Jo Byrns @ Nashville Christian

Shep

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather folks can't seem to make up their minds about Friday (now they're back with a 20% chance of rain), but it looks like the temps are going to be in the low 50's around game time.  Maybe the receivers can be a bigger part of the offense this time around.

Yep, there won't be any excuses about the weather after this one.  I suspect JB will have a little more success through the air but I'm not sure that'll be enough.  For NCS I think we're going to see a lot of Bituli like we did in the first game.  I know you guys have been throwing it around lately but I think Brothers pounds the rock in this one.  Maybe the rain had something to do with it but I believe Bituli carried the ball more against us than any other team this season (25 times).

I keep going back and forth on how I think this one turns out.  In the first game JB was dominated in the first half.  In the second half we started to have a little more success but it wasn't enough.  I'm just wondering if JB's second half success was fool's gold or the real thing.  If I had to guess right now I'd say fool's gold.  We had a fumble recovery for a TD and recovered two onside kicks.  I doubt that happens again.  However, I think it shows the blueprint for JB to win this one.  We're not going to win it by just lining up head to head and seeing who is better; NCS wins that battle.  JB is going to have to create some turnovers, win the special teams battle, and hopefuly have a little more success on offense through the air.  It'll be tough but we have a few playmakers that just might get it done. T-minus 34 hours and some change...