BA versus Ensworth

baylorbigdog1976

I would agree with that ... It was a team effort but BA's defense really stepped it up last night . I watched the game again online and Derrick barnett had his best game ever in a BA uniform . I could insert cj and Tyler into that sentence as well. BA was getting yardage up the middle all night. Pittman was getting push from the center position and the entire line blocked well.

Ensworth has been able to ram it down the throats of teams who do not have such a big and athletic ( and healthy )defemsive line. BA stacked the middle and could match ensworths speed on the corner but I think the game was won upfront. Ensworth had 2 good runs all night .

Wes would be interesting to know the stats from the game if you have them. More than anything I think BA will know they can beat anyone when they play the way they did last night. I also give the coaching staff alot of credit. They called one of the best games I have seen at BA in a long while.

Congrats to BA - they looked like world-beaters last night!!! Upgraded facilities were very nice as well. As much as I hate that the Tigers lost, I am glad to see a little parity return to the league. High school football is so mental and emotional; Ensworth is gonna find that all of a sudden other teams will come in with the knowledge that Ensworth can be beaten after all. Should make for an awesome D2-AA playoff this year. May all teams play their best and may there be no major injuries!!

Great game for the BA family last night!  I thought the coaching staff did a great job -- they clearly took some of the lessons from the MBA loss to heart.  Took points when they were available, managed the clock at the end . . .  

A rematch would be fun to watch.  Beating a team like Ensworth twice would be a tall task, but as a fan, I hope to get the chance to see it!

Congrats to BA - they looked like world-beaters last night!!! Upgraded facilities were very nice as well. As much as I hate that the Tigers lost, I am glad to see a little parity return to the league. High school football is so mental and emotional; Ensworth is gonna find that all of a sudden other teams will come in with the knowledge that Ensworth can be beaten after all. Should make for an awesome D2-AA playoff this year. May all teams play their best and may there be no major injuries!!

Thanks for the classy words. I'm simultaneously eager and anxious about a likely state semifinal rematch. If BA beats Ensworth again, it won't be by 26. Ricky will be ready.

It looked like it may have helped wear down EHS defense.  Especically on the scoring drive near the end of the 2nd Q.  Would you agree?

I completely agree. While Ensworth is extremely talented, depth is not a strength. BA's goal appeared to be to tire the Tigers defense with long, methodical drives, then take occasional home-run shots. 

I would agree with that ... It was a team effort but BA's defense really stepped it up last night . I watched the game again online and Derrick barnett had his best game ever in a BA uniform . I could insert cj and Tyler into that sentence as well. BA was getting yardage up the middle all night. Pittman was getting push from the center position and the entire line blocked well.

Ensworth has been able to ram it down the throats of teams who do not have such a big and athletic ( and healthy )defemsive line. BA stacked the middle and could match ensworths speed on the corner but I think the game was won upfront. Ensworth had 2 good runs all night .

Wes would be interesting to know the stats from the game if you have them. More than anything I think BA will know they can beat anyone when they play the way they did last night. I also give the coaching staff alot of credit. They called one of the best games I have seen at BA in a long while.

Stats on the way shortly. Here are the game highlights.

Final stats

First downs: BA 16, Ensworth 11

Total yards: BA 346, Ensworth 227

Passing:

Ensworth - 8-25 for 86 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT

BA - 19-29 for 211 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT 

Rushing:

Ensworth - 27 carries for 141 yds, 1 TD (5.2 yards per rush)

BA - 41 carries for 142 yds, 2 TD (3.5 yards per rush)

Turnovers: Ensworth 6, BA 2

Individual stats:

Ensworth

D'Andre Ferby: 14 carries, 52 yards (3.7 YPC)

Donovan Sheffield: 2 carries, 49 yards 

Rico McGraw: 9 carries, 41 yards, 1 TD (4.6 YPC)

Kiambu Fentress: 6 catches, 72 yards (12 YPC)

Brentwood Academy

Shon Lumpkin: 14 carries, 63 yards (4.5 YPC)

Shawn Brashers: 13 carries, 42 yards (3.2 YPC)

C.J. Sanders: 8 catches, 100 yards, 1 TD 

Brandon Taylor: 5 catches, 86 yards