The real Watauga Valley Conference thread

dog4life

I noticed another thread titled WVC but it was actually the 3 Rivers Conference. What are everyones thoughts on this season? With the addition of South Greene to an already strong conference how will things stack up? Will it be Cloudland, Hampton, North Greene or South Greene in the end? Should be an exciting year in District 1-A. Last year 2 teams from District 1 went to Murfreesboro and I don't see any reason to think it couldn't happen again this year.

Cloudland will be guard heavy this year.  They return all of their guards from last year.  This will be the deepest team Cloudland has ever had.  The one senior we lost however is like losing 5.  Rhodes will very much be missed.  Having a girl 6'1 who averaged a double double every game is a big deal.  The big thing for the Lady landers is the return of 2012 regional tourn. Mvp Courtney Clarke.  I project her to return to the point along with sharp shooters Jarrett and Mull.  Expect alot of bombs behind the arc.  I'm not sure who will join Wilson under the goal.  Wilson could be special this year.  She has ball handling skills and was better at the 10 footers than Rhodes.  She's just not as tall.  This will be a very tough and fast lady highlander team.  Should be an exciting year.