9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

I believe Norl was the MVP of the fall league. He is a heck of a player who plays with a really calm demeanor and can shoot the lights out. One thing that helps the Cubs in this matchup this year is Kenwood not having Maleek Hall. That guy really set the tone for their defense last year by putting a great deal of pressure on the opponent's primary ballhandler. May be one of the reasons why Saunders had it in his hands so much last year. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow. If you make it to Ashland City tomorrow night look me up and I will buy you some nachos and a coke and we can talk hoops Talent.

Gotcha- This game could go either way, just depends on which team plays better tomorrow night. Good measuring stick game for both(especially Cheatham) against solid competition before settling into district play. Obviously CPA is a dominant team and no shame in losing to that collection of talent, but Cascade pulling the upset over Kenwood was shocking even without Rivers. Haven't seen the Champions this year, but they must be much improved to have gotten off to such a great start.

Yea Hall was as quick as they come he averaged like 5 steals a game. No doubt that they miss his speed. To make things worst both there starting PG and back up are out for the season with injuries. Both have not played this year. That job was given to sophomore Norl brother Matthew who is a natural on the block a great passer who make great decisions but is not a point. I wish I could grab those nachos with you but I'm not sure I'm going to make that game. Maybe next time.

Saw Cascade last year and they were a pesky team. I talked to their coaches last year and they weren't too excited about moving up and into a district with the likes of CPA, Giles, Spring Hill, & Marshall. The move up seems to have gone better than anyone could have anticipated. Wins over Kenwood and Giles tell me they are much improved and a good team. CPA will definitely provide a challenge.

Kenwood (12-2) vs Cheatham Co. (11-0)

Last time played Nov 2012 KW won 71-65 @KW

CC 75.5 ppg opponents 60.1 ppg

KW 64.2 ppg opponents 50.1 ppg

KW leading scorer D.Norl 22.4 ppg (60%)

CC leading scorer J. Saunders 22.5 ppg (44%)

Players avg more then 3 ppg

CC 4

KW 8

Leading rebounder:

CC A. Douglas 7.9

KW J. Rivers 10.8

Common opponents: West Creek, White House

CC Won both by 10 and 14

KW won both by 22 and 34

Record vs top 50 teams in TN

CC 1-0

KW 2-1

Current TN Rank

CC # 20

KW #27

Tonight's Prediction, scores if you dare?

Cleggy report.  The Patriot Express has been derailed.  Record has dropped to 6-6 talent not showing up in production.  At this rate, I'll agree with mumbly, CC would beat them by 30.  Gotta get it together starting with better defense and improved shooting.  Opponets seem to be averaging 70% plus on FGA  while the Pats are probably more like 20-30%.  Bad recipe to get some wins.  Need improvement across the board if they want to right the ship.  I know they have the talent, just not clicking.  Cleggy out.