Loretto vs. Mt. Pleasant

lowtn

Only two things have beaten mTp this year... themselves and their opponents??? No kidding. What else would've caused them to lose?? jk What about when Loretto has the ball?? Will Rosson keep it? or give it to Allen? Neese? Ward? Will he throw it to Burks? Nunley? Allen? or Neese? Fact of the matter is the game could go either way but you coming on here talking about how mTp has improved means nothing to Loretto. It just means that while you listened to a game you admit you didn't see, YOU believe they will win. If Loretto maintains some balance to their offense, they win..... As you said in the above post, Loretto is no BGA... works for me, because mTp is no Lewis Co...who we should've beaten if not for some special team breakdowns. Should be a good game and if you choose to come to LoTown, safe travels to you.

J/k?... I'm wasn't kidding around and don't see the sense in making fun of pointing out the facts of one talking the game/season? (But I take you as just being lighthearted) When a game is played pretty well, with very few mistakes, and one loses, then their opponent has cleanly/fairly beaten them. Closest game mTp has had to that happening was the BGA game. Other than that, mTp has beaten themselves. That's my point in what I was posting.

You don't have to prove what Loretto brings to the table. I did pick the Mustangs over the Trojans last week when not to many people would clearly do so. I only talked about mTp like that in comparison to CW to say that Loretto will not face a one dimensional offense this week.

Being a man of Faith. I live by seeing does not always lead to believing. Hearing the truth works just as well as seeing. The radio works just as fine for me as being there, though it is not always as fun as being there.... But Trevor and company gives a pretty good insight of the games over the radio when not finding a babysitter or weather allows me not to be there.

I don't know if I can make it or not yet.... working on it.... I want to since this is my pick of the week... I feel this is going to be a good one, close, unless mTp starts fumbling and holding again. Then I guess it wont be close.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I ever said Loretto was BGA.  But truth of the matter is every team Loretto has played has changed up who got the ball except for Collinwood, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal that more than one person touches the ball.  Several of the teams we faced ran a similar style offense like that of MTP.

For someone with a team that just got its first win, against Cornersville, you sure are high on your team.  Nothing wrong with that, a lot of times I get delusional as well then get brought back to earth.  Nothing wrong with talking a little smack either. lol

Like 1MustangFan said, Loretto has several options as well. I fully expect a tough fought game.  Loretto just needs to contain the speed and limit the big plays when we are on defense.  Easier said than done.  MTP will just need to be able to handle the big guys.  Also easier said than done.

I dont think I ever said Loretto was BGA. But truth of the matter is every team Loretto has played has changed up who got the ball except for Collinwood, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal that more than one person touches the ball. Several of the teams we faced ran a similar style offense like that of MTP.

For someone with a team that just got its first win, against Cornersville, you sure are high on your team. Nothing wrong with that, a lot of times I get delusional as well then get brought back to earth. Nothing wrong with talking a little smack either. lol

Like 1MustangFan said, Loretto has several options as well. I fully expect a tough fought game. Loretto just needs to contain the speed and limit the big plays when we are on defense. Easier said than done. MTP will just need to be able to handle the big guys. Also easier said than done.

And I never said you said yall was like BGA..... I said "in my thinking, Loretto is no BGA"....

I am always supportive win or lose. Have been on here for years now. Not just a bandwagon fan here.

Sad to know the boys of Loretto now know you think it's delusional to support them even when they're down. Not dealing with professional teams here. Just young men..... That's being down to earth.

mTp handled the Bog Boys of BGA just fine until the 4th when their back started scoring a lot. Cwood's small defense apparently handled those Big Boys of yours well too to limit the Stangs to just 20.....lol... nothing wrong with a little smack now... is it?

And I never said you said yall was like BGA..... I said "in my thinking, Loretto is no BGA"....

Handled BGA till 4th qtr .. I thought BGA was up 20something at half

I am always supportive win or lose. Have been on here for years now. Not just a bandwagon fan here.

Sad to know the boys of Loretto now know you think it's delusional to support them even when they're down. Not dealing with professional teams here. Just young men..... That's being down to earth.

mTp handled the Bog Boys of BGA just fine until the 4th when their back started scoring a lot. Cwood's small defense apparently handled those Big Boys of yours well too to limit the Stangs to just 20.....lol... nothing wrong with a little smack now... is it?

Bigby you were giving updates on here with scores .. And you posted 27-0 BGA at half... How is that handling BGA upfront till 4th qtr..

14-27 at the end of the 3rd was still a game. Honestly, it could've been 42-0 at half.... and mTp managed 20 on the board by the end of the game.... So IMO they handled themselves better than expected. Edited by Big Bigby

There you go assuming again.  Who said Collinwood's defense was small?  Also, we had one of our best linemen out that game as well.  Based on what I have seen Collinwood appears stronger/larger than MTPs players. 

Also, where are you getting this antisupport stuff from?  Always, support your team up or down like a true fan.  Never said you shouldnt. 

Based on the rushing yards BGA put up, I not sure MTP did a good job of handling those big boys.  But if you call that "handling" then maybe yall will handle Loretto's boys as well.  Now granted the boys from Loretto are not "Bog" Boys but some do live near the creek. 

Also, where are you getting this antisupport stuff from?

When you make a statement like...." a lot of times I get delusional"... towards me supporting the boys win against C-ville..... You think I may take it as supportive?.?.?

