Mr. Football 3a and 4a

They might be but when you score your 6th TD in the 4TH qtr and your already ahead by 42 that's not as impressive if you do it in a 42 - 47 ball game! Most coaches that have a great player isn't going to leave their star in and run the score up!

In Upperman's defense this is the first time in years that they've even been able to put the 2nd team in a game that's already won, or even had a 2nd team. In the past the 2nd team would only go in if they had no chance to win.

Most voters who watch high school football know who is special and who is not without stats.  Most know that the great players don't play into the second half, so sometimes the stats cannot be the ruling factor.

Connor has played in a lot more quarters than anyone else being mentioned for Mr. Football.  He has scored at least 10 TD's after the running clock was applied.  He is a very talented player, but everyone sees how bad they want it.  They should do things the right way and it probably would come to them.  Those 70 yard runs against 2nd team don't look good to opposing coaches.

I hope that is the case... It's always the introduction of Mr. Football to read the statistical numbers to validate their choice. Without naming any names, one year I listened to the runner-up have is regular season stats announced while the Mr Football winner had the regular season plus 3 playoff games added to make him more comparable to the eventual winner. Everyone has their hometown favorites, I just wish they could say a few words on why the winning candidate stood above the rest and became the voter's choice as Mr. Football. What did he prove beyond total yards to be the most outstanding athlete on the field. We may not agree with their decision, but we would be more willing to digest their rationale if they could share their thought process. Since it is an award based on opinion... their opinions could be shared. I think that could be handled respectfully to the other nominees, but also give the award a little more integrity. Then maybe we wouldn't have to listen to how all of the runner ups were robbed. 

Edited by Photoman

I hope that is the case... It's always the introduction of Mr. Football to read the statistical numbers to validate their choice. Without naming any names, one year I listened to the runner-up have is regular season stats announced while the Mr Football winner had the regular season plus 3 playoff games added to make him more comparable to the eventual winner. Everyone has their hometown favorites, I just wish they could say a few words on why the winning candidate stood above the rest and became the voter's choice as Mr. Football. What did he prove beyond total yards to be the most outstanding athlete on the field. We may not agree with their decision, but we would be more willing to digest their rationale if they could share their thought process. Since it is an award based on opinion... their opinions could be shared. I think that could be handled respectfully to the other nominees, but also give the award a little more integrity. Then maybe we wouldn't have to listen to how all of the runner ups and were robbed. 

I agree 100%!

Well looking into it, because i didnt follow Upperman asclose last year as i did this year, I found out that the CYork kid played in only 6 games cause he got injured. In those 6 games he had 25 td's....1700 passing and 750 rushing.  So even when UH was in a 4-6 season he was getting 280 a game passing ,125 rushing, and over 4 td's a game. You can fact check that on MurphyFair's season preveiw for this year. And as a sophmore he lead all sophmore qb's in total yardage from scrimmage and UH was 5-6. So its not like he has just done this in the second halfs this year against scrubs when you do some research.

so think of it this way, could you imagine the York kid plaing with Alcoa or Fulton talent around him? Think his numbers might be better? I would think so. And currently 5 of the 9 teams they have played have winning records. Just compare his numbers verse Smith co and anyone on Aloca's team verse Smith Co.

Ya might want to come off the east side if the rock ya live on and play a few games before ya go shooting off your mouths about what if !! We got a stable FULL RBs and QBs that are WELL above avg. with more coming out of ALCOA middle as well ....hope YAPPerman makes it to ALCOA!

Who was disrespecting Alcoa? It was a compliment. If the CYork kid is putting up these numbers with UH talent, imagine what he could do surrounded by Alcoa or Fulton type talent. In no way do I think UH can play with Alcoa. But the CYork kid would start and be a star if he played there. Ask Rankin, he would tell you the same thing. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

YAPPerman!! Shut up!! Leave that kid alone !! Your only drawing a bigger target on his head for big boy teams to aim at!! I hope he gets a medal just quit Yapping and spewing out stats ! Oh and keep ALCOA out of yarrr mouth too it's disrespectful ....

your the only disrespectful one on this thread. If you don't care to read it, then dont

Ya might want to come off the east side if the rock ya live on and play a few games before ya go shooting off your mouths about what if !! We got a stable FULL RBs and QBs that are WELL above avg. with more coming out of ALCOA middle as well ....hope YAPPerman makes it to ALCOA!

Upperman has a pool of about 700 kids to get their players from. Alcoa virtually has the whole state and surrounding regions to choose from. And the only one yapping is you. I hope the U, or anyone for that matter, knocks Alcoa off their high horse.