South Pitt at Sale Creek (Moore man against that Cox man)

Roy Dillard

SP's issues can become obvious several times this year. Take your pick. Sequatchie, Grundy, Boyd, Polk, Marion. I saw Grundy play Marion live. Grundy is improved and will be a tough test for the SP team I saw play last week.

I agree ive watched Grundy play and they are more physical than they have been any many years. If the pirates play like they did last week it will be another long night.

This is the type of game that will do little to solve any teamwork issues, if there are any. No offense to Sale Creek because I respect the heck out of their coaches and players for starting up a program. But, because they are a start-up program they will offer little resistance to the Pirates. We all know that winning makes you happy and winning big is just downright exhilarating. If the Pirates do indeed have a problem with teamwork, they won't be able to work those issues out until they are tested in the heat of battle. Just my opinion and it means nothing to most of you because I wear purple!

I meant just to play football, listen to the coaches and keep the lips shut. This was also about the fans a little veiled. We need to support our team and quit coaching from sidelines on game night. Leave that for coach t.

SP's issues can become obvious several times this year. Take your pick. Sequatchie, Grundy, Boyd, Polk, Marion. I saw Grundy play Marion live. Grundy is improved and will be a tough test for the SP team I saw play last week.

That Moore man better train our pass defenders before we play that Bryant mans team.  That Bryant man passed all over that McCurry mans team.  I was talking to this man at Ronnies red eye and he said that McCurry man could not get that Gudger man, that Starky man, or that Purplegrad man to get there pass defenders to intercept the ball.  I garuntee you that Moore man better not be using that McCurry mans secrets when he plays that Bryant man.  You think im joking but im not.

no disrespect coach but you made your point just one question what week does your team play where if there are issues they would become obvious? This week?

First of all, Marion isn't going through these issues, at least not to the level that is being reported from last Frday at the Speedway. We have the rail birds but what school doesn't? We may even have a kid or two that feels they are t getting the PT that they should get. But, again, what school doesn't. We haven't had any of the helmet throwing, pad shedding, and sideline cuss feats that your posters have described. I think that if Marion did have any issues they would manifest themselves in the Central, Sequatchie, CCS (passing game) or South Pitt games. Those are some that would be contested enough to bring out the worst of the players. Speaking of SP, I've only seen them play one qtr at the jamboree. However, I did notice one player there that seemed to have this type of attitude/behavior. After the qtr was over he didn't walk through the line to shake hands and when that Moore man huddled them up for a quick post game talk, he refused to join his team. The explanation that was offered to me was that he was hurt. Maybe there was more to it.

How bad is this Sale Creek team anyway?

We have flashes of brillance which we typically surround with shooting ourselves in the foot. I think we will get better each week as we gain more experience, but its hard to simulate game speed in practice, especially this week with the amount of speed the Pirates have. So, it is what it is. Coaches can't play the game for them, they have to learn it.

I dont think sequatchie can hang with the pirates. Too much speed kills. But hey you never know anything can happen. Good luck to the rest of the season yall will get it together and have a great season

This might be a closer game that you expect. Ken only lost to SP twice while he was at Marion. Food for thought.

KC and the Sunshine Band didn't fair so well at Bridgeport where he didn't have a string of 65+ players though. That said, I have seen some fair Dunlap teams slow some good Pirate teams down enough to pull some upsets over the years.