CPA @ Page

coachrus

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA had 5 big penalties, a muffed punt deep in their territory, a TD called back, and a dropped TD pass all in the 2nd quarter and lost the quarter 16-0. They won the other 1st and 3rd qtr. by 52 and the 4th was very short and scoreless.

Page QB is very good, strong arm, and made some nice throws under pressure and had a few nice throws dropped.

Great crowd and atmosphere at Page. Fun to see some new schools this year.

Short week with Milan coming to town.

Those penalties were killers.  Like at Giles Co., they overcame them but someday they might not be able to.  The TD called back on penalty hurt too.  Weatherly throws for 5 TDs and the running game was working well.  Nice job up front O-line!!

I left at the beginning of the 4th, but while I was there, Page never crossed midfield unless it was due to penalties and the muffed punt. CPA's defense is so hard to maintain a drive against.

Hate to call out a young guy who is trying and working hard, but later in the season, we cannot afford to have someone drop 4 catchable passes. Hopefully, he will get better. Weatherly's stats should have been even better than they were.

Was it my imagination, or did the refs mark off about 25-30yards on a roughing the passer penalty?

Edited by sportsnerd

I left at the beginning of the 4th, but while I was there, Page never crossed midfield unless it was due to penalties and the muffed punt. CPA's defense is so hard to maintain a drive against.

Hate to call out a young guy who is trying and working hard, but later in the season, we cannot afford to have someone drop 4 catchable passes. Hopefully, he will get better. Weatherly's stats should have been even better than they were.

Was it my imagination, or did the refs mark off about 25-30yards on a roughing the passer penalty?

The refs mark off 20 yds against CPA on the penalty. Coach Martin called a time-out to discuss, but no change.

Edited by robjim

The refs mark off 20 yds against CPA on the penalty. Coach Martin called a time-out to discuss, but no change.

That's inexcusable. I know it is HS, but there are several officials, a chain gang, several guys in the booth, radio crew, and they had several live feeds going on the field and in the booth. Someone has to step up and correct the incorrect walkoff.

Yes, Sir.

Explains it. Playing at page they are notorious for having crazy penalty calls. Last year we had two 80+ tds called back and 9 penalties in a span of about 7 min. We were warned before the game. I figured it was just a fan blaming the refs for their team losing. But i was sorely mistaken. Worst officiating Ive ever witnessed.

Explains it. Playing at page they are notorious for having crazy penalty calls. Last year we had two 80+ tds called back and 9 penalties in a span of about 7 min. We were warned before the game. I figured it was just a fan blaming the refs for their team losing. But i was sorely mistaken. Worst officiating Ive ever witnessed.

Slim, is Fairview for real this year? Looks like they may run the table. What do you think?