DCA @ St. George's - Semi-Finals

thegood

If you are a Friendship parent and have been one while playing with the publics how do you feel about new kids coming to your school from various places because they may get to go now without paying? And of coarse you have been paying or at least that's why you could stay in the public arena? Now there is something you could wine about not being directly fair to you. Who cares about where kids come from that's why you guys got in D2 also so you could pull from everywhere and give scholarships. And don't give me the line that your school doesn't do it because I heard your headmaster on 104.5 say that you are. So if next year you got a load of Blackmans kids to transfer out( because they or any other team in Rutherford has them to spare) and pay for their school and they take positions from Friendship lifers and you end up pulling out the big win for the trophy are you going to say that's not fair? No, and you will defend your team against anyone who says different. Sounds like to me you guys thought you would come in and walk through everyone and it just didn't turn out that way. Don't worry there are more seasons to be played and I think it will all be ok.

Wow, this is hard to follow.  I don't think we really don't anticipate a flood of student/athletes on financial aid.  And I don't think any of them will get full tuition scholarships anyway.  I hope it doesn't totally change the dynamics of our athletics.  If it does, I would bet we go back to DI at some point.  It's not who we are.  We are really more like a small public school in many ways.  Those who come from out of county are very few.  And no, I didn't expect to walk through DII.  I thought it was a step up in competition level, as we learned.  Knox Webb, BGA, SG, DCA all have quality programs.  We have risen to the competition in past years.  And I believe we will again. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is hard to follow.  I don't think we really don't anticipate a flood of student/athletes on financial aid.  And I don't think any of them will get full tuition scholarships anyway.  I hope it doesn't totally change the dynamics of our athletics.  If it does, I would bet we go back to DI at some point.  It's not who we are.  We are really more like a small public school in many ways.  Those who come from out of county are very few.  And no, I didn't expect to walk through DII.  I thought it was a step up in competition level, as we learned.  Knox Webb, BGA, SG, DCA all have quality programs.  We have risen to the competition in past years.  And I believe we will again.

I believe you are good now. My point is a previous post from another person was complaining about USN co-oping with DCA . It's private school so you can recruit or how ever we want to say that. So the point is who cares where the kids come from. Also I don't expect you guys to be flooded with kids and give everyone full rides so to speak but that is really the true reason for getting in to D2. You can have a wider footprint because you can offer tuition assistance( better verbiage for scholarship.) I don't think you guys had a bad year and I do believe that you are at the top of the heap now. You know like me things happen and sometimes they don't work out. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Wow this thread is gold. Why can't this happen more on the D2 boards. We all have opinions, and most likely none of them matter. I think DCA has a small advantage. I have no problem with that, we had an advantage while we were in D1. Congrats to DCA on making the semi-finals. The DCA fan talking trash to us is great, y'all got beat by the worst FC football team in the last 10 years. I don't see the results changing anytime soon as long as the middle school players stay at FC. We'll prob get a couple transfers and hopefully be pretty good.

Good grief. FCS pulled out a prayer against DCA with your best athlete ever and you call them the worst in 10 years? Is that the team that got throttled by TC too?

I just witness the HS basketball games and they were brutal. DCA absolutely destroyed your boys team with it starting center out for the year and their best player getting some bad bounces. I think he still had 28 but could have had 40. The final score was DCA by 30+ and it could have been 50. You should work on more transfers from the northeast in basketball or this will be a trend for you guys. Your kids played hard but they cannot compete in D2 at this point. Maybe your AD can figure out a way to dodge DCA for another two decades so you can pad your records against 1A schools? It worked before so give it a try again?

Now for another debacle in basketball against DCA then on to baseball where the cats have an outstanding pitching staff with the top rated 15 year old pitcher in the state .

Lastly, it appears you cancelled both middle school games, again, so it looks like both of DCA's potential Harpeth Valley Atheltic Conference front runners won't get to test FCS. It would have been a nice barometer for the state of the future of the programs. However, we can assume the outcomes based on their current records against top notch programs.

I have to ask though are you guys still bitter about the Lancaster deal. I heard it really stung some of you ? I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by Playerscoach