West @ Anderson County 3rd Rd!

MAVERICK1995

Of course they prepared for him just like every team has. I would have liked to see what he could have done given the chance. I'm not against changing a game plan to throw in a new look, but to sit your #1 running back in the state on the sidelines without a reason as if he's done something wrong or as if you've lost faith, is very confusing. If you want the best out of him, you have to treat him as the best. I know Matt will always give his all for AC, unless the faith isn't there. He thrives on pressure and just got dropped like a hot potato. Next year is next year. Last night was a fight for the prize in sight and the now is what mattered. What do you tell your son when he feels he could have changed the game and has proven it in the past?

Just so ya know....I have some property in the Halls area! We are always looking for great players! Lord knows we need all the help we can get!

LOL erell! I'm not one to jump ship over a broken water pipe. Good luck convincing Matt to ever play anywhere but AC. I'm just not pleased with the decisions made last night or how they were handled. Football is everything these young men have in life aside from girlfriends at this point. Matt will always do what the coach feels is best for the team without question. I've raised him myself and always given him the good with the bad...no secrets or mysteries. He gives me the same in return. It's the respect and love between us. Matt isn't so upset about losing the game. He knows there is next year and he's had a stellar year. He's struggling with the lack of faith shown him last night without reason. I just hope the reasons given, if they ever are, can help him understand. Warning...Matt has a genetically enhanced BS detector, so make it good.

Just curious, but who is the single season rushing leader in Anderson County and how many yards would it be?

Fox is the single season and single game rushing leader for AC

AC/Clinton           14 carries 149 yards 4 TDs  W 53-13

AC/Austin East       13 carries 247 yards 4 TDs  W 56-14

AC/Gibbs             23 carries 208 yards 0 TDs  W 35- 6

AC/Campbell County   10 carries 138 yards 0 TDs  W 26-21

AC/Karns             11 carries 105 yards 1 TD   W 49-14

AC/Powell            19 carries 138 yards 2 TDs  L 27-41

AC/Knoxville Central 31 carries 394 yards 3 TDs  W 60-38

AC/Knox Catholic     33 carries 433 yards 4 TDs  W 61-40

AC/Knoxville Halls   11 carries 139 yards 3 TDs  W 43-13

AC/Oak Ridge         29 carries 268 yards 3 TDs  W 19- 6

Playoffs

AC/Cherokee          25 carries 230 yards 5 TDs  W 54-28

AC/South Doyle       12 carries  56 yards 1 TD   W 32-27

AC/Knoxville West    11 carries  22 yards 0 TDs  L 32-19

Totals              242  carries 

2526 yards

30   TDs

State Ranking #1

National Ranking #23

Yards per carry average 10.44

Longest Run 97 yards at Oak Ridge

Edited by Foxman43

AC/Clinton 14 carries 149 yards 4 TDs W 53-13

AC/Austin East 13 carries 247 yards 4 TDs W 56-14

AC/Gibbs 23 carries 208 yards 0 TDs W 35- 6

AC/Campbell County 10 carries 138 yards 0 TDs W 26-21

AC/Karns 11 carries 105 yards 1 TD W 49-14

AC/Powell 19 carries 138 yards 2 TDs L 27-41

AC/Knoxville Central 31 carries 394 yards 3 TDs W 60-38

AC/Knox Catholic 33 carries 433 yards 4 TDs W 61-40

AC/Knoxville Halls 11 carries 139 yards 3 TDs W 43-13

AC/Oak Ridge 29 carries 268 yards 3 TDs W 19- 6

Playoffs

AC/Cherokee 25 carries 230 yards 5 TDs W 54-28

AC/South Doyle 12 carries 56 yards 1 TD W 32-27

AC/Knoxville West 11 carries 22 yards 0 TDs L 32-19

Totals 242 carries

2526 yards

30 TDs

State Ranking #1

National Ranking #23

Yards per carry average 10.44

Longest Run 97 yards at Oak Ridge

So it is Matt?

Just so ya know....I have some property in the Halls area! We are always looking for great players! Lord knows we need all the help we can get!

38 you antagonizer :) recruting for Halls. You would not take my nephews best running back would you? Remember we 3AAA stick up for each other. LOL I can not wait to see what yards Matt puts up next year. He broke Daveys record this year a game or two ago.

38 you antagonizer :) recruting for Halls. You would not take my nephews best running back would you? Remember we 3AAA stick up for each other. LOL I can not wait to see what yards Matt puts up next year. He broke Daveys record this year a game or two ago.

I might pull for 3AAA but will pull for Halls above all else...we are bad and I know it....but we have been good before albeit years ago...but I will tell ya, I will do what everybody else does and RECRUIT to get good kids in! They won't ever come until we start winning again but I will always try to get the ball rolling...

I might pull for 3AAA but will pull for Halls above all else...we are bad and I know it....but we have been good before albeit years ago...but I will tell ya, I will do what everybody else does and RECRUIT to get good kids in! They won't ever come until we start winning again but I will always try to get the ball rolling...

thats what you gotta do. now if more people in knox thought like that

Too bad Cottrell didn't stay with the Red Devils, Erell. Keeping him would've been a great start. Now just keep some of the linemen from going to places like Catholic and Grace and you will be on the right track.

SS....absolutely keeping Cottrell would have helped.....we have got to do something to keep our kids from going elsewhere...what that is I ain't quite sure...but I am dang sure gonna try and figure it out...a start would be a couple of wins