11 AA 2013-2014 predictions? Players to watch?

basketballjones

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly handles cw tonight at wavo, should be no contest. cw struggles against good ball pressure both in full and half court games. Wavo will have a good match up at every position and should crush cw on glass. Bottom line: wavo wins convincingly over a young cw. Spread of 15 to 20

I think you missed this one.  The ball pressure didn't seem to bother CW at all. Quite honestly I thought that the ball pressure might give CW problems as well but it did not appear to.

This was a great game and both teams, I believe, showed that they are the 2 teams to beat in 11AA.  Next game at CW should be a good one.

I think you missed this one.  The ball pressure didn't seem to bother CW at all. Quite honestly I thought that the ball pressure might give CW problems as well but it did not appear to.

This was a great game and both teams, I believe, showed that they are the 2 teams to beat in 11AA.  Next game at CW should be a good one.

I would agree on missing this one fully. Was in attendance and saw a completely different side to cw last night at waverly. Waverly's big guy virtually gave cw no trouble which I thought would play a larger role. Smith, after starting off cold, finally caught fire in the 2nd half and they went as he went to win the game. Non-biased here but I thought there were some controversial calls against cw specifically throughout the game. Just my two cents. Bottom line: wavo wins by a thread; will be a good one at cw

I would agree on missing this one fully. Was in attendance and saw a completely different side to cw last night at waverly. Waverly's big guy virtually gave cw no trouble which I thought would play a larger role. Smith, after starting off cold, finally caught fire in the 2nd half and they went as he went to win the game. Non-biased here but I thought there were some controversial calls against cw specifically throughout the game. Just my two cents. Bottom line: wavo wins by a thread; will be a good one at cw

Also an unbiased basketabll fan who lives in the area.  Smith getting hot I thought really gave Waverly the advantage.  Think he presssed a little early, maybe due to the fact that there was a school there watching.

Thought one of the big differences was couple of touch fouls on CW early made them play some freshmen that changed what they could do on both ends of the court.

Thought the officiating was bad on both ends but when 2 good teams play and one team shoots 3x the FT that the other team does, not usually a good sign.  Told an official friend of mine that when I walked in the gym I knew the officiating would be poor.  Should have been a much better crew there for that big of an early season matchup.

But take nothing away from Waverly, Coach Trotter made some good adjustments. When the run and gun went in CW's favor he slowed it down a bit and ran 1/2 court which I wasn't sure he would do.

Again 2 good teams that I will travel to CW to watch,

I think I saw a different game than you 'bottomline' in that the Waverly kid altered the game defensively with like 3-4 blocked shots and like 3 more goaltending calls.  Not my personal preference in defense but you could see how it affected CW's shooters not named Cummings (especially their subs).  He quietly got a double-double in getting 17 points and 10+ boards.  With Waverly's scorers, what more do you want out of the 5 position.  CW's big was a little more polished/fluid on the offensive end not by much though.  Both athletes had good footwork and was able to get into position when/where they wanted.  Both also played great help side defense.  They both played a great game.  

No doubt Waverly is the best team in the district, but when Camden boys want to play together as a team they can be pretty tough. The have 6 seniors who have played together quite awhile. Will have to wait and see and hopefully when Waverly comes to Camden they dont shoot 80% No matter what they shoot Camden will need the AAA game.