Perry Co vs Wayne Co

wildcat89

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see some of our outstanding defensive players on the offensive line. Seems we can't block for running or passing very well.  Surely some of those quick defensive men could play both ways! Multiple times in every game when someone gets caught around or behind the line there are linemen standing up looking around while their man tackles ours. There has to be someone who can block without holding and getting our good runs/passes called back.

I would like to see some of our outstanding defensive players on the offensive line. Seems we can't block for running or passing very well. Surely some of those quick defensive men could play both ways! Multiple times in every game when someone gets caught around or behind the line there are linemen standing up looking around while their man tackles ours. There has to be someone who can block without holding and getting our good runs/passes called back.

You need to look at some of your backs blocking out if the backfield, if they don't get the ball they don't block except for a couple. And why in the world would WC try to field a punt in the rain with PC defenders closing in? Edited by wildcat89

You are right on both...blocking is weak all around. I don't know if they are selfish and all want the ball or if they just don't know the plays. I hear that some don't know the plays and go the wrong way and then I hear that they go over and over the plays and should know exactly what to do. I don't know what to believe about all that, I just know you can't run or pass if everyone isn't blocking. I just think there are some changes that were made on defense that really worked and there should be something they could do to beef up the offense. Idk about the punt, I wouldn't have thought that was something we would want to do in the rain. But that is a freshman making that choice so maybe he learned a great lesson. I am happy with a win and behind these boys 100% even when it is ugly. But I sure hope the team that played Moore Co comes back for the Fayetteville game!! 

You are right on both...blocking is weak all around. I don't know if they are selfish and all want the ball or if they just don't know the plays. I hear that some don't know the plays and go the wrong way and then I hear that they go over and over the plays and should know exactly what to do. I don't know what to believe about all that, I just know you can't run or pass if everyone isn't blocking. I just think there are some changes that were made on defense that really worked and there should be something they could do to beef up the offense. Idk about the punt, I wouldn't have thought that was something we would want to do in the rain. But that is a freshman making that choice so maybe he learned a great lesson. I am happy with a win and behind these boys 100% even when it is ugly. But I sure hope the team that played Moore Co comes back for the Fayetteville game!! 

Well i see some boys blocking hard every play that hardly ever touch the ball and are just happy to be there! Im sure they would like to tote the rock some too, I don't think thats selfish,  Thats being competitive! Im sure there are lots of players that want to do more for the team and hopefully we can keep winning and more players get to participate!  "GO CATS"

You are right on both...blocking is weak all around. I don't know if they are selfish and all want the ball or if they just don't know the plays. I hear that some don't know the plays and go the wrong way and then I hear that they go over and over the plays and should know exactly what to do. I don't know what to believe about all that, I just know you can't run or pass if everyone isn't blocking. I just think there are some changes that were made on defense that really worked and there should be something they could do to beef up the offense. Idk about the punt, I wouldn't have thought that was something we would want to do in the rain. But that is a freshman making that choice so maybe he learned a great lesson. I am happy with a win and behind these boys 100% even when it is ugly. But I sure hope the team that played Moore Co comes back for the Fayetteville game!!

This is the way I see last nights game, I don't think PC would have done any better if it had been sunny but I think WC would have put at least three more scores on the board. I think WC brought the same team as they did last week but its hard to judge under those conditions. You will always have fumbles, missed snaps, missed tackles and just slips making a move to block or tackle when it rains. Alot of plays that our backs ran out of bounds would have been turned up the field had it been a dry field. And talk about changes on defense, I really don't know what they are if any, WC defense has been good all year if you look at all the games played.

This is the way I see last nights game, I don't think PC would have done any better if it had been sunny but I think WC would have put at least three more scores on the board. I think WC brought the same team as they did last week but its hard to judge under those conditions. You will always have fumbles, missed snaps, missed tackles and just slips making a move to block or tackle when it rains. Alot of plays that our backs ran out of bounds would have been turned up the field had it been a dry field. And talk about changes on defense, I really don't know what they are if any, WC defense has been good all year if you look at all the games played.

I think PC would have done an exceptional job against WC if they would have just had their normal offensive team out there & not changed the whole thing for this game!!! Not sure what the coaches were thinking. Talked to a few players and they can't answer the question either!! What was their game plan?

I think PC would have done an exceptional job against WC if they would have just had their normal offensive team out there & not changed the whole thing for this game!!! Not sure what the coaches were thinking. Talked to a few players and they can't answer the question either!! What was their game plan?

Not sure why PC changed their players up but one things for sure, they stuck to their game plan the entire game and it wasn't a good one. Good luck to y'all the rest of the season and I hope y'all get those things fixed so next year we can have an exciting game.