East Hamilton vs Rhea

To give Rhea something to stab at.....we got a taste of that wingt in the jamboree and I remember Jacob York and that stiff arm he put on one of the Owls dbs that the timesfreepress captured and put on front page of sports section...and they rushed for abt 200 on the ground in a quarter...are yal still that fast???Canes get ready...York and Co are stud on offense....now defense....ill ck with my buddy Doug and hopefully you won't miss him...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhea would have been right in the mix in 5AAA this year, with the changes Green had made over the last two years, the impact that Pemberton brought with an offense that fit us better, the Eagles were prime to start competing in 5AAA.  Not to mention that we had hit a dry spell for a while with athletes.  This senior class has several guys who got serious and have turned out to be very good football players and behind them the junior class is loaded with playmakers and athletes.  We also have several sophomores and a couple of freshman playing right now who are already impact players.  5AAA or 6AAA, doesn't matter, this team is good and only going to get better.

It's a welcomed change talking about playoffs in Week 9 considering the past couple years.

Big senior night ahead for Rhea's seniors. I think there will be a huge crowd on both sides, seeing as you have two top ten teams in the state (supposedly, according to a poll). Rhea will have a hard time with speed and hoping we have York as healthy as he can be. EH may have a tough time with the WingT offense, since they may have had trouble with it earlier in the year. I don't think Rhea's passing will be as effective as it has been within our own district. Remember, our old district (Ooltewah, Soddy, Cleveland, Bradley, etc) is a whole different world than Cumberland, Coffee, Warren, Cookeville, etc.

Because he is a stick.....he stirs the pot.....that's what he does and he is very good at it.

Wouldn't you agree chattacane?

Yea, but he is the guy you love to hate........ He will not stab you in the back, he stab you in the chest, and in doing so give you a back handed atta boy...... If you an't figured it out yet he is a cash cow for the Owls.......

Rhea would have been right in the mix in 5AAA this year, with the changes Green had made over the last two years, the impact that Pemberton brought with an offense that fit us better, the Eagles were prime to start competing in 5AAA.  Not to mention that we had hit a dry spell for a while with athletes.  This senior class has several guys who got serious and have turned out to be very good football players and behind them the junior class is loaded with playmakers and athletes.  We also have several sophomores and a couple of freshman playing right now who are already impact players.  5AAA or 6AAA, doesn't matter, this team is good and only going to get better.

i will give you some short history but first you are correct this Rhea team is pretty darn good, and yes they would be playoff bound if they were still in 5AAA. This team will be heck on wheels for the next 2 or 3 years.

Now to the short history....... And this is what scares me the most about this team, 2 years ago East Ham freshman team went 7 and 1. A team that killed a Alcoa freshman team by the way most if not all those kids are starting for a pretty darn good Alcoa varsity this year. The only loss was a butt whipping at the hands of Rhea Co. I would guess most of those guys are playing on that varsity. I cannot remember the score I think 14 points but the brutal assult up front and the massive hits was the whipping. I did the chains that game, the kids at Rhea where 1st class, as where the coaches. Talked to Coach Gate after the game I said they are going to be a pretty good football team in a couple of years. he said yea, "I am going to schedule them" I said why would we do that. "to be the best you got to play the best you can find". Gate feels that way I guess I am glad he does, I think let you know late Friday night.

If my mind can remember the only bright spot was #6 had a big game over 150 yards rushing, they had trouble with his speed to the outside, but he wore done as the game went on do to the hits and they fact he played both ways....... This game will come down too.... (skill play) East Ham speed vs. Rhea's up front power and pure physical play. If it's close game late edge to Rhea, East Ham gets up a couple of scores edge to them.

Cane, I remember the game well, and I remember the same stuff about EH, class team and athletic.  You've covered it well in your post, I'm looking forward to the game, I think it will be great matchup.  Wouldn't be surprised if we see a potential rematch in about 4 weeks.

Rhea fans....I agree you would fair better in 5aaa than in the past had you not moved....especially having a year of Greene under your belt......and I say that in reference to that Cane guy that always reminds me that his new coach started our winning ways......it would have been as tight as it is now.....Now.....don't let ChattaOwl fool you into thinking he is neutral.....and like your team and all.....wait till you read his essay after the game......he is going to dispute every bad call your refs made and even if Canes win by 20 ....... He will whine like an infant.....he pretends to have good sportsmanship but will passively point out all your flaws in a respectful way......he talks cash money trash for the Canes......and he is as ruthless as me......no apologies here....

I'll tell you what makes my day, RC fans are on these boards in week 9 talking about playoff football, we aren't on here whining about coaches, politics, etc.

i was wondering why the Rhea fans were not as vocal on this positive season as you were when things were in disarray .....keep winning and they will show up soon to brag........