioch. Go Dawgs!!!

Good win for the Bulldogs. 34-20. Special teams stepped up big. Defense struggled a bit. Offense killed it on the ground. O-line played extremely well. Cane ridge played pretty dirty. Fuqua is a beast he gashed us all night. Got to get better on stopping the run. On to Antioch. Go Dawgs!!!

Yeah last night was the second time I've seen cane ridge, I went and watched the p/o game when they played riverdale last year, they came out pointing and hollering at us the fans on the riverdale side and I noticed the pointing when smyrna came out last night and the body slam tackle, there was I believe a LB trying to fight people at times, but the game itself I give props to cane ridge they were very well prepared, Fuqua ran the ball hard and there was a pass play they scored two td's on where the wr was wide open, special teams helped win this game for smyrna with those sky punts to the up man that was recovered by smyrna, keep working hard bulldogs!

I agree we really have to stop the run. Had the same problem in the Jamboree against THE DALE. Riverdale was able to get out on the edge and take advantage of us. Defensively we didn't have a great week of practice. Don't know if it might have been a little bit of hangover from the Lavergne game or we just didn't prepare as well as needed. Whatever it is we have to fix it this week quickly. Cane Ridge had a nice push from their O-line. Pretty much handled our defensive line all night. The two passing tds were due to a blown coverage mistake and the other was due to our cornerback fell coming out of his break. Otherwise that second TD would not have been even close. It may have even been picked. But like last week this win is in the bag. Time to move on. Lots of work to be done. Again we will have to bring our "A" game against Antioch or it will be a bad night. Good win Dawgs!

Edited by milo118