Humboldt at Halls

JungleJim125

Did not expect this at all. The bad news is we have to play Halls next. Goto strap it up again. Congrats to the Tigers.

Me neither BigSwo but that's how this team has been playing all year, play hard against UC, McKenzie but on other nights don't show up at all! I heard offense was terrible many turnovers, 3 in 4th quarter! Halls deserved to win & wanted more, might be another early exit in playoffs for Vikings but at least BB is around the corner!! Congrats to UC for winning the district & good luck to tornadoes rest of season!!!!

First off, thanks to Reitz for remembering me.   :)  Even though I've been trying to refrain from posting this year, I do read up every week here on the coacht.

And you are right, I couldn't be happier.  The kids have finally figured out that it doesn't matter what name is on the front of that jersey.  They made too many mistakes last week against Peabody, otherwise we may have been talking about two big upsets in a row.

Tonight our defense locked down.  We had their QB running for his life...sacked him four or five times.  We frustrated them and by the time the fourth quarter came around they didn't know what to do next.

Our offense was definitely lacking tonight, but we did enough to get the win.  Defense has really been our focus point this year and they really clamped down tonight.

First win against a ranked team since we won at Peabody when they were #2 in '92.  I think six wins gets us in for sure, but instead of a six seed I think we may very well get a four and host a game!  We hold the tie breaker over Hillcrest and McKenzie losing last night helps us too.  But we will worry about all that later.

I'm just proud of those kids, especially the seniors on Senior Night.  Good group...they deserve it!

Edited by tigertiger

Humboldt will come back and thrive and survive this. R.I.P very well could mean resurection in progress. So beware just because we have one bad game doesnt mean we are out of plays or players. The coaches in Humboldt are dedicated to the kids and the program. So watch out what you post for the best is yet to come.

I sure hope so just can't figure this team out! One week we should have won at UC then next week we don't show up, it's hard to defend this team when they have heckle/Jeckle games!! I'm still cheering them on but if the end comes during the first round, I'll prepare to cheer the basketball teams on!!

I sure hope so just can't figure this team out! One week we should have won at UC then next week we don't show up, it's hard to defend this team when they have heckle/Jeckle games!! I'm still cheering them on but if the end comes during the first round, I'll prepare to cheer the basketball teams on!!

Frist great game for Halls. Mr 87  Coach Reid will have the Vikijngs on track Friday. Its going to be a tough practice for the Vikings this week. There are things Coach has got to get fixed in a hurry. I am not pointing out  any certain players or posted any names. Just got off the phone with a friend of mine from Humboldt and said Coach Reid was pisssed! Mclilly will be in the backfield Friday night. Humboldt has got to much talent to let this keep going on. Coach best put the hammer down hard this week no need in this to keep going on!