Science Hill versus Brentwood Academy

baylorbigdog1976

Another genius pick by a mental giant Williamson County ...

I don't know anything about Science Hill, other than what I can piece together from the scores and game stories, but I do know Div II.

And my prediction here is Science Hill hangs around early, figures out it can win at some point and wins.

The BA kids play with a lot of passion and are coached up, but it only goes so far. This is not the type of team that can just show up and win anymore. Not even close.

Your making this way to complicated. Let me make it simple by saying this. Take the Maryville coaching staff and put them at DB, Science Hill, Tennessee High, South, or Elizabethton (just to name a few) and in two years they'll bring back a state championship. Heck I'll go so far to say that in 5 years they could bring a state championship to Davey Crockett.  It's coaching and you know it.

You are blind and would rather not know the truth. The nfl is a coaches game-where all talent is equal, coaches matter the most. College football is more about the players. It's all about recruiting. High school football is about players. Jimmys and Joes not X's and O's. The biggest role high school coaches play is in discipline and and the offseason.

BigPoppaPump,

You are articulate and you couldn't be more correct. 100 years from now there will still be people who believe that all that's missing from bringing gold footballs back to East Tennessee is coaching. Unless you happen to have a classified bracket like Greeneville has had that basically allows you to play an opponent in the State Title game that you would normally play in the 2nd round, we're not winning one anytime soon.

Your comments about genetics were brilliant. Arguments against it are passionate and likely made because the people making them really believe them. However, facts and history are against them all.

Both couldn't be more right. Can't convince Daddies and Mommies that Johnny just isn't as good as Malik from Davidson Co. "It's got to be those dumb coaches... If only they'd have called more GA's at Emory and Henry, my boy would be as relevant as that Hurd kid at Beech."

You are blind and would rather not know the truth. The nfl is a coaches game-where all talent is equal, coaches matter the most. College football is more about the players. It's all about recruiting. High school football is about players. Jimmys and Joes not X's and O's. The biggest role high school coaches play is in discipline and and the offseason.

Murfreesboro, Nashville, and Chattanooga have better athletes than TE Tri-Cities area. That's why DB ad SH are winless against these schools this year. Coaching can't fix being physically inferior. Save your "heart" argument for your Pop Warner pregame speech, Daddies.

Here it is. There is only one coach in our district who is good and thats Graham Clark and he has a history of brain farts in the players. All these other coaches don't have a clue. I've been telling you for years Stacey Carter is not the answer in Johnson City. And, it's not the players but the number of players. We simply can't compete year after year with the overall number of athletes to contend with. DB usually has two or three really quality players per year but the Middle Tn schools have 6 or 8. That's it. ROLL TRIBE

Here it is. There is only one coach in our district who is good and thats Graham Clark and he has a history of brain farts in the players. All these other coaches don't have a clue. I've been telling you for years Stacey Carter is not the answer in Johnson City. And, it's not the players but the number of players. We simply can't compete year after year with the overall number of athletes to contend with. DB usually has two or three really quality players per year but the Middle Tn schools have 6 or 8. That's it. ROLL TRIBE

Number of actual quality players is an issue for NE TN. True.

I would really like to have you on record saying you couldn't put the Maryville coaching staff at any upper east tn. schools and win state championships. Its coaching.