Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Question I have is when the new renovation went in why didn't they make these upgrades then?  I mean the basketball arena is great!!! But from what I heard football has always been the bread winner at Oak Ridge.  Even helped with some of the academic purchases through the years not to mention funded many other sports. I've been here long enough to have an opinion.  Keep up with the Jones .. Well if you don't keep up parents and kids will go to the private schools. It makes the program appear to be going backwards no matter the records and because of the private schools actively recruiting you will start losing kids and parents looking to relocate. Oak Ridge school board is under the thumb of city gov't. The city gov't has an agenda.  Think about it. If Oak Ridge schools go under the Anderson County Schools list then it takes the burden off of them. 

Oak Ridgers I've been other places and seen it before!!!!

I don't like calling people out on boards but Bladerunner what's your agenda.  I'm not even from here and I hear nothing but antagonism when talking about current Oak Ridge Football. Just my opinion, so help me figure this out. Are you a current fan of Oak Ridge Football? Are you a family member for Scott Blade (great coach), Gulmires, or a true Farragut, Clinton, and/or Kingston fan. Is this Ron Gray? Could it be Mike Mullins? Or is it Joe Gaddis wanting to hear people respond back to his defense? I just want to get a true representation of yourself and I promise I'm not trying to start anything negative. I just want to know to respond to yo with a healthy debate or just laugh and look at the next post.

Question I have is when the new renovation went in why didn't they make these upgrades then? I mean the basketball arena is great!!! But from what I heard football has always been the bread winner at Oak Ridge. Even helped with some of the academic purchases through the years not to mention funded many other sports. I've been here long enough to have an opinion. Keep up with the Jones .. Well if you don't keep up parents and kids will go to the private schools. It makes the program appear to be going backwards no matter the records and because of the private schools actively recruiting you will start losing kids and parents looking to relocate. Oak Ridge school board is under the thumb of city gov't. The city gov't has an agenda. Think about it. If Oak Ridge schools go under the Anderson County Schools list then it takes the burden off of them.

Great post

My grandson goes to Oak Ridge High School and he says the reason there was such a problem with communication with snow day was that the school superintendent had to wait for the bus company (who is now under contract but when I was here last was with school system or city) had to get back with him and it really caused logistics problems cause they were not prepared. 

I'm telling you the goal is to get Oak Ridge Schools in Anderson County system.  Just remember your test scores will be mixed in with the whole system. Food for thought. I seen it before!

Question I have is when the new renovation went in why didn't they make these upgrades then? I mean the basketball arena is great!!! But from what I heard football has always been the bread winner at Oak Ridge. Even helped with some of the academic purchases through the years not to mention funded many other sports. I've been here long enough to have an opinion. Keep up with the Jones .. Well if you don't keep up parents and kids will go to the private schools. It makes the program appear to be going backwards no matter the records and because of the private schools actively recruiting you will start losing kids and parents looking to relocate. Oak Ridge school board is under the thumb of city gov't. The city gov't has an agenda. Think about it. If Oak Ridge schools go under the Anderson County Schools list then it takes the burden off of them.

I can assure you there G.I. Joe.. There are many of our kids who could not afford to go to a private school.. Is my understanding that the basketball arena was built with Donor money.. Is hard to tell a donor what to do with his money.. The bleacher problem will be fixed I assure you ., But take some time to visit the other stadiums let me know what you think. Start with Halls. Edited by bladerunner

I can assure you there G.I. Joe.. There are many of our kids who could not afford to go to a private school.. Is my understanding that the basketball arena was built with Donor money.. Is hard to tell a donor what to do with his money.. The bleacher problem will be fixed I assure you ., But take some time to visit the other stadiums let me know what you think. Start with Halls.

We are NOT Halls and don't intend to be.

I can assure you there G.I. Joe.. There are many of our kids who could not afford to go to a private school.. Is my understanding that the basketball arena was built with Donor money.. Is hard to tell a donor what to do with his money.. The bleacher problem will be fixed I assure you ., But take some time to visit the other stadiums let me know what you think. Start with Halls.

Did you say Halls.. Halls... Yes the Mecca of high school football. Halls... Wow Is this Ron gray????

My grandson goes to Oak Ridge High School and he says the reason there was such a problem with communication with snow day was that the school superintendent had to wait for the bus company (who is now under contract but when I was here last was with school system or city) had to get back with him and it really caused logistics problems cause they were not prepared.

I'm telling you the goal is to get Oak Ridge Schools in Anderson County system. Just remember your test scores will be mixed in with the whole system. Food for thought. I seen it before!

The good news is Oak Ridge did not get that much snow by that time..Are you from Fl?

Blade runner.... Private schools have a thing called scholarships for students. But did you know the Fox family first came to Oak Ridge to talk about where they were going to (Anderson Co. great RB) to school. And Coach Blade blew them off (is what i heard from AC parent). I guess blow them off is to extreme cause the Blade I met is a very nice man, but didn't seem interested. Went to Clinton next...well enough said. Anderson County coaches were very accepting and their facilities were great and reminded them of schools in Texas. That's what I mean about relocating parents. So many people move in (plants contracts are comng up soon) if Oak Ridge is not careful AC, Hardin Valley, or Karns (oops never Karns disregard that) will become the Oak Ridge of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.