Cavs role big over Cheatam

Guest IBleedMaroon

Guest IBleedMaroon

You would think after the last six years that people would learn their lesson. "You never under estimate the power of a cavalier." Cheatam County's program can compare noway to Crockett County, and people still actually think they have a chance. I realize that Cheatam used to be a 4a team but the Cavs speed will dominate throught the playoffs.

Cavs 35

Cheatam 0

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Congratulations in making the playoffs. You have a solid team with a comparable coaching staff.

However, I do not feel you can match the speed of Crockett Co. Along with that speed, they have some good size in the trenches which makes their offense fly.

Cheatham County fans, enjoy the long drive through the cotton fields. ;)

Cavs 28

Cubs 10

Why can't anyone ever give us respect? Coach Pratt has worked his tail off and then some for that team..AND all of the coaches. They have turned the football program @ CCHS around and into something people have pride in and support with all of their hearts. I just don't understand why nobody can give them the respect they have been deserving for a long time now...my main issue is with the Jackson Sun. They only put a picture of CCHS on there when we play South Side or Milan. There are also a lot of other teams in West TN that deserve more recognition than CC. Anyone else out there agree with me? Any comments on this? :confused:

I think the Cavs earned a lot of respect with their run to the Championship Game last year. A lot of people considered that run a fluke but they have backed up last year with a 10-0 regular season this year. I wouldnt get too worked up with anything said on these boards....its all in fun. The Cavs have a chance to earn more respect with another good run this year in the playoffs. I just hope people remember to think of the game at hand and not worry about one or two weeks ahead. If i recall we won our first 3 games in the playoffs by a combined 7 points last year. AP polls and message boards are fine for conversation...the bottom line is that you earn respect on Friday nights...and you earn it one game at a time.

Posted by volca:

...my main issue is with the Jackson Sun. They only put a picture of CCHS on there when we play South Side or Milan. There are also a lot of other teams in West TN that deserve more recognition than CC. Anyone else out there agree with me? Any comments on this? :confused:

As for the Jackson Sun, they send reporters and photogs to only 3 or 4 key games a week. I think they were more than generous with their coverage of our playoff run last year. Dennis Seid wrote several columns and some super articles during our playoff run. Their staff is limited and i feel like they do the best they can with what management gives them. Their entire sports coverage has weakened over the past few years. They arent even sending a reporter to cover University of Tennessee games anymore. If you will notice, they pick up the AP or Tennessean coverage. If the Cavs keep winning, the Jackson Sun will be there.

Just One Man's Opinion

I agree with what you have said...and as for the taking it one game at a time, that's very true. I think that sometimes the guys do let get big heads not on purpose, but just because of their personal accomplishments and from the team getting this far and being this successful. I just hope they don't go into games thinking we will win, and then come up short. They should think positive about the games, but not certain of their success. What do you think will happen this Friday night with Cheatham Co.? Will you be there?