Summit

cubs1

Guest HHrocket

i mean, it can't be $100k a year. i dont buy ditching kids for lame excuses. he made so many promises to these kids and this community. This is kiffin-esque. worse even, because he is an alum.

well if it is the truth they are getting a fine young football coach.  He did a great job this year at Forrest and I know people will be upset with him leaving but he will easily make 15 - 20 thousand more dollars a year.  There facilities are top rate and he will be missed in 9-A next year if it is true.  When all is said and done a coach has to be best for him and his family.  I am sure he did not make promises just to do it.  Situations change, if so good luck in the future, I hate it for Forrest but they will survive.  If he stays it will be great for the entire region because it will add competition to the entire region.

I have 2 sons who will soon be in the Forrest program. These past few months in Chapel Hill you could just feel something special brewing that had the potential to last for many years. All the pieces are in place to win at a level Forrest hasn't won at in 30 years. Community support is at an all time high. Anybody can go online and see that he won't be making 20k $ more. The key to him winning at Summit at a respectable level lies in one factor, KRIESKY. Forrest was a tough team to beat this year because no one could score easily on us. Easily the best Forrest defense in 30 years. If Kriesky decides to take the reigns at Forrest the the sky is the limit. Everyone close to the program knows and recognizes this. There is a very large group of parents, boosters, and players that have formed a group to throw every resource they have in Chapel Hill to keep Kriesky. The $ amount of money and resources being discussed yesterday would double the amount he would receive at Summit. This group includes local administrators, a pharmacist, and at least one banker. These people are very serious.

Guest HHrocket

I have 2 sons who will so.....

Great post 129.

Count me in as a huge Coach K supporter. I know those people of whom you speak. I have a son and nephew on the team now. They are%2

Edited by HHrocket

Guest HHrocket

the post editor is terrible- here is my entire post.

Great post 129.

Count me in as a huge Coach K supporter. I know those people of whom you speak. I have relatives on the team now. They are devastated but hopeful that Coach K will be “the guyâ€.

Not only was Forrest difficult to score on, they made TREMENDOUS halftime adjustments defensively.

Here are the 2nd half point totals of the 4 teams who defeated Forrest this year.

Cascade (AAA)- 0 points

Page (AAAA)- 7 points

Eagleville (District champ)- 0 points

Adamsville (State runner up)- 7 points.

When will we know something definitively??

Edited by HHrocket