BA @ Father Ryan 9/6/2013

Custer

Congrats to Ryan.  I've always admired their fight.  No matter what, they will always hit you in the mouth.  

"No way they win that game on paper".

So true--further proof that the culture of BA football continues to languish. As much, if not more talent than anyone they play. The program will win 7-8 games a yr on talent alone, but the days of BA whipping teams of equal or greater talent have past them by--something's missing. I don't know why that's the case, it's just this fan's opinion.

So true--further proof that the culture of BA football continues to languish. As much, if not more talent than anyone they play. The program will win 7-8 games a yr on talent alone, but the days of BA whipping teams of equal or greater talent have past them by--something's missing. I don't know why that's the case, it's just this fan's opinion.

I think one early-season loss is too small a sample size for one to claim that BA's football culture "continues to languish." It was a disappointing night for the Eagles, who ran into a supremely motivated Ryan team that was very well-coached tonight. I don't think it's fair to make sweeping statements three games into the season.

I think one early-season loss is too small a sample size for one to claim that BA's football culture "continues to languish." It was a disappointing night for the Eagles, who ran into a supremely motivated Ryan team that was very well-coached tonight. I don't think it's fair to make sweeping statements three games into the season.

Unfortunately DOCT is right...BA football is average and its languishing. Getting beat by Ryan was historically a major upset for BA during the past 10 years. Now it's not. It no shock that the Irish kicked BA's butt tonight. They outplayed the Eagles. BA is not at the level they should be as a powerhouse in DII.

Wes, the early season loss is not the issue. Outside of Baylor in 2012, to the best of my knowledge, BA has not had a come from behind win in ___________--you fill in the blank. Great programs (and I still consider BA one) find a way to get it done in the big games, or when the deck is stacked against them. BA seems to fold more times than not in recent memory when the game's on the line. Last year's semi-final game comes to mind. Ensworth from 2010 (up 19-3 deep in 3rd) and lose on games final play is another. My thoughts are just a general "gut" feeling and probably written out of frustration, but I stand by them.