DII-A East and West

boogie123

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECS is very disciplined. They are going to hold the ball, up or down. If they stay close or lead the game, the score may be in the 20's

St George will run the floor and be physical on offense and defense

Lausanne will run and run. Physical on defense and offense. And run some more

Harding will run when necessary and go to half court when they need to. They will play tough defense.

Any thoughts on the 8 teams left?

DCA

FRA

BGA

Knox Web

ECS

St. George's

Lausanne

Harding

Thoughts from East-Middle Regional Tournament:

I thought BGA would sail through but their shooters went cold the entire weekend.  If they decide to get hot again, as they have been most of the regular season, watch out.  They will be tough to beat and would have crushed Knox Webb in the Regional Championship game.

Knox Webb has a good team and can run the floor.  Very scrappy.  But with just a couple of shooters and no true post player, they might be easy to match up with for most well-rounded teams.

FRA took a hard hit when their high scorer went down with a season-ending injury just prior to the Regional tournament.  However if you underestimate their post play and the heart of their guards you will be sorry.  FRA is no stranger to post-season play so they may be ready to upset some folks.

DCA is made up of a bunch of warriors - hard workers on both ends of the court.  Their conditioning will serve them well since they don't have much depth at all.  Their starting 5 must carry the load.  However, if you give their high scorer a sliver of daylight, he will knock down big shots consistently.

Good luck to all going forward!

Is BGA pretty loaded?

When their shots fall, they are hard to beat.  Moran can hit 3s as smooth and consistently as anyone I've seen.  A couple others can knock down the 3 also.  Their inside guy, Cowie is a textbook fundamental big man - if you try to test him you will pay for it.  Plus they are loaded with seniors and the group has played together for several years.  Hard to combat against chemistry.

Um? 24 lbs of muscle huh? 6-3 huh? So Im gonna say in reality he is more like 6'1 probably 170. Several colleges huh? NAIA and DIII probably, DI no way.  No one beats FRA outside of Memphis in DII this year. I miss Geeman.

Wow BigENS...that may be the nicest thing you have ever said in all the years I have been posting in CoachT.  I've been checking in here and there throughout this season.  Not much to talk about since the kid has moved on and that on top of that the growing pains of a young Ezell Harding team hasn't left too much to talk about from the Eagle camp.

From what I can tell it could be an interesting finish for a state berth.  Naturally would love to see all the teams from the East/Mid make it.  Would expect BGA to be there...but they have to get the job done.  Webb School of Knoxville the same.  FRA needs a big game from their big guy.  (losing Cooper really hurts this team)  Big Rob has to play like the Mr. Basketball he should be.  DCA always has a chance!  Remember 2012!

You guys give me someone to root for at Lipscomb!  Good luck to all!

the below projections are based on detailed statisical analysis and projections with help of NASA computer.

Harding vs Knox Webb, webb wins in the closest game of the 4-(Harding coach very savvy)

FRA vs St George, SG wins by 15

Lausanne vs BGA, BGA wins by 15

DCA vs ECS, low scoring affair with DCA edging out a 3 pt win

Harding vs Knox Webb,

FRA vs St George,

Lausanne vs BGA,

DCA vs ECS,

Here are the match ups...

the below projections are based on detailed statisical analysis and projections with help of NASA computer.

Harding vs Knox Webb, webb wins in the closest game of the 4-(Harding coach very savvy)

FRA vs St George, SG wins by 15

Lausanne vs BGA, BGA wins by 15

DCA vs ECS, low scoring affair with DCA edging out a 3 pt win

Knox Webb by 10

FRA wins by 1

ECS wins by 2

BGA by 15