Based on the rushing yards BGA put up, I not sure MTP did a good job of handling those big boys. But if you call that "handling" then maybe yall will handle Loretto's boys as well. Now granted the boys from Loretto are not "Bog" Boys but some do live near the creek.

Not going to sparse that game anymore my man... mTp was clearly outmatched, I have stated as much... You consistantly keep missing my points....(1) mTp didn't get blowed out and walked over that game... That was a good deal for a fan like myself considering the competition they faced....

One more time..... (2)The C-ville game was not about us facing C-ville and winning against them....Cmon now.... It was C-ville..... The big deal (I hope you get it this time) I'm making is that the boys Got It Together that game. Just one fumble, that they themselves recovered. Limited the penalties and didn't stall their drives like they have been.... THAT was the BOG deal ABOUT THAT GAME....Oooops there's that Typo again... My bad... BIG... You did know the 'I' is right next to the 'O' on the keypad ?.?.?......lol..... Getting after someone about a typo is really old now my man. Besides if you want to stay after me on that or spelling?.... Have a blast dude. It happens all the time.

Just an interesting look at the numbers......

Loretto is 2-2.... So who have they beat? Perry County and Collinwood.

Perry County who is 1-4

total points earned all 5 games......... 59

total points given up all 5 games...... 145

Collinwood who is 1-4

total points earned all 5 games......... 50

total points given up all 5 games...... 140

Mt. Pleasant is 1-4...... Who has Mt. Pleasant beaten? Cornersville.

Cornersville who is 2-3

total points earned all 5 games........ 64

total points given up all 5 games..... 155

So bragging about beating Collinwood this year is about as bad as bragging about beating Perry Co. or Cornersville. At least Cornersville has 2 Wins under their belt.... Numbers don't lie despite the Size or Speed of the team.

Now let's look at this games teams numbers......

Loretto who is 2-2

total points earned all 4 games....... 106

total points given up all 4 games..... 78

Mt. Pleasant who is 1-4

total points earned all 5 games........ 104

total points given up all 5 games..... 124

But the numbers are not equal in games played...... So to put some spin upon an outlook, we will take 1 game away from Mt. Pleasant, the game they was clearly out matched by a 3A team and no need to compare, just a game to fill the slot, not District nor Old Region, BGA..... then the numbers reflect this out look......

Mt. Pleasant who could've been 1-3

total points earned all 4 games....... 84

total points given up all 4 games..... 83

Bringing the comparison between Loretto and mTp to just a difference defensively of 5 points between the 2 given up and a difference offensively of 22 points earned between the 2 with the edge going to Loretto......

But it is Not a huge difference folks.......

Game of the week!..... I'm telling ya.......

Loretto is favored. But mTp can pull it off.

GO TIGERS!

Just an interesting look at the numbers......

Loretto is 2-2.... So who have they beat? Perry County and Collinwood.

Perry County who is 1-4

total points earned all 5 games......... 59

total points given up all 5 games...... 145

Collinwood who is 1-4

total points earned all 5 games......... 50

total points given up all 5 games...... 140

Mt. Pleasant is 1-4...... Who has Mt. Pleasant beaten? Cornersville.

Cornersville who is 2-3

total points earned all 5 games........ 64

total points given up all 5 games..... 155

So bragging about beating Collinwood this year is about as bad as bragging about beating Perry Co. or Cornersville. At least Cornersville has 2 Wins under their belt.... Numbers don't lie despite the Size or Speed of the team.

Now let's look at this games teams numbers......

Loretto who is 2-2

total points earned all 4 games....... 106

total points given up all 4 games..... 78

Mt. Pleasant who is 1-4

total points earned all 5 games........ 104

total points given up all 5 games..... 124

But the numbers are not equal in games played...... So to put some spin upon an outlook, we will take 1 game away from Mt. Pleasant, the game they was clearly out matched by a 3A team and no need to compare, just a game to fill the slot, not District nor Old Region, BGA..... then the numbers reflect this out look......

Mt. Pleasant who could've been 1-3

total points earned all 4 games....... 84

total points given up all 4 games..... 83

Bringing the comparison between Loretto and mTp to just a difference defensively of 5 points between the 2 given up and a difference offensively of 22 points earned between the 2 with the edge going to Loretto......

But it is Not a huge difference folks.......

Game of the week!..... I'm telling ya.......

Loretto is favored. But mTp can pull it off.

GO TIGERS!

Dang! you have way too much time on your hands.

When you make a statement like...." a lot of times I get delusional"... towards me supporting the boys win against C-ville..... You think I may take it as supportive?.?.?

Not going to sparse that game anymore my man... mTp was clearly outmatched, I have stated as much... You consistantly keep missing my points....(1) mTp didn't get blowed out and walked over that game... That was a good deal for a fan like myself considering the competition they faced....

One more time..... (2)The C-ville game was not about us facing C-ville and winning against them....Cmon now.... It was C-ville..... The big deal (I hope you get it this time) I'm making is that the boys Got It Together that game. Just one fumble, that they themselves recovered. Limited the penalties and didn't stall their drives like they have been.... THAT was the BOG deal ABOUT THAT GAME....Oooops there's that Typo again... My bad... BIG... You did know the 'I' is right next to the 'O' on the keypad ?.?.?......lol..... Getting after someone about a typo is really old now my man. Besides if you want to stay after me on that or spelling?.... Have a blast dude. It happens all the time.

Dont really care about spelling as I do far worse, just couldnt help it.