Greenbrier comes to the rock pile for championship game 1 vs Motown

Mr. Postman1

Y'all might not even get to hear that deflating noise this year. I take that back...y'all heard it around the middle of the second quarter during your first game this year.

Actually no...we play tough competition. You have played one good team and got hammered. EN in turn got hammered last week.

Westmoreland High School Rushing

- ATT YDS AVG TD LNG 2P

Justice Graves 11 125 11.4 1 0 0

Brad Evans 5 2 .4 0 0 0

Darrin Akins 8 22 2.8 0 0 0

Isreal Ward 7 14 2.0 0 0 0

Patrick French 5 6 1.2 0 0 0

Brandon Hudson 1 3 3.0 0 0 0

Bayle Kirk 1 2 2.0 0 0 0

Westmoreland High School Receiving

- REC YDS AVG TD LNG

Brad Evans 4 58.0 14.5 1 0

Isreal Ward 1 3.0 3.0 0 0

Jake Perry 1 28.0 28.0 0 0

Michael Evans 1 16.0 16.0 0 0

It sure seem a lot more lopsided than that. interesting. Could have been the missed attempts around the end zone for Westmoreland that made it seem soo lopsided.

How do you not kick a field goal and go up by two scores(twice)? Same question for us - how do you not kick a field goal 4th and 6 inside Westy's 15 in the first half?

Well not trying to be smart, but if you can't kick an extra point to tie a game what makes you feel your kicker could make a field goal. Our kicker hasn't been consistent enough to kick a field goal this year but did do the job Friday. That's a tough position that can win or lose you the game. Y'all found that out Friday. I feel the best team won in the end. We dominated y'all up front.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf  
    • The administration took the path of backing the coach and whispering to people that the kid was a problem. The reality is that the kid was never a problem on a team or classroom. The player says she has witnessed who back her not saying the f-word.  Why did the coach make that story up and other stories? I am not Sigmund Freud and do not have an answer for the ex=-coach's behavior..  
    • I think they have they coach they want close to being done. I guess we will all see how this plays out. I hope the hire a good one. There are some players in the box for the next coach to work with. 
    • Going to grundle Troy Fleming?
    • I agree I don't think it will go to trial either, but I feel like that will be because no judge would deem this to warrant a law suit... If the school board settles, they loose and all coaches and schools loose too.