DII-A East and West

boogie123

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA will be in good shape....we have a 6'-6" player - Lewie Gillespie came to DCA for his Sr year...formally homeschool ... Jake Singer will do well, Jaron Warden is 6'-5 and has added muscle, Clay Hertel, My son is now 6-3 and has worked out with a passion and has put on 24 lbs of muscle since the start of last season, and has several colleges from D-1 to NAIA recruiting him now from the good summer he had in AAU and the exposure of Rick Bolus Blue Chip All Star and ranked by Andre Whitehead of unapproved website. We should battle for state..

FRA and Knox Webb should dominate this side of the state with ECS coming out of the West. Not sure DCA has enough to get there.

Um? 24 lbs of muscle huh? 6-3 huh? So Im gonna say in reality he is more like 6'1 probably 170. Several colleges huh? NAIA and DIII probably, DI no way.  No one beats FRA outside of Memphis in DII this year. I miss Geeman.

Clay was measured 2 weeks ago and just a hair under 6-3...you are dead on 170 tho!! and it has been a struggle to put weight on him but it is "sticking" now. And he doesn't really have a D1 body..he is getting there.. and has long arms (6-5-1/2) wingspan. And has a very high vertical and great 3point shot. But more than likely will be D2,3 or NAIA and we are good with that. Where does your son play?

• 2 weeks later...

DCA basketball played well with 4 players missing for football...lost in the championship game of the Chick Fila Tournament to JP II 80-68. Those guys from JP II shot lights out from the 3... Clay Hertel had 32 in the first game, 24 in the second game and 33 then in the loss in the championship. looking fwd to a great season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BGA is outstanding. The Wildcats beat Ensworth by 22 Saturday. Although the Tigers are still recovering from football season, that's still an impressive win. BGA has now won ten straight games.

I don't know much about BGA but looking forward to seeing them come tourney time. I kinda figured dropping down to DIIA they might be hard to handle.

• 4 weeks later...