Mitchell/CPA close on an angreement to play

Galilee

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a win for us because of the competion. Our league is very, very weak and we need these games. Our non-league is schedule Hamilton (2), Whitehaven, Jackson Southside, Melrose, Louisville Ballard, Gwinette, GA, and CPA. We are looking to add 2 more. So we win regardless

You do know Melrose will suck right? LOL, Whitehaven I heard lost they best player to Arlington?

Let's be real, you do know Melrose whole team left for other schools right? Whole team, reserve includes. Melrose will resemble a 1a school this season and will be lucky not to be last in that district with East. Hymon can't score beyond 5 ft, I watched him last yr, he's okay, nothing to be worried about. Lucky is to flashy and 1 stuff. He need to concentrate on being a pg instead of trying to score. He needs to be more like yall pg, Naba. 6'9, oh skinny kid, didn't play much last year. Is he good or you just saying because he's 6'9 he will be a problem?

Mitchell only has also has a chance to advance in football also. If the PG or Blackwell does not play football then it really does not matter.

Galilee, you are smarter than that. I read your posts and they are usually reasonable. If you think not having 3 of your top 6 players playing in a game doesn't matter, your smoking something. All three of these football players have played for 2 years on 2 state championship teams. It is hard to beat a team like Mitchell with 3 (not 2 - you are forgetting Allsmiller) good players and a bunch or reserves.

I am saying Melrose kids always play with effort and pride. Plus they have a very good young coach. He did an excellent job at Airways. As for Whitehaven, they have what we do not have, that is size. The tall skinny kid had a good summer espc. blocking shots. They can go 6-6 and 6-9 down low.

The PG, Blackwell and Jake are the key. Does Jake play football?

They are the key but CPA has won a lot of games because they have 5-6 guys who can step up. You do not win like they have the last 3 years with just 2 players. Jake does not play FB, but Richard and Howell are starters and play FB, and Manuel is the 6th man and plays FB, as does Adams who is the first off the bench for big men.

What's interesting is that CPA has lost 3 great players the last 2 years (Wharton, Lindsey and Spann) but not due to graduation.

To be honest the game is Dec.14 so the entire team will be there.

I stand corrected. My original point was that it takes a while for these FB players to get back in the swing of hoops after 4+ months of FB, and that the team will be better as the season progresses and the FB players play more games. You are right - they should all be playing and I am sure Mitchell will get better as season moves on as well. Should be a great game regardless and will help both teams, win or lose.

CPA has 3 D1players that will play  that game. There is no way you can say that you all have an disadvantage because of the football players. Lets be real.

You are 100% correct plus another D1 athlete in Richard with basketball abilities.  Great athletes have a way of shaking off the rust quickly.  When you realize how few HS players actually play college basketball at any level and so many teams do not have one one player who can play college basketball at all (let alone D1 level), it is a tremendous advantage. 

This could be a fun, early season game that will have no real bearing on what happens later in the season, but can certainly help a team's early season confidence.  If Mitchell were to pull out the win, how could anyone say it was minimized since they did it without CPA's best player in Lindsey?  That would be a ridiculous argument to make.  Wins aren't minimized by players who are not on the team. 

Edited by kbrks