Station Camp Forfeiting Games?

HighLife

I played football at Gallatin during some of the finest seasons of one of the best programs in the state.  I haven't lived there in years but have followed the program closely and this is a dark chapter and despicable embarrassment to me and to all the fine players of both Gallatin and Station Camp. The individual (s) involved in this vendetta against young people of a shared community and school system should be held accountable for the false accusations and providing the name of a minor to the local newspaper. I could not believe that the article named the minor and that the information had come from a source at Gallatin High school! When did destroying the dreams and hopes of young athletes become acceptable? To use the construction of a new high school for the woes of Gallatin's program is absurd. If the case were true then explain the Rutherford County school programs exchanging excellence each year?

To claim to know all the facts and turn a blind eye to what is truly the downfall of the team I love, one needs to search no further than this shameful witchhunt. If you know the truth then why would you support the naming of this young man whose family was a huge part of Gallatin High's success for many years? I know his family and after contacting a family member I do know the truth about who is taking credit for targeting this young man for embarrassment, harassment and the ugly potential a negative outcome would have had on this young man and his teammates for the rest of their lives! This is not GreenWave Pride! This will not change a loss to a win. Even if the TSSAA had found against Station Camp would one player have made that big of a difference to make destroying young people's lives worth it? No! It was selfish, simple-minded, idiocracy that Coach Short, Coach Barron and Dan Herron would have had no part of. Heads should roll at Gallatin High School. My alma mater deserves better than this! 

As said before, "Good for the parties not involved in this". Go back and read my earlier post. I am glad for the kids at SC who have worked hard for what they have accomplished. I am also proud of the kids at Gallatin for their efforts. They should not had to forfeit games regardless, however, to call this a verdetta against young people and say Gallatin gave the name of the child is truly a farce. Gallatin did not give the name. The individual did on social media. The newspaper found out and then found out he was a previous student at Gallatin. Gallatin was not looking to change a L to a W and did not push false accusations. If all evidence where allowed to be seen, we would not be having this conversation.

Since you know the family and discussed this situation over the phone, you know the "truth" and even a person that is targeting him. You too only know what you heard from a member of the family. They are certainly angry. You have not got answers to the right questions. That family has some great people in it and certainly the kid is liked at both schools. I too, know Coach Short and did know others and they too would not stand for what has occurred. But you and the majority will never know what has truly been occurring. Those individuals who do should be reluctant to continue doing what they have been doing.       

Thought of the day:

Sportsmanship is something simple, visible, tangible and attainable. It's when teammates, opponents, coaches and officials treat each other with respect. When everyone shares a mutual respect for the game, the benefits are fair play, courtesy and grace in loosing. Sportsmanship is a learned behavior, and it’s important that all coaches, officials and parents model, teach and lead by example.

If you ever visit, drop by Gallatin High School. Talk to the coaches, administration, teachers and take a tour. You would quickly change your opinion.

Edited by TheRealTruth

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he was a starter at Gallatin, they still lost to SC 42-14.He was not the difference.Gallatin has cried for years that SC recruits their kids and it is just not true as this case supports.The sad part is that at the end of the day it is high school sports not college or pro where it is a business and all these kids regardless of school represent Sumner County.Professionalism would say the school administration from Gallatin should have worked it out with SC's, not go and tattle-tell. Shameful for Gallatin that they resort to this.

As said before, "Good for the parties not involved in this". Go back and read my earlier post. I am glad for the kids at SC who have worked hard for what they have accomplished. I am also pround of the kids at Gallatin for their efforts. They should not had to forfeit games regardless, however, to call this a verdetta against young people and say Gallatin gave the name of the child is truly a farce. Gallatin did not give the name. The individual did on social media. The newspaper found out and then found out he was a previous student at Gallatin. Gallatin was not looking to change a L to a W and did not push false accusations. If all evidence where allowed to be seen, we would not be having this conversation.

Since you know the family and discussed this situation over the phone, you know the "truth" and even a person that is targeting him. You too only know what you heard from a member of the family. They are certainly angry. You have not got answers to the right questions. That family has some great people in it and certainly the kid is liked at both schools. I too, know Coach Short and did know others and they too would not stand for what has occurred. But you and the majority will never know what has truly been occurring. Those individuals who do should be reluctant to continue doing what they have been doing.

Thought of the day:

Sportsmanship is something simple, visible, tangible and attainable. It's when teammates, opponents, coaches and officials treat each other with respect. When everyone shares a mutual respect for the game, the benefits are fair play, courtesy and grace in loosing. Sportsmanship is a learned behavior, and it’s important that all coaches, officials and parents model, teach and lead by example.

If you ever visit, drop by Gallatin High School. Talk to the coaches, administration, teachers and take a tour. You would quickly change your opinion.

Just curious, are you saying someone was not allowed to submit evidence that could have cleared the air??

Even if he was a starter at Gallatin, they still lost to SC 42-14.He was not the difference.Gallatin has cried for years that SC recruits their kids and it is just not true as this case supports.The sad part is that at the end of the day it is high school sports not college or pro where it is a business and all these kids regardless of school represent Sumner County.Professionalism would say the school administration from Gallatin should have worked it out with SC's, not go and tattle-tell. Shameful for Gallatin that they resort to this.

Gallatin was not looking to change score. If professionalism where the answer than Gallatin would not have went to that extent.

Now the "faithful" just want to play ball. Station Camp did not start this.......................They may well finish it though,JMO.

Very true statement. SC was attacked and IMO it was out of jealousy or some other ridiculousness. Has anyone ever thought that a phone call between administrations or ADs could have resolved this without all the negative publicity? I know the administration and I am certain they would have self reported had a phone call transpired and it been found that the kid was there illegally. As I said previously, I have lost all respect for the current regime and hate to see a program with that kind of tradition being in the situation they are in. Nothing will change in Gallatin unless changes are made to those that steer the ship. There may be good years, but to be a prestigious program just isn't in the cards with the current people doing the dealing. A large cloud now hangs over this once prestigious program. Unfortunate, but true.

Edited by eers